Sponsored

Does anyone have payload and towing capacities for the different trim levels of the new bronco?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There has been lots of chatter that the offroad suspension is crap for towing and the towing suspension is crap for offroad ......Which explains Jeeps low tow rating also.....Want Offroad, get a Bronco....... need to tow, get the Ranger....7500lbs as i recall.
Want both...buy a Gladiator.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Want both...buy a Gladiator.
I want to drive it, not store it at the dealers "awaiting maintenance " lot.
Lord knows you can get them cheap as fuck right now though. .... nobody wants them.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that the ratings are the same for all trims and vehicles as of now. There is also a tow package available without any details on specific changes to capacity. My guess, no class III hitch or bumper is specified yet, so the put the single rating out for all trims and powertrains. I would expect a slightly lower rating than the Ranger, based on suspension and wheelbase, but adding a class III hitch and tow package should get you in the 5-6k lb range. I have worked in and around the insurance industry for 25 years and never saw a claim questioned for exceeding capacity. Every contract is different, so itā€™s certainly possible!? You may be in a bad situation from a liability perspective (for example, a jury would probably take exceeding capacity into consideration related to your responsibility if someone was hurt and it was tied to towing and exceeding the limit of the vehicle).

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There has been lots of chatter that the offroad suspension is crap for towing and the towing suspension is crap for offroad ......Which explains Jeeps low tow rating also.....Want Offroad, get a Bronco....... need to tow, get the Ranger....7500lbs as i recall.
Wheelbase has probably more to do with it than suspension up to a certain point... Raptor is still somewhat respectable, though still lower than the equivalent crew cab 3.5EB F150. But the F150 does have a big wheelbase advantage on the bronco... Again, what's good for towing (longer wheelbase) is bad for offroading and viceversa... Basically a combination of the 2.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wheelbase has probably more to do with it than suspension up to a certain point... Raptor is still somewhat respectable, though still lower than the equivalent crew cab 3.5EB F150. But the F150 does have a big wheelbase advantage on the bronco... Again, what's good for towing (longer wheelbase) is bad for offroading and viceversa... Basically a combination of the 2.

Good point, either way, 2 door or 4, Ford has affirmed the tow rating will be set at 3500 lbs. for all models.
The tow package will give you a 2" receiver hitch and wiring.

Sponsored

PretzelDay

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger/ 1970 Mercury Montego MX 351C
Your Bronco Model
Base
stupid low tow rating.... guess I'll be getting the new F-150 "EcoPower" or whatever its called
Me too! I was hoping for 5000lb. I gues i may have to buy the Gladiator after all...

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem with the Raptor F-150 is itā€™s cargo load capacity, which is about 1100 lbs. Add a trailer with a tongue weight of 500 lbs, a 100 lb WDH, and the truck is rated to carry only 500 lbs, which includes passengers. As for the Bronco, the same issue occurs. It has a 1170 lb cargo capacity, a 3500 lb trailer (using max tow rating), has a tongue weight of 400-450 lbs plus 100 lbs for WDH, leaving 600+ lbs for passengers and cargo. Use a 5,000 lb trailer and you now have a tongue weight of 600-750 lbs plus another 100 lbs for WDH And the Bronco can only carry 300-400 lbs inside

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The problem with the Raptor F-150 is itā€™s cargo load capacity, which is about 1100 lbs. Add a trailer with a tongue weight of 500 lbs, a 100 lb WDH, and the truck is rated to carry only 500 lbs, which includes passengers. As for the Bronco, the same issue occurs. It has a 1170 lb cargo capacity, a 3500 lb trailer (using max tow rating), has a tongue weight of 400-450 lbs plus 100 lbs for WDH, leaving 600+ lbs for passengers and cargo. Use a 5,000 lb trailer and you now have a tongue weight of 600-750 lbs plus another 100 lbs for WDH And the Bronco can only carry 300-400 lbs inside
Dumb question ...what does wdh stand for?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So the FJ is rated for 4700lbs, and has a 105ā€ wheelbase.

It is a combination of lawyers and suspension Iā€˜d guess. (Hate how conservative US ratings are compared to Europe and Australia for the same vehicle.)

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if the rumors are true and a class III hitch won't improve the ratings, and we assume the suspension is major part of the derating, aren't there airbag systems which would could stay soft for wheeling, but then be firmed up for towing when needed?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe we have to wait for the big bronco, based off the F150 frame, for big towing.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sure hope the 2.7 bumps towing capacity up to something like 5,000 lbs (or more)
The Ranger with the 2.3 and the trailer tow package is rated for 7,700. I was hoping for 5,000 no matter what. Would be nice to be able to tow a reasonable-sized boat.
Sponsored