Sponsored

Does anyone have the Scorpion P000065 HD Tube Rear Bumper?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I did see one or two, but they were fronts.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bumpers-aftermarket-bumper-list.32655/post-1746536

There is another a few pages in front of the one I posted but that is a front as well. Don't know if either one has a rear bumper.

I kinda have one, just not in my possession yet. But it is not Scorpion. Looks the same though.

BRONCO REAR BUMPER BR004T - TrailFX

Probably built by the same Chinese company. Welds look a bit rough but seems solid.

More from the front............

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bumpers-aftermarket-bumper-list.32655/post-1676875

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peitnahtan

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I did see one or two, but they were fronts.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bumpers-aftermarket-bumper-list.32655/post-1746536

There is another a few pages in front of the one I posted but that is a front as well. Don't know if either one has a rear bumper.

I kinda have one, just not in my possession yet. But it is not Scorpion. Looks the same though.

BRONCO REAR BUMPER BR004T - TrailFX

Probably built by the same Chinese company. Welds look a bit rough but seems solid.

More from the front............

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bumpers-aftermarket-bumper-list.32655/post-1676875
You're not kidding about the Welds....it looks like shit! I'll hold off until i get more feedback. Can't go wrong with the price, but you get what you pay for.

Thanks, i appreciate it.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just pulled the trigger on this bumper. With the 10% discount it was $650 out the door including taxes and shipping/handling charge. In addition to all the hardware also includes wiring harnesses to add lights. Once received will report back on quality.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the best match I have seen to the modular bumper. Wish it was made here in the US. Doubt I'd ever get it because of that, but I'm looking forward to feedback and pictures to hopefully change my mind!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just pulled the trigger on this bumper. With the 10% discount it was $650 out the door including taxes and shipping/handling charge. In addition to all the hardware also includes wiring harnesses to add lights. Once received will report back on quality.
Received the bumper yesterday. It's the "Barricade" version of the "Scorpion" bumper...same bumper, different brand name. Pretty much as expected for a product from China...not the greatest quality.

Good:

- Packaging was great
- Powder coat is complete throughout and actually looks pretty good
- The tubing at over 1/8" thickness is pretty substantial
- The frame mounting brackets are 1/4" thick
- The recovery points pass through the outer and are welded to the frame connection points
- Welds aren't super pretty but satisfactory
- Includes plate relocation bracket w/ plate light extension cable and fog light wiring

Bad:

- This is NOT a HD bumper...all of the flat plate (except frame mounting brackets) is THIN...probably 10ga sheet metal. I'd consider it medium duty at best.
- I'm not sure what purpose the pieces surrounding the recovery point serve other than appearance and a place for debris to collect. They are actually removeable (4ea - 1/4" x 20 bolts).
- The Barricade branding

With that being said I really like the overall look. I've decided that I am going to install the bumper but most likely will make a couple of modifications.

OP
OP
Peitnahtan

Peitnahtan

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Received the bumper yesterday. It's the "Barricade" version of the "Scorpion" bumper...same bumper, different brand name. Pretty much as expected for a product from China...not the greatest quality.

Good:

- Packaging was great
- Powder coat is complete throughout and actually looks pretty good
- The tubing at over 1/8" thickness is pretty substantial
- The frame mounting brackets are 1/4" thick
- The recovery points pass through the outer and are welded to the frame connection points
- Welds aren't super pretty but satisfactory
- Includes plate relocation bracket w/ plate light extension cable and fog light wiring

Bad:

- This is NOT a HD bumper...all of the flat plate (except frame mounting brackets) is THIN...probably 10ga sheet metal. I'd consider it medium duty at best.
- I'm not sure what purpose the pieces surrounding the recovery point serve other than appearance and a place for debris to collect. They are actually removeable (4ea - 1/4" x 20 bolts).
- The Barricade branding

With that being said I really like the overall look. I've decided that I am going to install the bumper but most likely will make a couple of modifications.
Thanks for the update!!

Are you keeping it?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update!!

Are you keeping it?
Yes but looking at a couple mods...remove the pieces around the recovery points including the inboard bracket that it attaches to, most likely add some reinforcement to the top deck and figure something out to make the Barricade branding go away.

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes but looking at a couple mods...remove the pieces around the recovery points including the inboard bracket that it attaches to, most likely add some reinforcement to the top deck and figure something out to make the Barricade branding go away.
I was strongly considering getting this bumper with the sale this month, do you have any pics of it without the recovery point covers? Would you say its at least as strong as the factory steel bumper?

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was strongly considering getting this bumper with the sale this month, do you have any pics of it without the recovery point covers? Would you say its at least as strong as the factory steel bumper?
+1 to this! Really thinking this would match the front Modular OEM bumper well.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let us know how the installation goes. I am really close to pulling the trigger on this barricade rear bumper and if install is not a nightmare for you I might go for it. It is also the same design as a scorpion design and with all discounts around $550. for me I think this is the best looking rear bumper I have seen.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-bronco-hd-rear-bumper-fb14617.html

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Checking in to see how this went for obvious reasons lol. I've been watching for a good price with things being tight these days. Toyed with the idea of picking up a set of the Ford front bumper tow points (from the Mod bumper) to see if they would work, as the ones that they include are more than a little clunky as you know.

So far the brands I've seen are RedRock, Barricade, Scorpion, & TrailFX

I found these to complete the look https://www.ebay.com/itm/334716293749

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rough Country is selling this china bumper as well, and there are several people who have posted them installed. May want to search for the rough country installs if you want more feedback.
Sponsored