Sponsored

Does the included wrench tool work on the modular bumper?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you watch/ listen to that video?
"For most of the body-mounted stuff, you will need Torx Plus."

Go plug in a TP40 and a T40 to the bumper bolts and tell me what fits best.
Sponsored

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Many threads on this topic. The torx bits included in the Bronco tool kit are standard torx bits and they do indeed fit in the bolts on the modular bumper BUT they are not the correct bits. They will strip the bolts if you try. You need a Torx+ 40 bit for the modular bumper. I purchased the Torx+ bit on Amazon and installed my brush bar myself. I also tested the standard torx bit (after reading an extensive thread on this topic) and partially stripped the bolt prior to purchasing the Torx+ bit.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

T = Torx
TT = Torx Tamper-Resist
TP = Torx Plus

"T-40", "TT-40", or "TP-40", will be stamped right on the bit. If you have a 40 and it wiggles around too much it's not a TP.
Be careful with this. TP is often used when referring to Tamper Proof Torx, not only Torx Plus.

Torx Security = Tamper Proof = Tamper Resist

Ford Bronco Does the included wrench tool work on the modular bumper? 63BEE852-CEA0-468F-84BC-083760F62115

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get why people argue on here about this. Multiple posts showing the TP fitting. There is no way you put a T40 into this bolt and think it's a good fit. I'm not a master mechanic, but after seeing how much slop there was, looked on BG6 for the right solution. This is WAY too much slop to think it's a good fit.

If you want to strip out your bumper bolts, cool. It's absolutely, 100% a TP, not a standard Torx. You do you. Not sure why Ford did this, being that yes, a standard Torx could steal your lights, or other accessories and strip the shit out of it in a hurry. I even went to a Ford dealer, talked to service and they were confused. I need a better service department, apparently. I can almost guarantee you, no one locally sells this. NAPA does, if you order and Northern Tool (if you have one) and it's in stock.

EDIT: Beadlock rims are different. Those are T45. Just buy a Torx kit. Shits all over the board. The more you know....

Last edited:

Sponsored

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No they are not, they are regular Torx!
No? You are wrong and or very bad at wrenching. There is no possible way you think the slop for a standard torx is cool in this bolt. Are you working on a Jeep?