Sponsored

Does it hurt economically or in delivery time to lower your order options?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

I just ordered a Badlands 2D with Lux package, 2 tops, towing and some other constraints on 10/21, so I do not have price protection. I have a feeling it will still take another year, and I am not even sure if Ford will even give me 2022 pricing in 2023, etc. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know. People that are complaining about gas prices are not even realizing that all experts are predicting the average(not CA) gas prices to get above $6 a gallon by August. Based on that and the wait time, I think I am going to buy a cheaper hybrid car, and then maybe only the Bronco in certain times of the year, certain trips, etc.

To justify this, I want to remove options from my Bronco(Lux package, v6, etc) I would remove the automatic, but figure it is more efficient with fuel, over time, not matter how good I drive. Question - Best guesses on how bad does it hurt me to email my dealer with order changes? I am sure some people have done it a lot, but do you guys think it slows me down another 6 months?, do I possible lose any price protection in 2023?

Thanks,

Dan
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Guys,

I just ordered a Badlands 2D with Lux package, 2 tops, towing and some other constraints on 10/21, so I do not have price protection. I have a feeling it will still take another year, and I am not even sure if Ford will even give me 2022 pricing in 2023, etc. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know. People that are complaining about gas prices are not even realizing that all experts are predicting the average(not CA) gas prices to get above $6 a gallon by August. Based on that and the wait time, I think I am going to buy a cheaper hybrid car, and then maybe only the Bronco in certain times of the year, certain trips, etc.

To justify this, I want to remove options from my Bronco(Lux package, v6, etc) I would remove the automatic, but figure it is more efficient with fuel, over time, not matter how good I drive. Question - Best guesses on how bad does it hurt me to email my dealer with order changes? I am sure some people have done it a lot, but do you guys think it slows me down another 6 months?, do I possible lose any price protection in 2023?

Thanks,

Dan
Removing options will help in getting your Bronco sooner. Email and call your salesperson and tell them what you want to change.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't currently offer a dual top option, so you are currently unable to be scheduled for build at least until 2023MY. Ford has been clear that your order date will not qualify for any relief from the 2022 and 2022.5 increase if not built in 2022MY (the 2023MY increases aren't known, but you can bet they are coming)

Ford is also clear that changing trim, engine, type of 4WD system, or option package results in immediate 2022 and 2022.5 price increases even if built as a 2022MY (you want to change three of them, so you will be hit with thousands of dollars more in extra costs, minus what you save in options) regardless of when you get the truck)

Financially it probably makes the most sense to leave it as is until it is obvious that you won't get a 2022MY otherwise a huge chunk of the savings from less options will go away in higher vehicle cost. Then change after that because it won't make a bit of difference as any price protections (specifically based on your order date) will be gone.

Sadly, as a practical matter you are going to pay at least $2-3k more then you currently think because you are not going to get your unit, even if you ditch the dual top, in 2022. One might argue that you are better off if you can find one in a lot someplace in the Country for maybe $5k over in ADM and that it is your best financial move if you need the vehicle within the next year.

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He said he ordered a 2 dr. I don't think they ever had a dual top option.

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He said he ordered a 2 dr. I don't think they ever had a dual top option.
If you order with the aftermarket Besttop full retractable twill soft top which the B&P tool said is available for all series/ models but is a dealer installed option rather than a factory installed replacement roof you'll end up with a dual top group on the 2 door. That's a $2480 option on the b&p tool.

Of course removing options can help get it faster potentially, but it would give up the 22 to 22.5 my price protection which may make it more expensive for less.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you order a 2-door it has a mandatory MIC hardtop for $600 and I simply selected the other twill softtop as well. You guys think that has my order hung in limbo?

I was originally going to order the first week it started, but when I saw all the trims decided I should wait and see/test drive them first. I missed the price protection window and really would love to have been in with the others that keep complaining because they at least have price protection. With my car getting old(2013) and average(not just CA) expected to go over $6/gallon this summer I think I have to bail and just hope I can still come up with the money someday when it does show up. I guess I will go ahead and drop some of my options and see what happens, but I am going to go ahead and buy a different car for now. Really would have be nice if Ford would stop introducing Raptors, Everglades, etc. and focus on keeping things simple for now.
Sponsored