Sponsored

Does anyone know why Ford is not offering a soft top option for the 2-door Bronco?

Swatman

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't it help with the MIC shortage issue? I think most 2-door reservation holders would gladly take a soft top (we're all going to be getting one later anyhow)--esp if Ford offered the hard top hardware package for free as it's doing for the 4-doors. Sorry if I missed previous discussion of this.
Sponsored

RangerRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also want to know why no one is offering a soft top for the 2 door that folds all the way back like the 4 door ones???

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It seems like they feel confident that they can produce the hard tops for 2 doors. They need to get 4 door people soft tops due to demand for 4 door orders, so I would assume adding 2 door tops would just put additional pressure on the soft top production line.

OP
OP
Swatman

Swatman

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like they feel confident that they can produce the hard tops for 2 doors. They need to get 4 door people soft tops due to demand for 4 door orders, so I would assume adding 2 door tops would just put additional pressure on the soft top production line.
Makes sense, although I haven't heard of any constraints on soft top production. I also thought their 2-door take rate was much higher than expected (and much higher than the buy rate on 2-door Wranglers).

Last edited:

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wouldn't it help with the MIC shortage issue? I think most 2-door reservation holders would gladly take a soft top (we're all going to be getting one later anyhow)--esp if Ford offered the hard top hardware package for free as it's doing for the 4-doors. Sorry if I missed previous discussion of this.
As someone who has been around a couple of soft top Jeeps in the past, I want nothing to do with a soft top.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eyeballs to be too short for a folding top mechanism that will clear the roll bar to fit. Back seats in the way. Only a lift off soft top could be used and then you have the worst of both systems, still need a garage to store it. Cannot open it at all, either on or off, and you have less security and insulation.

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
As someone who has been around a couple of soft top Jeeps in the past, I want nothing to do with a soft top.
As someone who has been around a couple of soft top Jeeps in the past, I would love to be able to get a soft top. Almost didn't order because of this issue but decided to give the hard top version a chance. Hard tops look better when the top is off. But there is definitely a price in convenience and storage issues

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soft tops are great for taking the tip off and having as a oh no that hail storm is coming and I have to drive through it moments. Other then that I agree horrible.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From day one I haven't been able to understand why there isn't an option to order a soft top on the 2door. It would have made much more sense to do like Jeep. The soft top is the stock option, and buyers can opt for the hard top just like their 4door customers. Quite an odd call on Ford's part IMHO.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it's being saved for later to give them some wiggle room to keep the entry price lower than Jeep when the rest of the lineup increases.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Swatman

Swatman

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eyeballs to be too short for a folding top mechanism that will clear the roll bar to fit. Back seats in the way. Only a lift off soft top could be used and then you have the worst of both systems, still need a garage to store it. Cannot open it at all, either on or off, and you have less security and insulation.
I'll be shocked if there isn't an after-market fold back soft top. While there are advantages to both the hard and soft tops, my preference would be to have both.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean the answer is pretty simple, they never designed a soft top for the two door. So they would have to design one and by the time that Got done with certifying it along with crash testing approval, etc your hard tops would be ready.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya, never designed... That's the ticket...

Seriously, please stop, you don't think that they designed one, but only the aftermarket did?

Maybe they didn't approve it for production, but I am damn near 100% positive that one was, at a minimum, designed.
Sponsored