Sponsored

Does anybody else think people are setting themselves up to be disappointed no matter what?

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Closed @ 6.96 Friday. back up the truck. Don't tell Cramer.

I'm not going to be disappointed, I'm going to buy a new one, in the color I want and option it the way I want it.

say $7, just cuz the math is easier.....to get the X plan, from what I've read is buy 100 shares of Ford and hold for six months. That's $700 , how much does the X plan save you? win or loss/....then hold or sell the Ford shares..
Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cynical? cynical? about what? Ford not bringing this to market? nope! they are doing exactly that. Or maybe, they ignored the lineage and heritage of a great American vehicle in the design process? Nope. Maybe they produced a truly mediocre interpretation of a venerable suv? nope. They did this project justice which anyone can plainly see. Get a grip. If anyone has the money and does not really care about the versatility of the Bronco, go buy a MB ice cream truck-you know-the same one that debuted in 1965 and subsequently crushed the Baja 1000-NOT! Or buy a LR Defender wanna be for god knows what reason! But not longevity, long term quality and off road cred. Remember Ford created the pony car and Ford eventually elevated it to the Boss 429, and yeah, Ford beat Ferrari! If any "cynics" out there want to relinquish their First Edition reservation to me, let me know. I will help you with your dilemma!
Not sure if you noticed but you drug up a thread from February.......

I am interested. Well. Not really, I could give two shits. But has any of the cynicism disappeared after seeing what ford’s final product is? Stock out there running up the rubicon, up and down the renowned Moab trails. Yeah you can’t please them all but what they’re putting out is pretty impressive and a great starting platform unless you’re just a pessimist and can’t be pleased by anything. ??‍♂

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The more negativity I read, the more curious I've gotten about what exactly Ford could release that would make these people happy. It seems like even if Ford created a solid axle, V8, high towing capacity, no technology Bronco that started at $20k people would just bitch about how it doesn't start at $18k or that it should come with one-ton axles as an option. If you look at all the things said and that Ford has released with the most absolutely cynical view, sure I can see how you might be disappointed. But if, and this is a big IF, you give Ford even just the slightest benefit of a doubt, or trust those among us who have been kind enough to allow some information to slip through, I feel like you might realize that what Ford is delivering is going to be an amazing product. We've known for a while that the Bronco will not just be a direct copy of a wrangler, so if that's what you're hoping for then sorry. But why all the negativity and complaining. Doesn't it get tiring after a while to just be cynical about everything? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty cynical myself. But everything we've been told is that the Bronco is worth the wait and will not dissapoint.
I find myself wondering what the argument of the day is going to be? It seems like just about every element of the Bronco is getting singled out and over annelized. The sad part is a lot of what's being argued is based on speculation and not fact. Lately, the discussions are turning into personal attacks, especially the one's related to dealer pricing. Some are so hung up on one dealer, they seem to think no other could possibly do better. I'm not so easily sold and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cynical? cynical? about what? Ford not bringing this to market? nope! they are doing exactly that. Or maybe, they ignored the lineage and heritage of a great American vehicle in the design process? Nope. Maybe they produced a truly mediocre interpretation of a venerable suv? nope. They did this project justice which anyone can plainly see. Get a grip. If anyone has the money and does not really care about the versatility of the Bronco, go buy a MB ice cream truck-you know-the same one that debuted in 1965 and subsequently crushed the Baja 1000-NOT! Or buy a LR Defender wanna be for god knows what reason! But not longevity, long term quality and off road cred. Remember Ford created the pony car and Ford eventually elevated it to the Boss 429, and yeah, Ford beat Ferrari! If any "cynics" out there want to relinquish their First Edition reservation to me, let me know. I will help you with your dilemma!
How did you manage to find this, and not realize it’s not relevant?

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought that was a George Costanza thing?:p

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more negativity I read, the more curious I've gotten about what exactly Ford could release that would make these people happy. It seems like even if Ford created a solid axle, V8, high towing capacity, no technology Bronco that started at $20k people would just bitch about how it doesn't start at $18k or that it should come with one-ton axles as an option. If you look at all the things said and that Ford has released with the most absolutely cynical view, sure I can see how you might be disappointed. But if, and this is a big IF, you give Ford even just the slightest benefit of a doubt, or trust those among us who have been kind enough to allow some information to slip through, I feel like you might realize that what Ford is delivering is going to be an amazing product. We've known for a while that the Bronco will not just be a direct copy of a wrangler, so if that's what you're hoping for then sorry. But why all the negativity and complaining. Doesn't it get tiring after a while to just be cynical about everything? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty cynical myself. But everything we've been told is that the Bronco is worth the wait and will not dissapoint.
I agree completely. Perhaps it's just a function of the long wait, the pandemic making us all bored, and the phased roll-out of information and ordering activities, but I've seen the same negativity and it seems ridiculous to me.

Especially from the hardcore off-road crowd. All the griping about Ford "forgetting" this or that feature that would add some small advantage in extreme off-roading conditions that 99.9% of potential buyers will never find themselves in is beyond stupid. The same people griping are going to customize their rigs anyway, so what's the issue?
Sponsored