Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know how many people are here from FSB that may remember me. Here was my '93 Eddie Bauer that got it's own version of SAS with a Solid Axle Swap.

Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot IMG_7718.JPG

I had to sell it when I moved to Italy and could only take one vehicle with me. Unfortunately it had to be a family vehicle and the Brown Bomber found a new home. I miss that rig every time I see a 80-96 FSB. Life moves on and here I am with a 2022 OBX now.

Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot IMG_8281

A few weeks later and I've already had every removable body part including bumpers off of it. 35" KO2s on Falcon T1 wheels. Zone 2" lift/level going on this weekend. It rubs a little in reverse even with the crash bars off.

Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot IMG_8488 1

I'm keeping the build pretty mild while we live in Hawaii. Too expensive to get parts shipped here. There are trails here, but I haven't been able to check them out yet. Gears/lockers and a proper lift sometime down the line.
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know how many people are here from FSB that may remember me. Here was my '93 Eddie Bauer that got it's own version of SAS with a Solid Axle Swap.

I had to sell it when I moved to Italy and could only take one vehicle with me. Unfortunately it had to be a family vehicle and the Brown Bomber found a new home. I miss that rig every time I see a 80-96 FSB. Life moves on and here I am with a 2022 OBX now.

A few weeks later and I've already had every removable body part including bumpers off of it. 35" KO2s on Falcon T1 wheels. Zone 2" lift/level going on this weekend. It rubs a little in reverse even with the crash bars off.

I'm keeping the build pretty mild while we live in Hawaii. Too expensive to get parts shipped here. There are trails here, but I haven't been able to check them out yet. Gears/lockers and a proper lift sometime down the line.
Looks good! I don't mean to put salt in the wound but I like your other vehicle than your current ride. That's a awesome rig!

OP
OP
Doba

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trust me, I love that truck more than any rig I’ll ever build. I’m older now and the creature comforts of the 6th Gen kinda nice.

OP
OP
Doba

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the molle system for the rear tailgate from Ford Accessories. Still need to figure out where I want to place all the pouches and best use for them, but install took 10 minutes and it is a quality piece of gear.

Pro tip-when taking off the ‘accessory ready’ panel off the tailgate, undo the bottom clips first. Broke off all the top clips before realizing it.
Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot A3D6104B-344B-4698-BC80-85432F96600D

OP
OP
Doba

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I replaced all the 4” speakers a few weeks ago. I cheesed the wiring and plugged the open wires into the factory connectors on initial install. I bought the Metra 72-5600 connectors from Best Buy for a cleaner install and put them on tonight. It’s not a perfect fit, but the speakers work just fine and I didn’t have to use electrical tape or break out the soldering iron.

Factory harness has 3 holes. Metra 72-5600 has 2 prongs. Plugs in fine with a little force.
Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot 493D0384-10B7-4364-B6C2-F29C3E785D0F

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doba

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did some Forscan today too. Standard stuff and disabled double honk, DRL with low beams/fogs, changed tire size and did the stereo booster.

Stereo sounds significantly better with new speakers and the Forscan upgrade.

Changing tire size scared me for a second and it was throwing codes for the 4x4 and service lights. Relearn the AWD and it was good to go.

Might add GOAT modes later once I do lockers. No real need for rock crawl without them.

narleycarley

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 02 WRX STI, '21 Bronco BadSquatch, 99 R1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did some Forscan today too. Standard stuff and disabled double honk, DRL with low beams/fogs, changed tire size and did the stereo booster.

Stereo sounds significantly better with new speakers and the Forscan upgrade.

Changing tire size scared me for a second and it was throwing codes for the 4x4 and service lights. Relearn the AWD and it was good to go.

Might add GOAT modes later once I do lockers. No real need for rock crawl without them.
where did you find the appropriate codes to use, I havn't found a good go to post with all of the codes to input yet.

OP
OP
Doba

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
where did you find the appropriate codes to use, I havn't found a good go to post with all of the codes to input yet.
I made all my edits in the BCM Configuration. Most of them are simple enable/disable type settings in that module. The stereo one was in a different module, but I followed Budget Bronco's video on YouTube.

Should be timestamped at the Forscan portion.

That's the master Forscan spreadsheet with all the codes if that is what you were looking for.

OP
OP
Doba

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll get it out for some better pictures this week, but I put on the 2” Zone Offroad lift/level. Love the new stance and no more tire rub when I’m reverse.
Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot 2FE0C728-B3C8-4182-B158-9DE8125F02A4

Day one for reference.
Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot 6F49F294-55AC-4867-97D6-6843E79FABC1

OP
OP
Doba

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Amazon ‘Wildtrak’ gloss black grill swapped on to my OBX. Painted the letters to match my other badging. Letters came with the grill.
Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot 1D81E731-F2FE-41AD-AA0D-DA9A3D2DCB61

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doba

Doba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Aesthetically finished with the overall look of my rig. Time to start planning all the functional mods. Not much wheeling I want to do in Hawaii with this rig, so I have plenty of time to plan. It will be about 3 years before I leave here.

Thinking 4” lift, 37s, 5.13 gears, ARB lockers and on board air. Simple lighting upgrades and some big round PIAAs, no light bars. Sliders, bumpers and a winch.

81937FA5-4E96-4F06-9F2A-55E1325CF188.jpeg

KCBroncoJH

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Aesthetically finished with the overall look of my rig. Time to start planning all the functional mods. Not much wheeling I want to do in Hawaii with this rig, so I have plenty of time to plan. It will be about 3 years before I leave here.

Thinking 4” lift, 37s, 5.13 gears, ARB lockers and on board air. Simple lighting upgrades and some big round PIAAs, no light bars. Sliders, bumpers and a winch.

Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot 81937FA5-4E96-4F06-9F2A-55E1325CF188
Looks awesome!

richtor1seven

Wildtrak
First Name
JEREMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Wildtrak 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Doba's Build and Whatnot 81937FA5-4E96-4F06-9F2A-55E1325CF188
The stance looks perfect. What are your wheel dimensions and offset?
Sponsored