Sponsored

Does Ford monitor these forums? Are they listening to us future owners? It seems everyone wants the bronco prewired for hardtop. Will they listen?

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope Ford is not listening to this form. For every good post there seems to be 10 bad ones. Too many posts from people who want to turn the Bronco into something besides an off-road vehicle.
Instead of offering 6/7 off-road models, maybe Ford should have offered a spectrum of on/off road models. Some of us would have appreciated an off-road vehicle that could also provide topless towing of a 4500 lb boat for some fun in the sun. If this means stiffer suspension/less travel, fine. Give us that choice even if it's just a max-towing package. At the end of the day, Ford wants as many customers as they can attract. I don't want an off-road vehicle that can only do off-road good, I want a Swiss army knife vehicle, which can do many things well even if that means it doesn't excel at any. And for those of you who are going to say just get an FX4 F150, I'd be fine with that if Ford offered it as a convertible or removable hard top with MGV interior. For now, I'll be fine with my limited-capability Bronco and will use my Jeep Liberty to tow the boat.
Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel you. Iā€™m new on the forum. Just wondering. I have a vin and a June build date. Just wish it was prewired for me then.
Well, welcome to the site. I certainly understand your wish or desire to have the vehicle prewired, but I don't believe this forum or the people on it represent enough of the customer base to effect change in Ford's production. I also suspect that to inject that change into their production at this point might delay delivery to others. Perhaps if everyone was unified in the same perspective, it might have a chance, but there are as many opinions as there are days in the year. Even so, I think you'll enjoy some of the information shared on the site. And congrats on the June build date & Vin. You're closer than many to enjoy the new Bronco for real. šŸ˜

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, Ford monitors these forums!

Yes, Ford changes things when the hear an uproar from a statistically significant representative Bronco owner population, which Bronco6g is.

When it was discovered that the First Edition would have a Navy Pier interior only this place went ballistic, the first thread below went to 48 pages. And as you can see by the third link, Ford relented and offered additional FE interior choices.

First Edition Bronco Will Have Navy Pier Interior Option Only

(Yet Another) Petition: First Edition to Receive Options

Confirmed: Navy pier not only interior option for First Edition Bronco

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It wont happen this time because the harness(s) are already designed.

Stop and think for a second how much of a shipping nightmare it would be to ship all these tops separately next year. It would cost Ford more to ship one than Webestos charges them for one.

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok... so, since Ford is watching, can we start a petition to tell em how nice of a guy I am and that they should cut me a half price deal?

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree this should be an option. ā€œPrewired for hard topā€.
This is the first time Iā€™ve seen anyone mention this, and I think itā€™s brilliant.

If it matters to the customer enough, make it available for a few hundred bucks.

BTW, my understanding is Wrangles are the same way, and there are after market solutions.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Second, what are there.. 10,000 members on this site? From What I can see from the threads, thereā€™s maybe 100 who are all wrapped up in their undershorts about the pre-wiring for the soft tops/hard tops. Even so, letā€™s quadruple that to 400. 400 is roughly .4% of the roughly 90k reservations Ford has. In my book, thatā€™s called ā€œmice nutsā€.
Hmm, letā€™s look at these numbers from another perspective...

Most likely, not every member is on this forum ever day. In fact, most members probably arenā€™t active at all. Further that, not every active member, is going to jump in with their opinion because they see no point in repeating whatā€™s already been said. Hence, the reason polling exists. Not to mention, those that have or are about to just cancel their order and move on without any indication as to why.

Now, letā€™s consider the number of customers who have placed an order and arenā€™t members of this forum, many of whom have now been contacted by their dealership and persuaded to convert their order to a soft-top under the assumption that they will be able to buy a hard-top some time in the near future. How are they going to react when they go to their dealer and pick up the top only to find out that this so-called ā€œmodularā€ vehicle isnā€™t really ready to accommodate the features of the hard top like rear window defrost and working wiper? After all, there is nothing that indicates that the customer is changing their order to a whole new vehicle.

Next they are going to wonder why Ford is selling the hard-top as an accessory with wipers and rear-defrost when Ford knows that these features are not going to work without some serious modifications to their vehicle, which again is supposed to be ā€œmodularā€. Now, Ford will have to think about selling two hard-tops, one without the wipers and rear-defrost and one with because who wants to pay extra for features on a top they canā€™t use.

And the fact that Ford went out of their way to split an assembly line so that they could specifically make the vehicle less modular is going to be an even bigger head scratcher. It comes across as incredibly cheap.

Keep in mind that this is on top of the longer than expected waits with poor communication in-between and other concessions that customers may have already made, like Mod-Tops, Dual Tops and potentially other constrained items.

Personally, Iā€™m not upset because Iā€™ve decided I donā€™t really have to have the MY21 and am willing to wait this shitshow out while Iā€™m also keeping my options open to whatā€™s in the pipeline from other automakers. But, from the outside looking in, this just makes Ford look pretty f**king stupid and I predict that, if Ford stays on this course, itā€™s going to leave a bad taste in the mouths of many more people than the ā€œmice nutsā€ to which you are referring.
Sponsored

Last edited: