Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My daughter's 20 lb Shih Tzu has trouble getting in and out. He's really short, though.

He also gets really embarrassed when we pick him up, but he needs the assist getting in and out.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have two dogs... a 2yr old 95lb Golden Retriever and a 9 month old 45lb Australian Retriever. We currently are in a Flex and am concerned about their (mainly the golden) ability to get in and out of the Bronco.

I have a 4 Door Badlands non-Sasquatch coming and was wondering about other folks' experience of their dogs getting in and out.

Do they get in and out via the tailgate or the back seat doors? How is the height for larger/older dogs?

Thanks.
I have a 140 lb Bullmastiff. I bought a very nice step that plugs into the hitch receiver. Gives him a nice launch pad to get in the back. I’ll try to post a link.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have two dogs... a 2yr old 95lb Golden Retriever and a 9 month old 45lb Australian Retriever. We currently are in a Flex and am concerned about their (mainly the golden) ability to get in and out of the Bronco.

I have a 4 Door Badlands non-Sasquatch coming and was wondering about other folks' experience of their dogs getting in and out.

Do they get in and out via the tailgate or the back seat doors? How is the height for larger/older dogs?

Thanks.
I searched a lot of steps and this is the one I went with.
Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out 18BACC38-4B9E-4668-B923-D2A472DF5B8F

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks.
I have the non-SQ Badlands, 2 Amstaff mixes (2 and 3) and they both jump in via the rear doors. I could see a problem as they get older, it is a bit of a leap.

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have used the swivel step, mounted in trailer hitch, for years on our Lexus SUV. Works great for puppies and older dogs. This eliminated most of the scratches at the tail gate do to dogs not quite making the jump into the car. Plan to add one to my Bronco if it ever gets here.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following!

56F2F8BB-DF64-488B-A65A-D284C28C8D79.jpeg

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the aluminum one for my two GSP’s.
They have no problem going up and down. With the height of the Bronco this will be perfect.

Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out 8813723D-C9AA-4456-9ABD-B51EECF2B300

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it all depends on your dog.

My 90lb-ish mutt. (if I had to guess, I'd say German Shepard/Lab, OR I really think she's a belgian malinois, she looks exactly like one) gets in and out of the tailgate of my Tahoe no problems whatsoever.

However, my mom's 90lb black Lab can't make the jump and requires a boost.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

100 lb german shepherd the trick is to have them stand on the ground ,put front legs up on back cargo area then i stand behind them and use right arm to scoop them in.
With a little practice its seamless when it works 100 lb dog feels like nothing.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dog jumps in. All doors. Even the back door with the seats folded forward. I like taking my mutt on runs. If he couldn’t get in. I would build a fold down step that slides into the receiver.
Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out 3EBA35F2-4250-4778-A19E-99ED90F3D46C

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wont get into details of my dogs weight as i ould not want to embarrasse her. Lets just say she is a big boned Saint Bernard. We use a ramp getting in and out of the back of my lifted Land Rover. Something to remember is getting out and jumping down is where your dog could likely see an injury so it is not just a convenience.

OP
OP

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the aluminum one for my two GSP’s.
They have no problem going up and down. With the height of the Bronco this will be perfect.

Ford Bronco Dogs Getting In and Out 3EBA35F2-4250-4778-A19E-99ED90F3D46C
That ramp looks like it extends out quite far... how far from back of the truck to the end of the ramp... roughly?
Sponsored