Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
by the way 33” tires, plain vinyl seats, analog gauges, Ken wood stereo with amp and iPod connector. All I need and my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. The dog probably cost more than the CJ is worth but it starts up every time. First car was a bronco and I’d like the open air feeling in something a tad bit less brutal to drive more than an hour.
34AF424F-DE9F-40FE-942D-E06BDA99E194.jpeg
Sponsored

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone seen a product that could attach to the rear-most rollbar cross member that would allow our dog to move from side to side while still being secure?
Maybe something like this might work?
Ford Bronco Dogs in the Bronco 11193017-8694-4493-B3CD-DB9FC4D1D658

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love that bernadoodle and the Jeep. I don't think it's overly dangerous the way you have the dog hooked in there either. As long as your dog doesn't have a way to leap out, it should be fine.

For the OP there are lots of options on Amazon to clip your dog into a seat belt and some are setup to give a little more movement back and forth if your dog likes that.

Third thing, if anyone feels like it please report the person who is needlessly attacking everyone in this thread. There's no need for that in here.

bhubert

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dogs come with us often. They're banned from the M4 but we take them everywhere in the Rogue.

Once I get my Bronco id love to bring them everywhere. Obvious answer, safety wise, is put them in back with doors on.

But I was wondering if any of you jeep owners ride with doors off with your dogs and if so is there some sort of dog harness you can attach to the seats?

I have a 1 yr old pit, 4 yr old Bassett and a 12 yr old Frenchie.
I grew up watching cattle dogs ride on flat bed trucks so I wouldn't be a good resource here... :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco Dogs in the Bronco 1606315983333

Sponsored

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took a heavy duty short leash and threaded one end through the handle around the roll bar and it works great for me. This was on my cj but the same principle should work on the bronco roll bar I would think. If you want a pic I can send. I pretty much just leave it attached like that so I can secure him whenever we go for a short ride to get a coffee or what not. This new bronco is as much for the dog as it is for me. Simply can’t take the cj on road trips it pushing 40 years old, runs great but too brutal to drive on trips if more than an hour.
I get what you're saying, no need for the pic. Thank you for the suggestion. I like leaving it connected so it's always ready for us.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looping the leash around and attaching both ends to a harness is probably the best way to do it.

Either an adjustable leash or one with a few grommets on it so you can adjust it to be as short as possible while still allowing movement.
I would say never use a retractable, last thing you want is that cable to come loose or detach and just horrible things.

But yes as stated there's lots of different harnesses and short leads with a carabineer you could attach to the MOLLE straps or the car seat hooks usually in the back. The strap and carabineer I bought was like $12

CumminsWayne

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram CTD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I grew up watching cattle dogs ride on flat bed trucks so I wouldn't be a good resource here... :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco Dogs in the Bronco giphy (13)

Lol same here, they never moved an inch, rode back there to town and back no problems.....

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dogs come with us often. They're banned from the M4 but we take them everywhere in the Rogue.

Once I get my Bronco id love to bring them everywhere. Obvious answer, safety wise, is put them in back with doors on.

But I was wondering if any of you jeep owners ride with doors off with your dogs and if so is there some sort of dog harness you can attach to the seats?

post frenchie

Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my 2-door Wrangler I bought a length of steel cable and crimps from Home Depot and attached the cable between the tie down loops on the floor. Then I made a small lead I could attach to the cable and the dogs collar. It was long enough for her to move to each side and stick her nose in the wind. But not long enough where I'd have to worry about her being able to jump out.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just don't be this guy ....

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When your original soft top windows get scratched up- and yes, it's gonna happen- get a new set, cut the plastic outta the originals and hook your pup up with some fresh air. I used paracord for the webbing, but that's just one way to go. Loads of fresh air, but out of the direct sun.

RIP to Jack (the old fella poking his head out), but Hank still loves riding around town like this.

Ford Bronco Dogs in the Bronco 26635354464_2224bb3894_z

Edit: Sunrider mode on the Jeep allows you to be exposed up front, but your pup can be under the shade in back. Looks like the Bronco soft top would be quite similar.

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

We have 2 mini Aussie dogs they go with us everywhere. We will leave rear doors closed. They are our life 💕💕

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't see the issue here, every single one comes with the Clark W Griswold pet attachment, stock from the factory...

/s
a very very huge /s (I have 6 dogs)
Sponsored