Sponsored

Does anyone have payload and towing capacities for the different trim levels of the new bronco?

jotill00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
These numbers are very important to me. I am surprised Ford did not make them available at launch.
Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m surprised by the 3,500 MAX tow rating. I was expecting more.

3,500 lb would work for me, but not less. I’m also curious what trims/ options carry that rating.

OP
OP

jotill00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m surprised by the 3,500 MAX tow rating. I was expecting more.

3,500 lb would work for me, but not less. I’m also curious what trims/ options carry that rating.
3500 disappoints me. I was hoping they would offer at least 4000lbs to up the ante on the Jeep's 3500lb capacity Do you have a source for this number? I would also like to see which models carry this capacity.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
3500 disappoints me. I was hoping they would offer at least 4000lbs to up the ante on the Jeep's 3500lb capacity Do you have a source for this number? I would also like to see which models carry this capacity.
“Dimensions and Capacities” sheet released by Ford lists the max. Does not detail by trim though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jotill00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stupid low tow rating.... guess I'll be getting the new F-150 "EcoPower" or whatever its called
There is an asterisk at the bottom of the form that says all specs are available for change. Maybe they'll improve the towing before they ship. I certainly hope they do. I would also like to see the 2.7l v6 paired with the 7 speed manual. Ford, please make that happen!

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is an asterisk at the bottom of the form that says all specs are available for change. Maybe they'll improve the towing before they ship. I certainly hope they do. I would also like to see the 2.7l v6 paired with the 7 speed manual. Ford, please make that happen!
I sure hope so!!!!!!

Sponsored

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sure hope the 2.7 bumps towing capacity up to something like 5,000 lbs (or more)
Engine power is one of the least important factors for tow rating. They could put a F350 powerstroke in there and it wouldn't up the tow rating. Suspension, brakes, gearing, wheelbase, overall mass of the vehicle, etc, will restrict the tow rating before a lack of power does.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Engine power is one of the least important factors for tow rating. They could put a F350 powerstroke in there and it wouldn't up the tow rating. Suspension, brakes, gearing, wheelbase, overall mass of the vehicle, etc, will restrict the tow rating before a lack of power does.
LoL, the weight of the big PowerStroke would decrease the tow rating. Plus, they would not have enough frontal area for a radiator big enough to keep it the engine cool, further reducing the tow rating.

Does any of that apply to the 2.7? Maybe.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

really hoping this is based on 2.3 and the 2.7 with tow package changes it, would be nice at 5k.
Sponsored