Sponsored

Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving?

GU_tough_bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m considering purchasing the Baja Designs 8XL linkable lights. I saw several other members have installed their bumper mounted light kit but nothing on the roof mounted option so far.

Do any members have feedback on their experience with this product?

Thanks for the help y’all!
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Middleton Sasquatch has one on theirs (YouTube and Instgram).

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have never heard reports of an XL Linkable whistling. The aero/resistance of the lights and heatsinks were taken into account during the design phase. Not to say they won't whistle under specific conditions, but it should not be a daily thing.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have never heard reports of an XL Linkable whistling. The aero/resistance of the lights and heatsinks were taken into account during the design phase. Not to say they won't whistle under specific conditions, but it should not be a daily thing.
So we just installed one on our demo truck a few nights ago. I've yet to really drive it around yet but yesterday, while driving it to get new tires/wheels, I noticed it didn't WHISTLE but with our soft top, I noticed a lot more flapping of the soft top. My guess is the wind was hitting the lights and not going smooth across the soft top. At the same time it WAS windy yesterday as well. So tough to say. When we get our truck back later we'll be able to test it more.

But if you have a hard top I don't think you'll have any whistling.

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? 1636486051504

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay here is an update. No wind noise that I could tell. It was just VERY windy yesterday morning which was what I was hearing. We drove all over the place and didn't notice any wind noise

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay here is an update. No wind noise that I could tell. It was just VERY windy yesterday morning which was what I was hearing. We drove all over the place and didn't notice any wind noise
Any impact on soft top that you mentioned earlier? Or was that also related to higher winds.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any impact on soft top that you mentioned earlier? Or was that also related to higher winds.
No impact that i noticed driving all over local and highways. It was just yesterday morning doing 30mph in a residential with high winds was causing the flapping

ethanax

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following up to see if you have noticed wind noise over time with your Baja Designs lights? I want exactly this set and I have the hard top. I drove another bronco with similar lights, but not this brand, and the wind noise was not good at all. I find it hard to believe there is no noise at highway speeds? But maybe something about the design of this set helps?

AaronW

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Does the Baja Designs 8XL Light Bar Whistle While Driving? 2E98F958-0B96-43A5-A782-C1108EC990C2

No whistling in our install. Over 20k miles with it on

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Following up to see if you have noticed wind noise over time with your Baja Designs lights? I want exactly this set and I have the hard top. I drove another bronco with similar lights, but not this brand, and the wind noise was not good at all. I find it hard to believe there is no noise at highway speeds? But maybe something about the design of this set helps?
I don't really notice any noise these days. The only time I notice any noise is if it's REALLY windy out, then it flaps around the soft top. The light bar messes with the aerodynamics and the soft top flapping is a bit more noisy then without the light bar. But it's totally worth it to have the light bar.

We've got them in stock and ready to ship: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-roof-light-bar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Baja Designs is it normal that the light bar makes a low but noticeable high pitched noise when turning them on or do you think I did something wrong on the install? Can hear the noise switching them on while just sitting in park for instance.

Lights work great otherwise, just wondering if that is normal.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Baja Designs is it normal that the light bar makes a low but noticeable high pitched noise when turning them on or do you think I did something wrong on the install? Can hear the noise switching them on while just sitting in park for instance.

That's normal for all high-power LED systems actually.

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Hey Ryan,
Yes It is normal especially on bigger lights like lightbars or linkables. If you are not experiencing any other issues like flickering or dimming you are in the clear.

Best,
Brahian