Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've seen a bunch of threads asking "Will the Bronco steal sales from (insert brand here), Does Bronco stand a chance against (insert brand here)?" And to be honest, you get a lot of the more off road type of guys saying .... Hell yeah it will, or No because (insert brand) does this better or does that better.

And to be honest, that's not what matters to Ford. They are here to sell vehicles plain and simple. And I really don't see too many of the hard core guys leaving their brand. Just like I have no desire to leave Ford (and I'm not an off roading kind of person, though the new Bronco may change that).

So in the end, Ford put just enough into the Bronco to appeal to each and every group out there. So absolutely they'll bite into sales, that goes without saying. But it'll be more of the people that don't have that hard core brand loyalty and just want a nice vehicle that can do 'x' for them.

Edit: Oh and btw, Jay Leno has an EB. So Ford has celebrity power which is greater than reputation when it comes to sales ?
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not sure what Toyota you are referring too? 4Runners have no front end or interior panel issues.
Well I live in Hawaii and its packed with toyotas, 4 runners and tacomas, more ore less the exact same thing through the years. Alot of those late 90s mid 2000s ones are all kinds of funky out here. Newer ones, the crazy angular ones like in your pic, most of what i see on those is underbody rust(its hawaii), issues with hot motors, and easily damaged front ends. One little weird thing I found on a 2016 4 runner was a dry rotted windshield sprayer hose. Dry rotted rubber in just a few years, not great. I fixed it for the girl with a piece of hose off my 91 Comanche that no longer has a washer tank on it but still had some hose ?

But yeah a guy I work with told me he has replaced the interior and exterior door handles on his 2000 something taco so many times that he had it down to like a 10 minute fix. Another buddy has a 04 that he had to rewire all the window controls on his 4 door so he could pass safety check. Also his steering rack was able to shift 2 inches in either direction after he paid 8000 for it.

If anything at the least this proves the point that any vehicle can be preserved or destroyed depending on who is taking care of it.

But toyotas only real immunity is their myth.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I live in Hawaii and its packed with toyotas, 4 runners and tacomas, more ore less the exact same thing through the years. Alot of those late 90s mid 2000s ones are all kinds of funky out here. Newer ones, the crazy angular ones like in your pic, most of what i see on those is underbody rust(its hawaii), issues with hot motors, and easily damaged front ends. One little weird thing I found on a 2016 4 runner was a dry rotted windshield sprayer hose. Dry rotted rubber in just a few years, not great. I fixed it for the girl with a piece of hose off my 91 Comanche that no longer has a washer tank on it but still had some hose ?

But yeah a guy I work with told me he has replaced the interior and exterior door handles on his 2000 something taco so many times that he had it down to like a 10 minute fix. Another buddy has a 04 that he had to rewire all the window controls on his 4 door so he could pass safety check. Also his steering rack was able to shift 2 inches in either direction after he paid 8000 for it.

If anything at the least this proves the point that any vehicle can be preserved or destroyed depending on who is taking care of it.

But toyotas only real immunity is their myth.
OK ?

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 1972 FJ40 restomod (4.7 iForce V8) and I absolutely love it. Will never consider selling it. I’ve also owned three 4Runners and although the 4Runners are more comfortable, they are nowhere near as exciting as my FJ40. Now, the Bronco is the closest thing to my FJ40 in terms of what I wanted in a modern rendition of an FJ40. Toyota failed to offer that, yet Ford did! This is why I want a Bronco. Reliability is subjective in that a well cared for American car will last as long as an average cared for Japanese car.

btw, the original straight six in my FJ40 was made by Chevy for Toyota....and my original motor had 630k miles.
I for one would like to see pics of your FJ.

Sponsored

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one would like to see pics of your FJ.
Sorry bud, I don’t share pics of my; self, family, cars, and home anywhere online. I did once, and it became a problem.

However, if you are ever in Phoenix, PM me your number and I can meet you in a public place and show you the car :cool:.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sold my 2016 Toyota Tacoma yesterday. Thats like... sort of a 4runner but with a bed...

DanDanTMM

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner SR5 & 1985 Toyota 4x4 Pickup SR5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm ditching my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro for the Bronco. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my 4Runner but it is pretty boring. We actually own 2 Pros so I'll still have one in the garage. The 6 Gen 4Runner is coming but I'm not expecting anything life shattering though. They do have a cult like following but I think many like me will leave do to them being so conservative and not giving us what we want. I got Banned from the Pro FB page just for saying that I ordered a Bronco and if anyone else was jumping ship. It started a shit show. :ROFLMAO:

side.jpg
I have been a Toyota guy for a long time. I currently have a 1985 Toyo 4x4 Pickup (original owner), 2016 4Runer SR5, 2019 Highlander Limited. I put down my $100 for a BadSquach. Like you, I love my 4Runner and I expect it will be trouble free like all the Toyotas I have owned, but my wife and I both want something more "fun" and "flashy" and "adventurous". We have looked at Jeeps for years and I just can't make myself buy a Chrysler product.

As far as the FB forum banning you. Not surprised there. You can't hardly post anything negative at ALL about a Toyota without them calling you a troll. I have commented on a few Bronco threads on T4R.org and it has been pretty civil there. But, ALL brand specific forums I follow (guns, cars, motorcycles, cameras, etc.) suffer from this. Nobody can admit that a brand other than the one they are loyal to might have something exciting/interesting/new that is worth taking a look at. Nobody wants to admit there may be something better out there. It's nuts really. RIght now this forum is great because the Bronco is new and everything is euphoric and everyone is on a high.

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry bud, I don’t share pics of my; self, family, cars, and home anywhere online. I did once, and it became a problem.

However, if you are ever in Phoenix, PM me your number and I can meet you in a public place and show you the car :cool:.
Probably a smart policy. I might actually find myself in Phoenix whenever COVID goes always so I’ll drop you a line for sure!

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been a Toyota guy for a long time. I currently have a 1985 Toyo 4x4 Pickup (original owner), 2016 4Runer SR5, 2019 Highlander Limited. I put down my $100 for a BadSquach. Like you, I love my 4Runner and I expect it will be trouble free like all the Toyotas I have owned, but my wife and I both want something more "fun" and "flashy" and "adventurous". We have looked at Jeeps for years and I just can't make myself buy a Chrysler product.

As far as the FB forum banning you. Not surprised there. You can't hardly post anything negative at ALL about a Toyota without them calling you a troll. I have commented on a few Bronco threads on T4R.org and it has been pretty civil there. But, ALL brand specific forums I follow (guns, cars, motorcycles, cameras, etc.) suffer from this. Nobody can admit that a brand other than the one they are loyal to might have something exciting/interesting/new that is worth taking a look at. Nobody wants to admit there may be something better out there. It's nuts really. RIght now this forum is great because the Bronco is new and everything is euphoric and everyone is on a high.
Couldn't agree more. People have a hard time looking past what they own. I've had close to 30 different vehicles from most of the brands out there. There are only 2 brands that I'd never buy, and those are Dodge of any name and Nissan. This site seems to be a little different but probably because there is no recent Bronco market and it's primarily offroad based. You have to admit the Jeeps and Toyota are very good offroad. I'd like to see the make Toyota step their game up for the 6th Gen 4Runner but I'm not holding my breath. We will still have an 18 4Runner that will need to be upgraded at some point.

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't agree more. People have a hard time looking past what they own. I've had close to 30 different vehicles from most of the brands out there. There are only 2 brands that I'd never buy, and those are Dodge of any name and Nissan. This site seems to be a little different but probably because there is no recent Bronco market and it's primarily offroad based. You have to admit the Jeeps and Toyota are very good offroad. I'd like to see the make Toyota step their game up for the 6th Gen 4Runner but I'm not holding my breath. We will still have an 18 4Runner that will need to be upgraded at some point.
I hope the 6th gen 4runner has both a turbo 4 and v6, as well as a 10 speed auto. Since all of the bronco orders may not be fulfilled until 2022, I may wait for the next gen 4runner and make a decision between that and the Bronco.

I ususally dont buy the first year model of any truck.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had three Landcruisers, the 1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, several Prius models and I am on my 4th Lexus LS. My grocery getter Sienna Van is practically indestructible and headache free since I bought it 8 years ago.
No one can touch Toyota for utter reliability and longevity.
I am getting the Bronco because Toyota is not bringing back the original FJ40 and because the Bronco is so darn gorgeous and because Ford did the right thing by bringing it back from dead and doing it right.
I know it will not be as reliable as a Toyota but it will hopefully be not as bad as Fords of 10 - 15 years ago.
I am getting the Bronco because it will be a fun toy with looks you cannot help but love.

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm ditching my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro for the Bronco. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my 4Runner but it is pretty boring. We actually own 2 Pros so I'll still have one in the garage. The 6 Gen 4Runner is coming but I'm not expecting anything life shattering though. They do have a cult like following but I think many like me will leave do to them being so conservative and not giving us what we want. I got Banned from the Pro FB page just for saying that I ordered a Bronco and if anyone else was jumping ship. It started a shit show. :ROFLMAO:

side.jpg

side.jpg
I owned the ‘17 Tacoma TRD Pro and although it was a great truck, I didn’t love the “new” powertrain they introduced in ‘16. It still had rear drums, no JBL, no sunroof, they held all of those things back until ‘18. I got out of that for an ‘18 TRD Pro 4Runner which was a great vehicle, but again, boring and WAY behind the times. They held a ton of stuff back in that one as well. Finally (and reluctantly) got out of Toyota for a Ford... an ‘18 Raptor and holy sh*t, that thing is fun. It is still my daily and feel it doesn’t compromise anything. Initially people were reluctant, as was I, because of the EcoBoost, “no proper V8. True Trucks have to have V8’s... blah blah blah.” But, out on the trails and in washes, EVERYONE gets out of the way. An absolute BEAST on and off-road. I never find myself wishing for more power, more clearance, better tires, anything. I got my order in for the Bronco as soon as I possibly could because I an suspecting and expecting the same experience (maybe even better) with the Bronco! Can’t wait!

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope the 6th gen 4runner has both a turbo 4 and v6, as well as a 10 speed auto. Since all of the bronco orders may not be fulfilled until 2022, I may wait for the next gen 4runner and make a decision between that and the Bronco.

I ususally dont buy the first year model of any truck.
I'm definitely thinking it'll be turbo something. I don't think Toyota even has a 10 speed in the works. Maybe in the Lexus stable? I just don't think Toyota has a balls to come anywhere close to the Bronco. If the wife likes the 6th Gen, then we may still end up with one anyway.

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I loved my FJ, but for whatever reason it was easy to let go. I'm hoping the 2 door Bronco does everything it did, but better.
I love my FJ too but probably my favorite vehicle would be my F150 so yeah I am PRO FORD AND TOYOTA! I also have owned way more Fords than Toyota's.

This slow roll-out is good for me 2022 is about when I want to get one.
Sponsored