Sponsored

Does anybody else think people are setting themselves up to be disappointed no matter what?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The more negativity I read, the more curious I've gotten about what exactly Ford could release that would make these people happy. It seems like even if Ford created a solid axle, V8, high towing capacity, no technology Bronco that started at $20k people would just bitch about how it doesn't start at $18k or that it should come with one-ton axles as an option. If you look at all the things said and that Ford has released with the most absolutely cynical view, sure I can see how you might be disappointed. But if, and this is a big IF, you give Ford even just the slightest benefit of a doubt, or trust those among us who have been kind enough to allow some information to slip through, I feel like you might realize that what Ford is delivering is going to be an amazing product. We've known for a while that the Bronco will not just be a direct copy of a wrangler, so if that's what you're hoping for then sorry. But why all the negativity and complaining. Doesn't it get tiring after a while to just be cynical about everything? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty cynical myself. But everything we've been told is that the Bronco is worth the wait and will not dissapoint.
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am completely positive and will be satisfied with whatever they do. All indications are that it will look the part, and they look serious about the mechanicals. I am convinced I will find a color I like. All I really wanted was the styling cues of the EB and decent mechanicals. Having the aesthetics of the EB in a modern chassis. Having owned many iconic 4x4s, I don't have time for projects, I like the vehicle dynamic and noise reduction enhancements that have come with the years.

I have owned
1940s CJ2s and CJ3s
1964 IH Travelall
1966, 1976, 1977 Broncos
1997 F350 Crew Cab 7.3
1999 TJ that ended up on 35s, Atlas, front axle was a Currie Hi-Pinion 9
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3
2005 GMC 5500 4x4
I have 5 F350s from 2013-2019 in my work fleet

I guess I am not super picky.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I definitely joke about wanting a coyote, a SFA, and a 40k rebate, but I have pretty realistic expectations. Now the good news is that people are smart and whatever is not on the bronco from the factory will be offered aftermarket by me or somebody else. It's still going to be an epic vehicle and I am extremely excited to see it!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think I would be disappointed because I see it. like you, as being touted being off road capable and will not disappoint. When I get mine I will find out just how much it is and let the chips fall where they may. To be honest, what I see so far, with it having 35's and the IFS on it stock, things are looking good so far. But I don't have my hands on it yet. HAHA.

edit: don't get me wrong though, if I can get a SFA I most definitely will !!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm just getting more excited the more others are getting disappointed it seems... Wranglers hold no interest to me, all I've wanted all along is basically a 2 door, swb SUV Raptor and it seems like that's what we're getting. I'm very glad they don't seem to be just be building a wrangler with a blue oval badge on it as some seem to want. A few years ago I never would have expected anyone to come out with a new 2 door SUV that had the sort of capability I want, and now here we are.

I'm also not expecting it to be cheap, I'm perfectly willing to spend up to the price of a new Raptor to get the best performance version (that isn't a hybrid).

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there's a trim level that looks half as good as the R, and it's at least as capable as say...a 4Runner Pro...I'm in.

I have faith that Ford will nail the interior enough for me (I have a YJ and a Tundra, I ain't that picky lol), and the powerplant. I also have faith that Ford will make it capable enough for my use case.

At this point, for me, it's down to looks, color, and trim availability out of the gate, and price. I was going to buy in April. But I'll wait on the Bronco pending the above.

Crossing mah bawls that there's a trim with the style and panache of the F-150 Raptor.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I definitely joke about the SFA thing, especially now that it gets chairs thrown at me.
My thing is, I'm hoping for a no compromise offroad beast. To me, ifs is a total compromise away from rugged and towards comfort. It tells me Ford is afraid the (relatively) rough ride would turn people away, even though the Wrangler outsells the 4runner by double.
But yeah, I'm actually not too picky and it's not a deal breaker. My dad owned a few broncos growing up and I have always loved em. If it's as capable as a 4runner or better, I'll be super excited. And if the rumors of a manual are true, I'm sold. I'll be there day one.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems that the people that are pessimistic about an upcoming product seem to be happier overall with what gets released than the people who are giddy about every tidbit that gets released.
Thatā€™s why I appreciate people like Stampede, Iā€™m pretty ignorant of the whole off-road scene, so itā€™s good to have someone like him to temper expectations.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has it occurred to you that you're the leader of bronco6g's first hate group? Hardly the inspiring leader of the acceptance and inclusivity bandwagon.

You created a new profane epithet that anyone can hurl at another poster to instantly degrade and derride them and dismiss anything they might have to say ... a very negative community vibe. You don't have to be there yourself to do it, any member of your clique can employ it and expect a cadre of chuckles to back them up ... intimidation and suppression of opposing views is hardly positivity. Congratulations.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m nervous about the roof. It canā€™t be a glorified panoramic, panel-removing gimmick, but it also must be one person removing-capable that can be stored in vehicle.

Jeep filed patent for something like this for the JL, but never pulled the trigger. DEALBREAKER.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has it occurred to you that you're the leader of bronco6g's first hate group? Hardly the inspiring leader of the acceptance and inclusivity bandwagon.

You created a new profane epithet that anyone can hurl at another poster to instantly degrade and derride them and dismiss anything they might have to say ... a very negative community vibe. You don't have to be there yourself to do it, any member of your clique can employ it and expect a cadre of chuckles to back them up ... intimidation and suppression of opposing views is hardly positivity. Congratulations.
Stampede, do we really need to link all the posts/threads and even forums of you being negative towards anything Ford has done with this? JL, BlueOval, Bronco6G... I get your stance on ā€œIā€™m keeping it real and I know what SFA does that IFS doesnā€™tā€ we all know it and we all appreciate your input. However, there comes a point where once the point has been made that you can stop. You continue to state the same stuff and argue with new members over and over again. Itā€™s tiresome and frustrating. Honestly, I hope this vehicle just comes out already so we can all just move on. Either youā€™re with it or against it.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€œDoes anybody else think people are setting themselves up to be disappointed no matter what?ā€

Yes.
Sponsored