Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No

Noticed that... At the same time as I activated, I got a discount email for $20/month unlimited. Valid only for 1 day 🤷
I activated today as well and got the email for one day only...

Load of crap, went through the app and it is normally 25 per month or 200 per year, if you pay for the year in advance, which is 16.77 a month. Dont think that is too bad,,,,

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We were camping in OK and couldn't get cell service so my GF could work. I turned on the wifi in the truck and she connected to that. The only problem was the truck would shut off every 15 or 20 min and I would have to put it back in Accessory mode.
so why were you going camping? isn't the whole point of camping to get away from the rest of the world? camping and fishing are supposed to be escapes... they don't start until you are out of cell coverage...

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so why were you going camping? isn't the whole point of camping to get away from the rest of the world? camping and fishing are supposed to be escapes... they don't start until you are out of cell coverage...
GF still has to work for a living... but she works remotely. So we sneak off on our camping trips a day or two early and she can sit by the river and enjoy the scenery while she works. Then after that we can get away from the phone and people....

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not. Other guy wanted to know how, so I showed them.
Right, so Telematics records data for our work trucks (such as speed etc.....). This infers that a privately owned Bronco does as well. I think that is why he was curious; as well as me...

On another note, I am thinking of adding the data plan for wifi to the Bronco to gain cloud service for a new dash cam; allowing it to double as a security feature with real time updates/monitoring (I talked more about it here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/can-bronco-wifi-hot-spot-work-while-vehicle-is-off.23749/ ). Anyway, my question is can we have this hotspot active while vehicle is off (essentially in park). Obviously there would need to be some kind of voltage protection to turn that function off if your battery gets to low, just like the aftermarket solutions.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, so Telematics records data for our work trucks (such as speed etc.....). This infers that a privately owned Bronco does as well. I think that is why he was curious; as well as me...

On another note, I am thinking of adding the data plan for wifi to the Bronco to gain cloud service for a new dash cam; allowing it to double as a security feature with real time updates/monitoring (I talked more about it here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/can-bronco-wifi-hot-spot-work-while-vehicle-is-off.23749/ ). Anyway, my question is can we have this hotspot active while vehicle is off (essentially in park). Obviously there would need to be some kind of voltage protection to turn that function off if your battery gets to low, just like the aftermarket solutions.
Don't some dash cams come with WiFi? Connect to your home network. 🤷🏻

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one has brought this up but my F150 had it when I bought it. I didn't use it or so I thought but once my 3 months was up I could no longer remote start the truck with the ford pass app. This was a really cool feature you can set the truck up to crank and get the inside to temp before you get in it. To the extreme that if you go to work 5 days a week you can have it do it those 5 days and if you don't go to work no big deal it will shut off after a desired time. I only used it a few times a month so I'm to cheap to pay the $14 to have it do it now that it free membership is up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My man. I also excited to try it PlexAmp on the B&O system.
Works fine in my Escape, if a little slow. Better yet, my Escape (and probably all Ford's) will recognize a USB HDD. So, I have 2TB mini hard drive full of music in the car. Way more than enough!

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Works fine in my Escape, if a little slow. Better yet, my Escape (and probably all Ford's) will recognize a USB HDD. So, I have 2TB mini hard drive full of music in the car. Way more than enough!
Can't wait to see how Sync4s UI is when playing USB media.

If it sucks... Well, PlexAmp it is.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't some dash cams come with WiFi? Connect to your home network. 🤷🏻
Yes but check out my link from my earlier post for more details.....

Basically I can get that capability for an extra $150 using Blackvue's wifi module but it will cost an extra $150!! But at least it works even while vehicle is off, not so sure about Ford's hot spot solution so I wish someone knew and maybe it could save me some $$.

BTW, you mentioned home network for some reason..... this device is needed in order to monitor your vehicle AWAY from your home.... Home network doesn't work too well while parking at the mall.... :D

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes but check out my link from my earlier post for more details.....

Basically I can get that capability for an extra $150 using Blackvue's wifi module but it will cost an extra $150!! But at least it works even while vehicle is off, not so sure about Ford's hot spot solution so I wish someone knew and maybe it could save me some $$.

BTW, you mentioned home network for some reason..... this device is needed in order to monitor your vehicle AWAY from your home.... Home network doesn't work too well while parking at the mall.... :D
Knew what? It doesn't work when the vehicle is off...

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs