Sponsored

Does SAS package now come with front locking hubs?

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an OBX ordered and have added the SAS package does this now come with the front locking hubs? Just curious and I am still waiting for my build date reserved 9-22-20 and ordered 1-21-21
Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Locking hubs are from the way past. They are to disconnect the front hubs and let them spin freely without the driveshafts and front differential spinning all the time.

Today's 4Wd vehicles have the engagement mechanism in the front differential so it and the driveshaft does not spin when in 2WD. Although I believe the half shafts still do spin?

I know on my Wrangler TJ's everything spins- the front hubs, differential and drivehaft even when in 2WD. Only the transfer case is disconnected. That's why I love the locking hubs of the past- they disconnect the front axle and driveshaft completely.

I am now curious how the Bronco is engineered regarding engaging 4WD and how the front axle is disconnected.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am now curious how the Bronco is engineered regarding engaging 4WD and how the front axle is disconnected.
[/QUOTE

EDIT*
“It’s been pointed out that the advanced transfer case is part of the sas package”
The advanced transfer case is just the transfer case that disengages. Everything spins there are no”Hubs” per se the front axles are splined and bolted like a front wheel drive car.
I believe this is one of the reasons mpg is so low on the Bronco

Last edited:

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Locking hubs are from the way past. They are to disconnect the front hubs and let them spin freely without the driveshafts and front differential spinning all the time.

Today's 4Wd vehicles have the engagement mechanism in the front differential so it and the driveshaft does not spin when in 2WD. Although I believe the half shafts still do spin?

I know on my Wrangler TJ's everything spins- the front hubs, differential and drivehaft even when in 2WD. Only the transfer case is disconnected. That's why I love the locking hubs of the past- they disconnect the front axle and driveshaft completely.

Not way past, Super Dutys still have them. Solid axle feature, something jeep did away with and should have kept imo.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new package will have locking hubs and an improved foot activated high beam.
Sounds perfect for the base trim.

Honestly, having all those switches in one stalk just makes it stupid expensive to replace or repair. Two stalk "euro" design is better. And the auto high beam is spastic in every new Ford I've driven so I have to switch to manual every time anyway.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands