Sponsored

Does/Will Ford have a Badge of Honor system like Jeep does?

OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco doesn’t need to copy everything Jeep does.
yeah I don't think a dupe/clone needs to exist but inline with how Ford is branding the 'offroad community' w/ the Broncos... something similar feels like a match
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Found a Ford page for it that says Winter 2021. https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/fordpass performance app/

No word of physical badge/patch or anything. So wondering if it's weird to signup and use the Jeep one just for the badges?

And TrailsOffroad seems to have a list of the trails that award badges. https://www.trailsoffroad.com/blog/the-complete-list-of-jeep-badge-of-honor-trails
Couldn't deal with Fords reservation & ordering ordeal (@HotdogThud said it perfectly) any longer and ordered a Jeep Rubicon last week. Didn't know about the badge of honor program by Jeep.
Thank you for letting me know!!

I'll still buy my Bronco when it can be had in 8 - 12 months and compare and keep the winner.

The badge program from Jeep is mature by the sound of things, I would recommend, as you mentioned, just use that program. I am guessing Jeep or the program owners won't care.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeez, first posts complaining about model stickers, then a post complaining about the tire pressure sticker……and now you guys are asking for stickers?
no wonder Ford seems confused by us. ;)

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not super into badges or patches per-say but I think it's a cool way to say "I've been there done that".
Found a Ford page for it that says Winter 2021. https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/fordpass performance app/

No word of physical badge/patch or anything. So wondering if it's weird to signup and use the Jeep one just for the badges?

And TrailsOffroad seems to have a list of the trails that award badges. https://www.trailsoffroad.com/blog/the-complete-list-of-jeep-badge-of-honor-trails
yeah having patches to stick to seats/roof/interior would be cool. Definitely feels like Ford needs to stepup and get a move on.
Just fired off a tweet to Jim Farley... see if he replies.
yeah I don't think a dupe/clone needs to exist but inline with how Ford is branding the 'offroad community' w/ the Broncos... something similar feels like a match
Good thing you let us know that you're "not super into badges" or people might think you were with the copious amount of postings, tweets, and whatnot. Embrace your obsession! Be proud of being a badge junkie, own that shit! No shame here.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BoogieBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Boogie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The bronco itself is the badge of honor. It means you've been through the entire reservation, ordering, build and delivery process and have emerged unscathed. You get extra points for completing the journey in under 18 months.

Suck it Jeep, bet they can't give their owners THAT kind of experience....
So true, I literally just L oh L

Sponsored

BoogieBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Boogie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jeez, first posts complaining about model stickers, then a post complaining about the tire pressure sticker……and now you guys are asking for stickers?
no wonder Ford seems confused by us. ;)
How do you know a NOOB in Moab .. stickers .... especially stickers of runs "conquered". The REAL stickers are obvious, presenting as body damage, dents, scrapes, rips, holes or make shift repairs. Stickers SMH!?!?!

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you know a NOOB in Moab .. stickers .... especially stickers of runs "conquered". The REAL stickers are obvious, presenting as body damage, dents, scrapes, rips, holes or make shift repairs. Stickers SMH!?!?!
Winner!!!

The stickers feel sort of like an "everyone gets a trophy" situation.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Is that a Texas winter or a Minnesota winter?
Difference of about 4 months.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found a Ford page for it that says Winter 2021
Interesting find. The Ford/Bronco webpage used to contain the same info saying the features would be released in summer, then fall, then 2022. But as of this morning that section has disappeared (at least I can no longer find it).
Sponsored