Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have two dogs... a 2yr old 95lb Golden Retriever and a 9 month old 45lb Australian Retriever. We currently are in a Flex and am concerned about their (mainly the golden) ability to get in and out of the Bronco.

I have a 4 Door Badlands non-Sasquatch coming and was wondering about other folks' experience of their dogs getting in and out.

Do they get in and out via the tailgate or the back seat doors? How is the height for larger/older dogs?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 100 lb. golden couldn't make it unassisted.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good topic. Wonder this too. What's best for 4 door? Use the tailgate, the side doors w/ side step, or side doors without side step

2dr Broncos only get 1 good option

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No Bronco experience but I have a 3 year old, 100lb Golden/Pier mix and a 4 year old, 75lb super mutt (my avatar) and those goofs play by jumping all over 6 ft hay bales and have no issues clearing the back seat or tail gate on a lifted f150.

Edit to add that my avatar dog, Loki, is standing on a 6ft bale in the photo

Get2Zchoppa

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Dodge Super Bee, 72 Plymouth Road Runner GTX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prepare yourself, the hard plastic surfaces scratch so incredibly easy. Specifically, the interior door trim, lower dash, especially the glove box door, my girlfriendā€™s purse scratched the glove box door twice. At first I told people complaining about the cheap hard surface interior materials to stop whining, but after owning mine a month Iā€™ve been swayed, the durability of the plastic is disappointing, itā€™s like itā€™s made of wax. Not the end of the world but it certainly could be better.

Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Prepare yourself, the hard plastic surfaces scratch so incredibly easy. Specifically, the interior door trim, lower dash, especially the glove box door, my girlfriendā€™s purse scratched the glove box door twice. At first I told people complaining about the cheap hard surface interior materials to stop whining, but after owning mine a month Iā€™ve been swayed, the durability of the plastic is disappointing, itā€™s like itā€™s made of wax. Not the end of the world but it certainly could be better.
This is some good insight. Thanks for sharing
You had 2 camps. Those that felt the interior materials and design could be better, and then the apologists saying "it's an offroad vehicle, what do you expect?"
I kept quiet on the matter but truth is, anything can always be improved. If we're content with things remaining the same, nothing will improve. We should always remain open minded about suggestions for continual and gradual improvement (kaizen). Sorry dont mean to preach, but I think a big part of a good competitive market in capitalistic economies, is continuous improvement

That said, I bet we'll see some improvements in MY22 and beyond

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have two dogs... a 2yr old 95lb Golden Retriever and a 9 month old 45lb Australian Retriever. We currently are in a Flex and am concerned about their (mainly the golden) ability to get in and out of the Bronco.

I have a 4 Door Badlands non-Sasquatch coming and was wondering about other folks' experience of their dogs getting in and out.

Do they get in and out via the tailgate or the back seat doors? How is the height for larger/older dogs?

Thanks.
"tailgate or the back seat"??? My dog takes shotgun...everyone else sits in the back!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s lots of options for pet ramps, for the cargo area. Thereā€™s also options for tow hitch attachments, which are basically a step. I canā€™t recall the name of the one, but itā€™s a larger surface that swivels under the vehicle when not in use. Both could be great options.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"tailgate or the back seat"??? My dog takes shotgun...everyone else sits in the back!
Ha ha ha!!! I get that! Both of ours would gladly take shotgun if we let them!

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thereā€™s lots of options for pet ramps, for the cargo area. Thereā€™s also options for tow hitch attachments, which are basically a step. I canā€™t recall the name of the one, but itā€™s a larger surface that swivels under the vehicle when not in use. Both could be great options.
In another thread someone posted a link to one like this... it is an interesting concept, but not sure if our pups will adjust to getting in via the tailgate as they are used to the back seat.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lift my 85lb dog into the rear of my wrangler if top is up, in the rear of wifeā€™s grand cherokee and have to lift him up into rear cab of lifted truck. If my soft top is down, he canā€™t enter through the rear.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Following, we have an 80lb German Shepherd and curious how sheā€™ll do jumping in and out. I know she can do it but Iā€™m wondering about what is easiest and best for her in the long term.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 135lb Old English Bulldog Bocephus is too stubborn for ramps or steps. Iā€™m hoping heā€™ll at least stand on his back legs and put his front paws on the back of the rear opening so that I can give him a boost. It works for the bed, although he growls at me every time I help himā€¦..ingrate.
Here he is riding in my lap in the wifeā€™s MKZ after he destroyed the pet barrier.
Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out 186FCFF1-95B4-4029-BBBB-49913B533CD2
Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out 7B9A9D72-853D-4E15-96F5-D0B38D6DEACD
Sponsored