Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok, thanks for someone finally answering. That's too bad. Guess I will be spending an extra 150 on the blackvue solution...

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/blackvue/products/blackvue-cm100-lte-module
Years ago, I built a setup with a liquid cooled PC in the trunk... Main emphasis of the build was audio. 2 Xonar soundcards, 8 channels of active crossover output (software), a pair of 4 channel l, Tru Technology amps... WiFi, BT, GPS, TPMS, etc...
I could power it on remotely with my Viper keyfob, have it connect to my WiFi and I could upload music to it, create play lists and then turn it off again, all from my desktop PC.
Cars have come a long way but they are still totally in the stone ages. 🤷🏻
Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Years ago, I built a setup with a liquid cooled PC in the trunk... Main emphasis of the build was audio. 2 Xonar soundcards, 8 channels of active crossover output (software), a pair of 4 channel l, Tru Technology amps... WiFi, BT, GPS, TPMS, etc...
I could power it on remotely with my Viper keyfob, have it connect to my WiFi and I could upload music to it, create play lists and then turn it off again, all from my desktop PC.
Cars have come a long way but they are still totally in the stone ages. 🤷🏻
Oh man, I also had a PC and a PS2 in my first car. Custom molded 14" (4:3) LCD in the center dash and guitar hero guitar.

The chicks loved it. But definitely got a few tickets from it.

Ford Bronco Does anyone ACTUAL buy a data plan for their trucks WiFi? **8/23 Update** giphy (6) (21)

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man, I also had a PC and a PS2 in my first car. Custom molded 14" (4:3) LCD in the center dash and guitar hero guitar.

giphy (6) (21).gif
Nice! This was my '02 SVT Focus...
8" touchscreen, USB volume/mute knob, VU meters replaced the HVAC controls. Custom push button start....
You can't really see it, but the trunk had a CNC milled plexi top. The slots and cutouts were edge illuminated in blue LED

Ford Bronco Does anyone ACTUAL buy a data plan for their trucks WiFi? **8/23 Update** FB_IMG_1631989806151

Ford Bronco Does anyone ACTUAL buy a data plan for their trucks WiFi? **8/23 Update** FB_IMG_1631989816968

Ford Bronco Does anyone ACTUAL buy a data plan for their trucks WiFi? **8/23 Update** FB_IMG_1631989828373

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! This was my '02 SVT Focus...
8" touchscreen, USB volume/mute knob, VU meters replaced the HVAC controls. Custom push button start....
You can't really see it, but the trunk had a CNC milled plexi top. The slots and cutouts were edge illuminated in blue LED

Ford Bronco Does anyone ACTUAL buy a data plan for their trucks WiFi? **8/23 Update** FB_IMG_1631989828373

That's a thing of beauty!

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought I would use the wifi to work while on road trips, but I’ve barely used it despite being in the road a lot. I just use the hotspot on my phone because it’s easier to connect.

Also, if America is such a bad place, then wtf do people keep coming here lol

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got one for my ST edge

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Cool! I installed a rad 8-track player under the dash of my first car ('68 Olds Cutlass), and wired into my AM/FM radio! 😎

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool! I installed a rad 8-track player under the dash of my first car ('68 Olds Cutlass), and wired into my AM/FM radio! 😎
Ford Bronco Does anyone ACTUAL buy a data plan for their trucks WiFi? **8/23 Update** 1632862173581

HOOTERVILLE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150, 15 MALIBU, 07 STREETGLIDE, 22 Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had the unlimited data plan for two years in my 19 F150. It works well and I liked having it but I detest things that auto-renew on your credit card. I'd rather pay a year at a time. I let my data plan expire just a few days ago because there was no way to opt out of auto renew.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But is there ever a time when there isn't someone in the car with a cell phone that can serve as the wifi hotspot? Since your phones can do everything the car can I still don[t see the need for an "extra" data plan. It used to be that phone plans supporting wifi tethering cost extra, but I though all those gradually faded away and it's included in most plans now.
Why sacrifice your phone connection for the kids? Plus the hotspot sucks at keeping up. Wifi hot spot works great for in car options like Spotify, podcasts etc. Especially when out of service area for your cell (not using att for our phones.)
Sponsored