Sponsored

Does Bestop Sunrider fix some of the hardtop problems?

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats what I'm thinking. When my MIC top OBX arrives at the end of the month, I'm assuming that any little squeaks or clicks on the top can be resolved with a little latch tinkering with a screwdriver and a little shimming. I was always tinkering with my boat, and I dont understand the mentality that the dealer has to fix every squeak.
In all honesty I only noticed it when my music was off anyways which is almost never the case
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Sunrider top is the right solution for my 2 door. Iā€™m not likely to remove panels and leave them at home more than a few days per year. The dew comes in overnight here, so I would normally want to close up the truck when parking anywhere after dark. Iā€˜ve owned two cars with T tops, they were only removed a few times in the years I owned the cars.

How water tight are the Sunrider tops? I was recently in a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with a Bestop full soft top, the drivers side of the top over the doors was so loose I could see light through it. I was driving in the rain but the interior didnā€™t appear to be getting wet, but the wind noise from the open side was significant.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had one in my two door Willys, loved it. Very convenient and as far as looks, loved it. I was able to unlatch and flip it back without getting out of the drivers seat. Negative was that wind noise was horrible at highway speeds - with a hardtop I think it was buffeting way too much. Couldnā€™t hear my wife talking - well maybe thatā€™s a positive. But a really awesome feature at below highway speeds. Maybe the aero of the Bronco will be different donā€™t know.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would certainly take care of any noise the two front panels make, and it's a great thing. Had it on a Wrangler we rented for a week in Moab, super fast and easy open/close and no panels to deal with - ever.

Just not my thing with the Bronco, I'd want one that opens both rows of seats, that full open air thing is one of the major selling points to me. So I'm going soft top for now, hoping someone will make a larger 'sunrider' eventually. When I asked Bestop months ago, they had no plans for it, but that might change I guess.

But if you don't care about opening the rear part of the roof, it's one of the best mods you'll ever do to your rig IMO.
I just heard from Bestop, and theyā€™re listening. A two row ā€œsunriderā€ is going to be released soon.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands