Sponsored

Does the new Bronco have heated front wiper blades??

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How could these peasants not give me my heated wipers? What an outrage. I will not stand for this bologna. ?

Ford Bronco Does the new Bronco have heated front wiper blades?? A957116D-EA14-4BA7-A5E7-DCEC03690B2B
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a ā€˜18 JLUR and no matter how high the defroster is on, the ice doesnā€™t go away. I was in a bad ice storm last winter and I had to stop and pull ice chunks off the wipers and off the side of the windshield so that I could see. Itā€™s by far the biggest flaw on the JL and Iā€™m still surprised Jeep pretends like it isnā€™t an issue.
The FJ Cruiser did the exact same thing. The flat windshields don't allow the defroster to heat the glass.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How to deal with snow:

1. When parking your vehicle when it's snowing, lift wipers off the windshield.
2. Don't use the wipers to clear off ice when thawing, ice is harder than rubber. Use the scraper and the HVAC.
3. Learn to direct hot air onto your winshield, remember that you need to run the AC while doing this (most new cars do it automatically)
4. Get the proper -40 degree washer fluid. The other weak shit will freeze in your bottle or freeze when it hits your windshield.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How could these peasants not give me my heated wipers? What an outrage. I will not stand for this bologna. ?

Ford Bronco Does the new Bronco have heated front wiper blades?? A957116D-EA14-4BA7-A5E7-DCEC03690B2B
says the guy living in FL. I lived in FL for 15yrs and moved to CO 4yrs ago. Couldn't pay me to move back to FL. I ran seat heaters in my Jeep in FL too on the brisk early mornings. Let's see, I only had to reach out my window as far as I could twice this morning to break the ice off my wipers in my f150. Damn water melts and then just freezes to the wipers because they sit so low on the window and the defrost can't get to them.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How to deal with snow:

1. When parking your vehicle when it's snowing, lift wipers off the windshield.
2. Don't use the wipers to clear off ice when thawing, ice is harder than rubber. Use the scraper and the HVAC.
3. Learn to direct hot air onto your winshield, remember that you need to run the AC while doing this (most new cars do it automatically)
4. Get the proper -40 degree washer fluid. The other weak shit will freeze in your bottle or freeze when it hits your windshield.
My problem is not when the truck is parked, its when I'm driving and the water/snow is melting off the glass and collects at the front cowl and refreezes to the wipers.

Remote start and defrost get me on the road, it's the driving that creates the issues because the wipers sit too low on the front cowl below the glass so the defrost is useless for melting the ice.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

says the guy living in FL. I lived in FL for 15yrs and moved to CO 4yrs ago. Couldn't pay me to move back to FL. I ran seat heaters in my Jeep in FL too on the brisk early mornings. Let's see, I only had to reach out my window as far as I could twice this morning to break the ice off my wipers in my f150. Damn water melts and then just freezes to the wipers because they sit so low on the window and the defrost can't get to them.
I was just kidding around. I thought it was pretty obvious. ?
Ive lived all over the world over the last 19 years in the military. Iā€™ve had your weather plenty.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My problem is not when the truck is parked, its when I'm driving and the water/snow is melting off the glass and collects at the front cowl and refreezes to the wipers.

Remote start and defrost get me on the road, it's the driving that creates the issues because the wipers sit too low on the front cowl below the glass so the defrost is useless for melting the ice.
Never had this problem with my Toyotas, F-150s, or Porsches.

Might be specific to a certain vehicle design?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never had this problem with my Toyotas, F-150s, or Porsches.

Might be specific to a certain vehicle design?
it's the 1 thing I can't stand about my '17 F150 during winters. My wrangler is fine and the wife's grand Cherokee is fine.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wtf is a heated wiper? I thought Iā€™d seen it all.