Sponsored

Does the Bronco wink at you when you put the turn signal on?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I saw a Bronco Sport driving down the road the other day and it turned off the headlight when the turn signal was on, just like a stupid Dodge, Mercedes and some current GM vehicles. Does the Bronco Bronco do this? Why is this a thing? If the front turn signal light isn't bright enough why didn't they make it brighter or give it a little more distance from the headlight?
Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a law that they have to do that. Ever vehicle with an integrated DRL/turn signal has to do that.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a Bronco Sport driving down the road the other day and it turned off the headlight when the turn signal was on, just like a stupid Dodge, Mercedes and some current GM vehicles. Does the Bronco Bronco do this? Why is this a thing? If the front turn signal light isn't bright enough why didn't they make it brighter or give it a little more distance from the headlight?
2:59 time frame is what you're looking for. Halo stays lit...

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
part of the reason why they do this is because the white led strip can wash out or hide the amber turn signal if left on it's a human eye thing they used bright white light to camoflage tanks and other things during WWII on the bronco looks like they are using the same strip to do yellow and white

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those things are BRIGHT. Should be an upgrade from my 2014 Altima. Kept on having to check the lights were on driving in to work this morning in the rain.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Paul Gagnon

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Video shows with headlights on...I think OP is talking about no headlights but Day time running lights on.
He had asked about the headlights, but yes, most vehicles (except our Pallisade) turns off the running lights. But the Bronco, even with headlights on, leaves the halo on when engaging turn signal, I would think even without headlights, the halo will stay lit. I'll know tomorrow when I pick mine up and update if some else doesn't first...

gooby

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i M-Sport, Black-Diamond 7SPD on Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a law that they have to do that. Ever vehicle with an integrated DRL/turn signal has to do that.
No. There's a requirement that the blinker be a certain level of brightness relative to the DRL. If the DRL is too bright, or if the blinker is not bright enough, then the DRL must be dimmed to account for it when the turning signal is on. That's why some vehicles have this and some don't.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was/is a lighting law in Europe that the signal light needs to be a certain distance from the headlight..?
But this isn't the headlight going off. Lol
And at night, with the headlights on, it doesn't turn the headlight off when you signal! So... Yeah, it's pretty fucking pointless 🤷🏻
Sponsored