Sponsored

Does your 2021 Bronco get devalued because it delivers in 2022?

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a thought I have now that I just saw my estimated delivery date. I placed my original order on the night of the launch, July of 2020. Been super excited and also very confused with the rollout but we all have I'm sure. Then I get the email! Your Bronco has been scheduled for production! So I'm energized again and starting to dream of modifications and less fun stuff like interest rates and such. Then today I notice on the pizza tracker that my estimated delivery date isn't until January 3rd 2022? Now I'm pretty sure I have a 2021 being built but here we are seeing that I likely won't even see this truck until the first week of 2022? I kind of feel not good about this. Why wouldn't Ford have just stopped the 2021 production line and booted the 2022 line earlier to avoid this confusion.
I'm curious as to what people think about the valuation of the Bronco as a result. Typically most manufacturers already have the next years model lined up and ready to purchase by the 4th quarter of the preceding year even with the pandemic.
Just curious. I'm grateful mine is being built as I type this. Just thinking about the economic impact of that and the upcoming finance rate change that I hope won't hit until after I get mine!
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought I have now that I just saw my estimated delivery date. I placed my original order on the night of the launch, July of 2020. Been super excited and also very confused with the rollout but we all have I'm sure. Then I get the email! Your Bronco has been scheduled for production! So I'm energized again and starting to dream of modifications and less fun stuff like interest rates and such. Then today I notice on the pizza tracker that my estimated delivery date isn't until January 3rd 2022? Now I'm pretty sure I have a 2021 being built but here we are seeing that I likely won't even see this truck until the first week of 2022? I kind of feel not good about this. Why wouldn't Ford have just stopped the 2021 production line and booted the 2022 line earlier to avoid this confusion.
I'm curious as to what people think about the valuation of the Bronco as a result. Typically most manufacturers already have the next years model lined up and ready to purchase by the 4th quarter of the preceding year even with the pandemic.
Just curious. I'm grateful mine is being built as I type this. Just thinking about the economic impact of that and the upcoming finance rate change that I hope won't hit until after I get mine!
Is future valuation really your concern when buying a Bronco? Then to make you feel better, the answer is "no".

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts on this are for the first 10-15 years a 2022 will have a bit more value than a 2021 just because it is a newer model year. But way down the road if you are talking about collectible values 2021s will be worth more (20+ years from now) because there are fewer of them and them being the "first year"

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Valuation of the Bronco is higher than MSRP, as can be seen with any Bronco that is on the open market. finance rate, etc. will not be negatively effected.
all that being said, getting a 2021 in 2022 is a bit of a gut punch, but also, you are special, one of the last 2021's, so therefore one of the best?

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shaking the magic eight ball........Will the OP vehicle be valued more or less delivered in 2022 in the future?

It is unclear, please ask later.

IMHO you will have a super low miles 2021.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really doesn't matter when it's delivered. It's always the model year.
Yes, most everyone would rather have a 2022. Would't you?
Used car values will show greater depreciation by year...

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It'll be like a 64.5 Mustang. Yes, I know they are technically and legally 65s but if your VIN is below the magic number it adds value. It'll be the same for the Bronco, especially if you have a First Edition or one of the orphaned colors. I'm not gonna live long enough to see it, but in the long run, a '21 will be worth more than a '22 due to limited production...

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It'll be like a 64.5 Mustang. Yes, I know they are technically and legally 65s but if your VIN is below the magic number it adds value. It'll be the same for the Bronco, especially if you have a First Edition or one of the orphaned colors. I'm not gonna live long enough to see it, but in the long run, a '21 will be worth more than a '22 due to limited production...
Anyone that buys a vehicle to speculate on is a fool. No one can anticipate future prices.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Used to be that model year changeovers were almost always timed for July, there was a long standing shut down during the week of 4th of july at the big 3, where they would do preventative maintenence, changeover lines, and give everyone not working on those 2 things a week off where you wouldnt miss meetings and emails.

Now, fuel economy regulations are based on the model year, not the production date. Each model year, they get stricter.

So automakers are deferring those model year launches as late as possible so they are held to the less strict standard.

to you and me, as others said, yeah, in 4 years, no one will know what week your car was built, only the model year and mileage. Normally you get a better discount as you get into the end of the model year, but thats not the world today (x10 for the bronco).

It is what it is

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look at this way- you'll have less miles on a 21 than a 22 built roughly the same time.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the old days, you know like 3 years ago I would say absolutely, the '21 will have a extra year a depreciation but these days, who knows! And what will things be like 5 years from now, who knows! A '21 might only bring you $10k over MSRP instead of the $12K for the '22 :)
Sponsored