Sponsored

Does the universal garage door opener function when the vehicle is off?

amcap

Wildtrak
First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 440 Conv
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered the high package but I am curious about the universal garage door opener on the Lux package.
I plan to garage my bronco but when I don't I would not want a functioning garage door opener in a vehicle with a soft top.
Wife’s BMW works only with engine off. Infiniti anytime and its very frustrating as it prevents me from parking the car in the driveway for fear of break ins. I also ordered the high package and plan to buy a rear view mirror with Homelink 4 and perhaps also an integrated camera from Amazon. Gentex is one of many out there. Not cheap but the lux package is a rip off in my opinion.

i‘ll also change out the speakers and add a subwoofer for much less than the b&o in the lux
Sponsored

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
can I get one the Aux switches to open my garage? 🤔

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can I get one the Aux switches to open my garage? 🤔
There is a threat on this. I think you have to hide the remote on the engine compartment and hook up some kind of relay.

captvideo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 05 M3, 55 MG, 60 Austin Healey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading this thread I decided to add the FordPass skill to my Alexa account. Then added the phrase to lock my car to a routine that I already created that turns off my lights at night. This way every night I know my car will be locked so nobody can use the HomeLink remote to open my garage even when the windows are open in the summer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you do that? I tried to add a skill to alexa so that I didn't have to go through the whole rigmarole of saying my pin and everything every time I wanted to use the skill to start my truck, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know most of this threat is old, but just thought it might be worth mentioning that both the auxiliary switches, as well as the power to the review mirror turn off with the Bronco.

I don't know where the factory visor gets his power, but if it's the same circuit as the rear view mirror, that it shuts off even with ASS. I have a mirror dongle that powers my ICC and it loses power at a stoplight.
Sponsored