Sponsored

Does Ford monitor these forums? Are they listening to us future owners? It seems everyone wants the bronco prewired for hardtop. Will they listen?

HypebeastDad

Base
First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m just wondering does Ford monitor this forum and are you listening to the customers. This could cause you guys a lot of sales due to lack of transparency and kinda snobbish behavior. We were never told at the time of placing orders that the soft top meant no hardtop down the road. That’s almost a dealbreaker for me and a lot of other future bronco owners. I feel Ford needs to make this right and give us prewired Broncos or slash the price of our builds for purposely not letting us know their plan. They knew about the wiring issue from day one why not say anything. Also how many will leave Ford due to the hard top nonsense?
Sponsored

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want the hard-top, then wait for the hard-top. If you’re fine with the soft-top, then switch to the soft-top and get your Bronco earlier. I don’t know how much simpler it can get. Ford is literally telling you how to get your Bronco this year. No matter how upset people get, Ford can’t make hard-tops any faster. The damage is already done. Im not sure how much they care what the forum thinks at this point. Because all they can do is invest in manufacturing of the hard-tops. And that takes time.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Sponsored
OP
OP
HypebeastDad

HypebeastDad

Base
First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
Understood. I just feel if they let people know about the wiring earlier they’re would be even less soft top orders.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a Wildtrak. I’m not even able to opt for the soft top. I would love if Ford allowed the Wildtrak and First Edition orders to be able to order a soft top with the electrical/plumbing components. Just build the WT and instead of putting the MIC, just put the soft top. Problem solved for WT and FE orders battling the MIC challenge.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Understood. I just feel if they let people know about the wiring earlier they’re would be even less soft top orders.
Uh, we knew this in Oct/Nov at least. Confirmed.

But in all fairness, we did not know that you couldn't get a hardtop for a while.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just wondering does Ford monitor this forum and are you listening to the customers. This could cause you guys a lot of sales due to lack of transparency and kinda snobbish behavior. We were never told at the time of placing orders that the soft top meant no hardtop down the road. That’s almost a dealbreaker for me and a lot of other future bronco owners. I feel Ford needs to make this right and give us prewired Broncos or slash the price of our builds for purposely not letting us know their plan. They knew about the wiring issue from day one why not say anything. Also how many will leave Ford due to the hard top nonsense?
I think you give the pissing and moaning on this site too much credibility.
First, have you ever heard the axiom, “you can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time”? That’s what your dealing with in this forum.

Second, what are there.. 10,000 members on this site? From What I can see from the threads, there’s maybe 100 who are all wrapped up in their undershorts about the pre-wiring for the soft tops/hard tops. Even so, let’s quadruple that to 400. 400 is roughly .4% of the roughly 90k reservations Ford has. In my book, that’s called “mice nuts”.
I’m guessing they lost more Bronco orders because the color green wasn’t available.

Anyway, just relax. Order the Bronco config you want, and sit back and patiently wait until it shows up. Good things come to those who wait. The best thing I did after placing the order for the Bronco I wanted is to stop checking this freaking site every day. In general, most of the complaint posts are created by ppl who could use a prescription for Xanax.
If you can’t wait, then cancel your order and go get something else. You‘ll be happier, (hopefully).

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want the hard-top, then wait for the hard-top. If you’re fine with the soft-top, then switch to the soft-top and get your Bronco earlier. I don’t know how much simpler it can get. Ford is literally telling you how to get your Bronco this year. No matter how upset people get, Ford can’t make hard-tops any faster. The damage is already done. Im not sure how much they care what the forum thinks at this point. Because all they can do is invest in manufacturing of the hard-tops. And that takes time.
If Ford had said exactly that, then there would be no question. The problem is they left it open and added in the reservation number factor, and that they would continue to schedule hard tops as available, and that they were dumping millions of dollars into the hard top issue. So, if you have a day 1, first 10 minute reservation and #1 allocation as I do, it’s just not that simple. You don’t know if you’re build is next week or next year.

Since I also ordered a 2dr, I would have to compromise on two fronts (doors and tops) to get (possibly) an earlier build. That letter and Fords lack of communication transparency regarding issue specifics actually made it much worse for some of us.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope Ford is not listening to this form. For every good post there seems to be 10 bad ones. Too many posts from people who want to turn the Bronco into something besides an off-road vehicle.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford had said exactly that, then there would be no question. The problem is they left it open and added in the reservation number factor, and that they would continue to schedule hard tops as available, and that they were dumping millions of dollars into the hard top issue. So, if you have a day 1, first 10 minute reservation and #1 allocation as I do, it’s just not that simple. You don’t know if you’re build is next week or next year.

Since I also ordered a 2dr, I would have to compromise on two fronts (doors and tops) to get (possibly) an earlier build. That letter and Fords lack of communication transparency regarding issue specifics actually made it much worse for some of us.
I originally ordered a 2 door WT, slightly prefer the 2 dr looks over the 4 door but it’s not that much of a difference in my eyes and I actually prefer the soft top for the convenience of it so I switched my order to a 4 door BL. Got a build date . I am happy but I do understand and sympathize for the customers who don’t want to switch.

OP
OP
HypebeastDad

HypebeastDad

Base
First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you give the pissing and moaning on this site too much credibility.
First, have you ever heard the axiom, “you can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all the people all of the time”? That’s what your dealing with in this forum.

Second, what are there.. 10,000 members on this site? From What I can see from the threads, there’s maybe 100 who are all wrapped up in their undershorts about the pre-wiring for the soft tops/hard tops. Even so, let’s quadruple that to 400. 400 is roughly .4% of the roughly 90k reservations Ford has. In my book, that’s called “mice nuts”.
I’m guessing they lost more Bronco orders because the color green wasn’t available.

Anyway, just relax. Order the Bronco config you want, and sit back and patiently wait until it shows up. Good things come to those who wait. The best thing I did after placing the order for the Bronco I wanted is to stop checking this freaking site every day. In general, most of the complaint posts are created by ppl who could use a prescription for Xanax.
If you can’t wait, then cancel your order and go get something else. You‘ll be happier, (hopefully).
I feel you. I’m new on the forum. Just wondering. I have a vin and a June build date. Just wish it was prewired for me then.
Sponsored