Sponsored

Does the factory winch with modular bumper affect ride/handling?

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does the extra weight out front noticeably affect the steering, handling, ride or cause the front suspension to compress noticeably? We have a 2 door 4 cylinder 7-speed Sasquatch Big Bend on order and are planning to add the winch.

Jason
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No

Dickzip

Everglades
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Iā€™ve driven Broncos with and without the OEM winch mount including the Warn winch. I donā€™t feel a difference. You just need to remember not to pull up to close to anything in front of you.šŸ™ˆ
I Have a Warn elite bumper (which is BiG) with a Warn winch and canā€™t feel any difference.

Ford Bronco Does the factory winch with modular bumper affect ride/handling? FC68B7D6-C13A-41EB-8231-3F9F8021BD89

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Ford setup on mine...very happy with it. All Broncos have a little factory rake, and the weight of the winch does add to that a little, I added a 1" level to compensate, but it rode fine before and after.

20220821_172245.jpg

MrGSquared

Outer Banks
First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Jeep GC TH 5.7, '23 Bronco OBX 4Dr (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the extra weight out front noticeably affect the steering, handling, ride or cause the front suspension to compress noticeably? We have a 2 door 4 cylinder 7-speed Sasquatch Big Bend on order and are planning to add the winch.

Jason
The only time I would think you'd notice a small difference is under heavier braking (going off the exit on a highway) with more nose dive, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Also,
#savethemanuals

Sponsored

Dickzip

Everglades
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have the Ford setup on mine...very happy with it. All Broncos have a little factory rake, and the weight of the winch does add to that a little, I added a 1" level to compensate, but it rode fine before and after.

Ford Bronco Does the factory winch with modular bumper affect ride/handling? 20220821_172245
Does that light bar make much noise on the highway?

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a Westin XTS with winch on 2.3 OBX with 2.7 Badlands SAS Bilstein take offs. This combo dropped the bumper around 1-3/8ā€, and to me, caused more brake nose dive and the steering felt a tad heavier on road. I am adding a 1-1/4 coil collar as soon as I have a chance to lift the front back up. My front wheel well height went from ~ 39-7/8 to 38-5/8 post install.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that light bar make much noise on the highway?
Ya. Not so bad when top is on, but it whistles. They give you rubber insulators for the fins, and it's better with them in, but still whistles. W/out the insulators it just screams!
Sponsored