Sponsored

Does Lux (or any package) come with HD radio?

deadCode

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, 2016 Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Badlands Sasquatch Mid package (8" Sync4) does NOT have HD radio. It is in the owners' manual, so it seems this may only be for higher tech packages - perhaps the 12" screen?
My Black Diamond mid does not have HDRadio as well. That's BS. Pretty much all radios coming out support it. What was Ford thinking?
Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's getting turned off ASAP. Although I have it in my area the service constantly goes in and out . It's extremely annoying.
This…..EXTREMELY……I’ve switched mine off….going in and out of HD with the attendant volume change was driving me nuts.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I honestly didn't know HD radio still existed. I thought it was one of those goofy fads from 4-5 years back that crashed and burned.

I wonder if the wife's 2020 F-150 has it.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OTA FM, TV, and Cable TV have become unlistenable/unwatchable due to commercials. I've gone without for at least a decade.

SirriusXM isn't great, but much less commercials means more music. It's better for road trips (constantly switching stations from town to town) and it also works off road. As a casual listener in the vehicle, the monthly service is easier than curating a local copy of music.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wtf is HD radio?
It is a digital signal instead of frequency modulated (FM) on that FM band. It can do multiple stations at the same time on the same band. So with HD, you get to select stations inside that station. The negative is that the signal is compressed and there is some lose of fidelity.

So, ROCK101! can have their main Rock 101, Lawrence Welk, Punk Rock radio, and Polkas channel all at the same 'station'. There is a selection button to rotate through them.

Sponsored

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. I use Android Auto to play Pandora most of the time. The ads are pretty light or you can pay for ad-less service. With Sync 4, it is supposed to work on Blue Tooth. Sync 3 in my 2017 F-350 requires connecting my phone to the USB ports in the dash. There are still bugs in the connectivity (Android Auto vs Ford Sync), but have it most of the time. And I run Waze at the same time.

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2015 Edge had HD radio, and nearly every big station here in San Antonio has it and coverage is great.
I first noticed the 22 Bronco Sport Big Bend I had didn't have it.. was bummed. It does sound better.
And now the Badlands Mid package doesn't have it either. I'm wondering if ANY sync 3/4 system still has it?

As for Sirius... ugh. The stations that have music I like play the same things over and over, just like regular FM. Not paying for that. I haven't had Sirius since 2018, and the music being played now on the demo period is the same as back then with only a few differences :)

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I swapped out the sync 2 for sync 3 on my 2014 fusion I learned that there is a separate CD player module under the head unit that controls the “tuning”. This controlled the AM/FM and Sirius and the CD player. I ended up swapping that out and as well and got HD support. (Bonus it had a Sirius subscription already which worked for over a year). Not sure where that module would be on the Bronco as there is no CD player.

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprised so many people don't know it's still a thing. The only reason I use it is to access the Punk Tacos substation. Best part is that there are like 0 commercials on it. I tried satellite radio (it's actually really nice for driving around the colorado mountains) but the stations always seem too repetitive and their punk channel plays less music than MTV.

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot speak for the Lux package, but I do not think my High Package has HD. Or if it does, I do not see how you tune to the secondary stations. In my Grand Cherokee, when I tuned to 97.3 KBCO, I had the option to listen to three "channels" all on that frequency. In my Bronco, I do not see any way to select the other channels. It's just the main FM broadcast.

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But how can I FORscan my laserdisc to play on my 12" dash screen?

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OTA FM, TV, and Cable TV have become unlistenable/unwatchable due to commercials. I've gone without for at least a decade.

SirriusXM isn't great, but much less commercials means more music. It's better for road trips (constantly switching stations from town to town) and it also works off road. As a casual listener in the vehicle, the monthly service is easier than curating a local copy of music.
I have this… love it…. When my local morning FM show went to the fake laugh stuff I went.
Sponsored

Last edited: