Sponsored

Does the new Bronco have heated front wiper blades??

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just use remote start and set the heater on high.
Doesn't work that well in -50, the rubber on the blades is stiff and doesn't wipe off the water from the melted snow, it just leaves big tracks all over.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has added a heated wiper "perch" the the windshield of the upscale F-Series. Perhaps the Bronco will get something similar. With the basically flat windshield it needs something. My FJ Cruiser would ice up bad and the defroster was not strong enough to thaw it.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love how they have a video about the windshield defroster complaint, saying the defroster is on etc. At the 1:08 mark it shows it on it's lowest setting ( you can watch the passenger turn it up, then turn it back to where it was before). Maybe if they turned it up and left it there, it might do something.
TFL gonna TFL...

Sponsored

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love how they have a video about the windshield defroster complaint, saying the defroster is on etc. At the 1:08 mark it shows it on it's lowest setting ( you can watch the passenger turn it up, then turn it back to where it was before). Maybe if they turned it up and left it there, it might do something.
I have a ā€˜18 JLUR and no matter how high the defroster is on, the ice doesnā€™t go away. I was in a bad ice storm last winter and I had to stop and pull ice chunks off the wipers and off the side of the windshield so that I could see. Itā€™s by far the biggest flaw on the JL and Iā€™m still surprised Jeep pretends like it isnā€™t an issue.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Be honest, some features that are standard on our 2015 4runner not even being available on the Bronco is a little disappointing. The Heated windsheild rests work great here in Chicagoland, really not sure why more manufacturers don't go that route. Bummer that we will lose those to go to the Bronco.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wipers? I thought it just used high pressured air.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Super duties had them in 2021 but not for 2021. I tried really hard to get them for my f150 or a super duty.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a ā€˜18 JLUR and no matter how high the defroster is on, the ice doesnā€™t go away. I was in a bad ice storm last winter and I had to stop and pull ice chunks off the wipers and off the side of the windshield so that I could see. Itā€™s by far the biggest flaw on the JL and Iā€™m still surprised Jeep pretends like it isnā€™t an issue.
I guess something major changed from the JK to the JL to have that issue. Not sure where you're from, but my 2015 JKU Willys kept the windshield clear in Missouri. Granted that state didn't have the coldest winters, but it sure snowed like mad.

Sponsored

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess something major changed from the JK to the JL to have that issue. Not sure where you're from, but my 2015 JKU Willys kept the windshield clear in Missouri. Granted that state didn't have the coldest winters, but it sure snowed like mad.
Same for my 2012 JKUR. The blades sit near the bottom of the windshield and the defroster vent blows hot air directly towards the bottom of the windshield. I live in the snow belt of northern Michigan where we average 120" of snow. Now my Grand Cherokee is another story. It has the worst placement of the wipers of any vehicle I've owned because they rest to low on the windshield and the defrost vents don't blow hot air at the bottom portion of the windshield due to the shallow slope of the windshield. My 08 Subaru Legacy GT had the heating elements built into the bottom of the windshield right where the wiper blades rest. It was the best design I have experienced.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish it had that feature. My Outback has it - super convenient come January and February in Maryland.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah, yes, the automatic winshield cracking feature.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird. My 2014 JKU wiper blades get caked and frozen with snow and ice in any sort to sleety or wintery mix weather. I too have had to pull over and clean them off.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Weird. My 2014 JKU wiper blades get caked and frozen with snow and ice in any sort to sleety or wintery mix weather. I too have had to pull over and clean them off.
Not sure what to tell you then. Though only a milder snow/sleet mix, clean windshield. Defrost on low setting. Snow got worse later on and still no issues.

Ford Bronco Does the new Bronco have heated front wiper blades?? BVnrcaa
Sponsored

Last edited: