Sponsored

Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving?

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you run power for that?
I followed Motoroso's method by drilling a hole on the passenger side mounting point and routing the wires behind the glove box and firewall to the light bar wires for aux switch #1.

It's not crazy hard but Ford didn't provide much length on the wires you need to connect to do the routing portion. Once finished it's definitely the cleanest option. Didn't want wires running down the outside windshield. I really like how it turned out.

20221231_112159(0).jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I followed Motoroso's method by drilling a hole on the passenger side mounting point and routing the wires behind the glove box and firewall to the light bar wires for aux switch #1.

It's not crazy hard but Ford didn't provide much length on the wires you need to connect to do the routing portion. Once finished it's definitely the cleanest option. Didn't want wires running down the outside windshield. I really like how it turned out.

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? 20221231_112159(0)
We use the KC HiLiTES wire hider on our installations. Simple, non-permanent and no drilling required. You don't even realize it's there usually

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kc-hilites-universal-wire-hider/

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone have any pictures of an install using this? Not a fan of drilling a hole in my vehicle. Looks like Baja also has a kit. Might be cleaner look to cut the sheathing and tuck the wires in between the windshield and pillar.
Whatcha mean Baja also has a kit? What kit?

Here is a photo of the KC Wire Hiding system on our demo truck... can ya see it :)

If not, look on the passenger side

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? XRGB2 (small)

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? XRGB1 (small)

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? XRGB3 (small)

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow. As one of Baja Designs biggest dealers im surprised I never heard of this. Looks to be the exact same thing.

KC is $20.99 though and Baja's is $29.95

Baja includes some adhesive promotor though, but even still, we keep a big jug of that ourselves and we've never used it on the windshield wire hiders (we use them on bed rails and other things in the beds that are going on aluminum).

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow. As one of Baja Designs biggest dealers im surprised I never heard of this. Looks to be the exact same thing.

KC is $20.99 though and Baja's is $29.95

Baja includes some adhesive promotor though, but even still, we keep a big jug of that ourselves and we've never used it on the windshield wire hiders (we use them on bed rails and other things in the beds that are going on aluminum).
I'm thinking about cutting the sheathing and tucking the wires in between the windshield and pillar with black wire on top and silicone. Next problem is the amount of exposure up top with a 40" bar. I REALLY don't want to drill.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm thinking about cutting the sheathing and tucking the wires in between the windshield and pillar with black wire on top and silicone. Next problem is the amount of exposure up top with a 40" bar. I REALLY don't want to drill.
I thought about doing that, but this is so much easier.

Don't drill into your roof, pointless. If you ever remove the light bar, well now you have a hole

This is a Baja Designs thread though... they don't do a 40" up there...

Sponsored

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drilled into my roof to run the wire leads for power. As long as you seal with a clear waterproof silicone you’ll be fine I‘ve had my bar on for months and since we have had this crazy amount of rainstorms in socal we have had a lot of rain. I love my 40” onx6+ and how it sits on my bajarack roof rack.

@Baja Designs I’ve got a question which I shot you guys an email for but I figure I can get an answer here too. Is there a certain way to clean the s2s or squadrons? To keep the housings from fading and turning dull? Also are the new squadron saes ready to go? I’m ready to send mine back to swap to the new squadron saes!

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? AED6E444-7736-49EC-BB43-0554C36A40CA

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? A611F81F-DA22-4135-8F96-6C9B17218EE7

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drilled into my roof to run the wire leads for power. As long as you seal with a clear waterproof silicone you’ll be fine I‘ve had my bar on for months and since we have had this crazy amount of rainstorms in socal we have had a lot of rain. I love my 40” onx6+ and how it sits on my bajarack roof rack.

@Baja Designs I’ve got a question which I shot you guys an email for but I figure I can get an answer here too. Is there a certain way to clean the s2s or squadrons? To keep the housings from fading and turning dull? Also are the new squadron saes ready to go? I’m ready to send mine back to swap to the new squadron saes!

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? A611F81F-DA22-4135-8F96-6C9B17218EE7

The new ones will be out end of the month, sometime next month. We'll have them in stock at our warehouse when they are released.

As for the S2, those look to be older stock (which a lot of people like). They have the older bezels. The newer bezels are shinier and have a different finish on them to prevent that from happening.

Botz82

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm I have a strong whistling noise on my set. Any solutions to mitigate this?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can confirm I have a strong whistling noise on my set. Any solutions to mitigate this?
Nothing you can do. That's what happens when light bars are on top of the roof.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
exactly why I went with bumper LED. This is present on nearly all roof mounted light bars. You can try to minimize it but........Soft top ends up vibrating like crazy as well.
Sponsored