Sponsored

Does the universal garage door opener function when the vehicle is off?

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the update. I hope that you are able to adjust in the settings. I like the idea of it being disabled when the key is not present or the vehicle is off. BTW I like my 229, 365, and mpx. My daughter has her eye on the last one.
Nice. My first was a P226. I carry Glock 23 now. Sig's are like filet mignon though... Buttery smooth
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have a lux Badlands. Never used the visor buttons before. I set it up today after reading this. I can confirm that not only this works with the vehicle off but it also works with the car off and the doors closed and locked (as if the top was off or down). For reference, if the top is off and you lock the doors the inside door buttons WILL NOT WORK when the truck is off and locked. I assume this is to prevent access to the cargo area by simply reaching in and unlocking the door buttons from inside. If I recall that is an option inside of the vehicle settings on the touchscreen. I'll have to check and see if you can disable the visor buttons. Basically leaves my home unlocked if I decide to leave the top and doors off at any point during the summer. Just reach in and instant access to my garage and home.
So the opener works even with the key not present?

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another Ford visor with garage door buttons could be programmed and retrofitted.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the opener works even with the key not present?
Unfortunately this is correct. I just confirmed. I was able to open my garage door with the visor while the vehicle was locked and off and the keys were not present.

I also checked the settings and I was unable to find any setting similar to the one that disables the inside locks while the vehicle is off and locked.

I wonder if this is something that can be addressed with an over the air update by Ford?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately this is correct. I just confirmed. I was able to open my garage door with the visor while the vehicle was locked and off and the keys were not present.

I also checked the settings and I was unable to find any setting similar to the one that disables the inside locks while the vehicle is off and locked.

I wonder if this is something that can be addressed with an over the air update by Ford?
Wow, that's a bummer. I would think they'd be able to change it with a software update. Can't believe they didn't think about this.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I searched homelink and someone on a F150 forumn claims that it times out after 10 minutes of the car being off. I doubt it unless something has changed since 2012. My Fusion has been off in the garage for a few hours unlocked. Just opened the door, pushed the button and it opened the garage, bummer. Definitely a design oversight.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I searched homelink and someone on a F150 forumn claims that it times out after 10 minutes of the car being off. I doubt it unless something has changed since 2012. My Fusion has been off in the garage for a few hours unlocked. Just opened the door, pushed the button and it opened the garage, bummer. Definitely a design oversight.
GOOD NEWS! After reading this I tried again this time locking the truck with the windows open and leaving it for 30 minutes. When I just went back to try it THE VISOR BUTTON DID NOT WORK. As soon as I opened the door but with the truck still off (but now keys were present) the button worked.

So.... It seems as though the visor button will work for a short while after turning off the truck but will eventually turn off and not work with the truck locked and keys not present. Very relieved to hear this. I'll be able to keep the truck locked with the top and doors overnight and not have to worry.

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GOOD NEWS! After reading this I tried again this time locking the truck with the windows open and leaving it for 30 minutes. When I just went back to try it THE VISOR BUTTON DID NOT WORK. As soon as I opened the door but with the truck still off (but now keys were present) the button worked.

So.... It seems as though the visor button will work for a short while after turning off the truck but will eventually turn off and not work with the truck locked and keys not present. Very relieved to hear this. I'll be able to keep the truck locked with the top and doors overnight and not have to worry.
This is great news! Thank you for taking the time to test this out

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many buttons will the garage door opener have? I need 5 and worry that it will not be able to work with all of them

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many buttons will the garage door opener have? I need 5 and worry that it will not be able to work with all of them
The visor has 3 buttons.

Sponsored

Biscuit

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, 1967 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wish I could verify this for myself, but so far I haven't been able to program them to my door

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I could verify this for myself, but so far I haven't been able to program them to my door
I had to do it twice for some reason and it only works on the center button but here....

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the high package but I am curious about the universal garage door opener on the Lux package.
I plan to garage my bronco but when I don't I would not want a functioning garage door opener in a vehicle with a soft top.
I had never thought about this and glad I'm only high package at this point.

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is the opening of the door that turns the power back on to the door opener. Leave drivers window down and try again, without opening the door.