Sponsored

Does the dealer you select in your reservation matter?

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First of all, I am a new member to this forum and appreciate the wealth of information you all have been providing the last few weeks that I have been lurking! I submitted my reservation and simply chose my local dealer as that is all that came up. The site did not offer any of the larger dealers in the Portland, OR area despite them being close. Anyhow, is that an issue? When it comes time to order, will Ford allow us to change the dealership? Id obviously like to get quotes out of all of the dealerships within a few hours of me and go with the best deal. Thanks!
Sponsored

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First of all, I am a new member to this forum and appreciate the wealth of information you all have been providing the last few weeks that I have been lurking! I submitted my reservation and simply chose my local dealer as that is all that came up. The site did not offer any of the larger dealers in the Portland, OR area despite them being close. Anyhow, is that an issue? When it comes time to order, will Ford allow us to change the dealership? Id obviously like to get quotes out of all of the dealerships within a few hours of me and go with the best deal. Thanks!
No one knows yet, some people called ford and they said it wasn't changeable, but others are confident it will be. Just hang tight, lots of time to figure it out

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made sure to stick with the dealer my family does business with, figure it's a bit of loyalty and they probably won't try and screw me with ADM

Reactions: fv9

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can't change them--yes.

If you can change them--probably not.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The one good thing about the closest dealer is that they are small and being a local small business owner myself, hopefully they will treat me right for the relationship.

Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just let Ford choose since the website was overloaded. That was the only way I was able to secure the FE.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I set up my walker in advance.....the system uses your zip code. If you find you want or need to change, a call to Ford Customer Relations can change the dealer. For me, it was important to give business back to my community. I’d have reneged on that had the dealer refuse to work with me but they are honoring the X-Plan pricing and have been up front in our discussions which is all I can ask for at this time

JH6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Based on my experience with the dealership calling me yesterday regarding my preorder, I hope it does not matter.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Spoke on the phone with ford support and marketing. Confirmed you cannot change your dealer, said cancel and place new reservation if you need to. Also alluded to being locked into your model(base, badlands, etc) so choose carefully. Not sure if you will be able to change 2/4 door option when you order

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke on the phone with ford support and marketing. Confirmed you cannot change your dealer, said cancel and place new reservation if you need to. Also alluded to being locked into your model(base, badlands, etc) so choose carefully. Not sure if you will be able to change 2/4 door option when you order
There are so many inconsistencies in what support has told everyone that I don’t even think they truly know yet. I read someone else contacted support who told them that you can change trims (obviously not to the FE) when ordering. I’m going to give it another week or two before Ford actually informs their support on what’s going on.

At this time since reservations are still going on I think support is just too lazy to change the dealer for you and would want you to just cancel your current one and put in a new one with a different dealer (sucks if you have a FE reserved). I’m guessing once reservations are closed they’ll start changing dealers on their end when you request it. Otherwise they’ll be directly going against what is written in their FAQ (which they still haven’t updated if they truly changed).

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are so many inconsistencies in what support has told everyone that I don’t even think they truly know yet. I read someone else contacted support who told them that you can change trims (obviously not to the FE) when ordering. I’m going to give it another week or two before Ford actually informs their support on what’s going on.

At this time since reservations are still going on I think support is just too lazy to change the dealer for you and would want you to just cancel your current one and put in a new one with a different dealer (sucks if you have a FE reserved). I’m guessing once reservations are closed they’ll start changing dealers on their end when you request it. Otherwise they’ll be directly going against what is written in their FAQ (which they still haven’t updated if they truly changed).
Yeah, confusing for sure. I know the $100 charge on my credit card lists the actual dealership name, so maybe that add complexity to the process.

I reserved a 2dr base and a 4dr black diamond. Hoping I can change either the trim or number of doors down the line and pick the one I really want, cxl the other.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford said if enough people call they will consider allowing reservations to be allotted to a different dealer.

NW-Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, confusing for sure. I know the $100 charge on my credit card lists the actual dealership name, so maybe that add complexity to the process.

I reserved a 2dr base and a 4dr black diamond. Hoping I can change either the trim or number of doors down the line and pick the one I really want, cxl the other.

It feels like Ford did not spend any team walking through a reservation flow chart - doing that in advance would let them see all the points that can break and allow them to tune the process for success. Paying the dealer the 100 seems like a bad idea but I am sure they had their reasons.

I would be happy to have the ability to switch even if that means I had to pay $100 dollars again and leave the already sunk $100 with a crap dealer.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It feels like Ford did not spend any team walking through a reservation flow chart - doing that in advance would let them see all the points that can break and allow them to tune the process for success. Paying the dealer the 100 seems like a bad idea but I am sure they had their reasons.

I would be happy to have the ability to switch even if that means I had to pay $100 dollars again and leave the already sunk $100 with a crap dealer.
Agreed
Sponsored