Sponsored

Does $100 reservation go towards the cost of the car?

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Obviously not a huge deal either way, but want to make sure everything is correct when I write that check to the dealership.
Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Obviously not a huge deal either way, but want to make sure everything is correct when I write that check to the dealership.
Yes, it is supposed to. Get your dealer to give you a complete run-down of all costs (since you may need it for financing), and ensure that the $100 credit is there.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I purchased an abandoned order BB from the dealership that my 2dr reservation is with. They agreed to transfer my 2dr $1,000 deposit towards the BB as long as I agreed to finance thru them…..which cost me 1/2 a point (%2.74 vs %2.24 got 72 months) but I’ll get that back to %2.24 when I refinance thru my Credit Union later this week. I then asked about the $100
and they said that was a Ford charge, not the dealership. I made a decision not to make a big deal out of it, even though I knew better since I’ll have to renegotiate with them next year when I flip the BB for my 2dr BL. Additionally, I paid a $5k ADM on the 4dr BB, which I plan on recouping during the trade in with the dealership, or someone else.

It’s a tough market buying a Bronco. You’re at the behest of your dealer, and some are more focused on the long term customer than others.

They hold all the cards. You can walk away, but they would love nothing more than to sell your Bronco to someone willing to pay $10-20k over MSRP if you walk. If you’re set on buying a Bronco, you’re pretty much at their mercy, and you have to choose which hill to die on or walk away.

The good thing is I’m becoming fond of the 4dr Cactus Gray BB (after tires, rocker panel trail armor, cargo and floor mats, trailer hitch install, hitch installed cargo basket,) and if the dealership doesn’t want to play nice….I can tell them to shove it and drive off in my consolation Bronco.

Good luck out there….

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I purchased an abandoned order BB from the dealership that my 2dr reservation is with. They agreed to transfer my 2dr $1,000 deposit towards the BB as long as I agreed to finance thru them…..which cost me 1/2 a point (%2.74 vs %2.24 got 72 months) but I’ll get that back to %2.24 when I refinance thru my Credit Union later this week. I then asked about the $100
and they said that was a Ford charge, not the dealership. I made a decision not to make a big deal out of it, even though I knew better since I’ll have to renegotiate with them next year when I flip the BB for my 2dr BL. Additionally, I paid a $5k ADM on the 4dr BB, which I plan on recouping during the trade in with the dealership, or someone else.

It’s a tough market buying a Bronco. You’re at the behest of your dealer, and some are more focused on the long term customer than others.

They hold all the cards. You can walk away, but they would love nothing more than to sell your Bronco to someone willing to pay $10-20k over MSRP if you walk. If you’re set on buying a Bronco, you’re pretty much at their mercy, and you have to choose which hill to die on or walk away.

The good thing is I’m becoming fond of the 4dr Cactus Gray BB (after tires, rocker panel trail armor, cargo and floor mats, trailer hitch install, hitch installed cargo basket,) and if the dealership doesn’t want to play nice….I can tell them to shove it and drive off in my consolation Bronco.

Good luck out there….
The 100.00 went to the dealer, not Ford. They have your 100.00... I know you fought the battle the way you thought was best for you. And that's ok, but if they said that was a "FORD" thing... they lied... what else did they lie about?????

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good luck out there….
So bottom line you got ripped off by the dealer for 5,100.00 dollars and your going to go back to that dealership and hope it doesn’t happen again. Good luck with that. 🙈 .

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So bottom line you got ripped off by the dealer for 5,100.00 dollars and your going to go back to that dealership and hope it doesn’t happen again. Good luck with that. 🙈 .
That’s not the way I look at it. I will address the $5k when I trade it back in to them. If the $5k ADM was good for me it’ll be good for them or I’ll sell it to someone else to get it back. They were offered $10k over MSRP while I was closing my deal, and I know I could sell it for more than what I paid. And I have a signed purchase order agreement on my BL

Changing dealers after you’ve reserved is not an easy thing to do, and you’re reliant upon them to do the transfer…….correctly.

I needed a 2nd vehicle after trading my MKZ in earlier in the year, and paying $5k over MSRP when I know I can get it back is better than paying $43k for a 2018 4Runner with 40k miles. I also got free Luxcare and free cargo and Floor mats, and 1/2 off an extended warranty that’s transferable to the new build……all totaled about $2,300 in extras.

So, no I wasn’t ripped off. I might bite the bullet on the $100 if I can’t get proof that the dealer is on the hook for it. But if I do, I’m not concerned….I’ll just let them know that’s the last vehicle I’ll buy from them., so hope it’s worth it.

Anyway, play the long game, realize they hold the cards and want you to walk, and if your ego is too fragile to absorb a $100 reservation fee…….then good luck, and enjoy your ride home in the car that brought you……….but I’m willing to listen. I have a Bronco they’d like to resale, that they know others would like to purchase.

what leverage do you have my friend?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good luck out there….
Your $100 reservation deposit should have been tied to your 2 dr reservation only. As I understand you could have transferred dealers or still had the $100 to your credit by converting the 2 dr to an order, even if a 4 dr. But you did not convert your reservation, you abandoned it instead. And to boot you plunked down $1000 ??? For what? I was prepared to pay a nominal deposit when I converted my reservation to an order but get this......there are honest dealers out there that do not demand any cash up front with an order for a vehicle they know they can sell if you pass. Small town America and the handshake deal (enforceable in Pennsylvania) still lives.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s not the way I look at it.

what leverage do you have my friend?
The word NO, thank you very much for the offer to ram the deal up my wazoo mr dealer but despite my desire to have a first year unique vehicle that there will be so few of I can live with something else at 15% OFF of MSRP or lease AT MSRP for 2-3 years. So you can get rich off the next sucker, er customer that walks in and ruin the market for everyone. Me? I will be taking my savings to the bank in my Landcruiser-Pathfinder-Acadia-etc. OR you can offer me an underpowered (2.3 only) Explorer Timberline at x-plan and we depart as friends

Sponsored

rrosica41

Black Diamond
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got the $100 reservation deposit back when I left the $1000 deposit once I placed the order. I also just paid a $1000 deposit on my wife's Mini that's on order so don't think the $1000 deposit is out of the ordinary. Only difference is her Mini was ordered 3 weeks ago and goes into production next week. My 4DR Black Diamond was ordered in January and I'll be happy to see it in March..

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your $100 reservation deposit should have been tied to your 2 dr reservation only. As I understand you could have transferred dealers or still had the $100 to your credit by converting the 2 dr to an order, even if a 4 dr. But you did not convert your reservation, you abandoned it instead. And to boot you plunked down $1000 ??? For what? I was prepared to pay a nominal deposit when I converted my reservation to an order but get this......there are honest dealers out there that do not demand any cash up front with an order for a vehicle they know they can sell if you pass. Small town America and the handshake deal (enforceable in Pennsylvania) still lives.
No, I didn’t abandon my order. I still have my day 1, first 10 minute reservation and I’ll force the dealership to refund my $100 when I trade the 4dr BB in on my reserved 2dr BL, or I don’t do business with them again. I’m good either way. The $1000 down payment when I ordered went to the down payment on the abandoned 4dr BB that I bought.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The word NO, thank you very much for the offer to ram the deal up my wazoo mr dealer but despite my desire to have a first year unique vehicle that there will be so few of I can live with something else at 15% OFF of MSRP or lease AT MSRP for 2-3 years. So you can get rich off the next sucker, er customer that walks in and ruin the market for everyone. Me? I will be taking my savings to the bank in my Landcruiser-Pathfinder-Acadia-etc. OR you can offer me an underpowered (2.3 only) Explorer Timberline at x-plan and we depart as friends
I hate to break this to you, but that’s not leverage. They could care less and would prefer that you walk so they don’t have to honor a signed agreement. The $5k ADM was on an abandoned order that I chose to pay, knowing I would get it back from them or someone else in a few months.

But yeah, like I said I won’t be interested in playing any games when my reserved bronco arrives. I’ll walk and they can sell it to someone else.
Sponsored