First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dogs come with us often. They're banned from the M4 but we take them everywhere in the Rogue.

Once I get my Bronco id love to bring them everywhere. Obvious answer, safety wise, is put them in back with doors on.

But I was wondering if any of you jeep owners ride with doors off with your dogs and if so is there some sort of dog harness you can attach to the seats?

I have a 1 yr old pit, 4 yr old Bassett and a 12 yr old Frenchie.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dogs come with us often. They're banned from the M4 but we take them everywhere in the Rogue.

Once I get my Bronco id love to bring them everywhere. Obvious answer, safety wise, is put them in back with doors on.

But I was wondering if any of you jeep owners ride with doors off with your dogs and if so is there some sort of dog harness you can attach to the seats?

I have a 1 yr old pit, 4 yr old Bassett and a 12 yr old Frenchie.
This is what I use.

Amazon.com : COOYOO Dog Seat Belt, 2 Packs Retractable Dog Car Seatbelts Adjustable Pet Seat Belt for Vehicle Nylon Pet Safety Seat Belts Heavy Duty & Elastic & Durable Car Harness for Dogs : Kitchen & Dining

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Shepherds harness came with a seatbelt lead. It clips to her like a regular leash and then goes in the seatbelt connector. It is adjustable so she can has a much or as little movement as needed.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably not ideal but I trained my bernedoodle who is now 80lbs, to sit in the back seat of my CJ and I simply looped his short leash around the roll bar attachéD it to his harness and it keeps him in a radius of like two feet. I run with the doors off and he loves it. It’s not ideal but it worked for me. Every time we go for a ride he always tries to jump in my CJ in the garage because he loves the open air!!

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably not ideal but I trained my bernedoodle who is now 80lbs, to sit in the back seat of my CJ and I simply looped his short leash around the roll bar attachéD it to his harness and it keeps him in a radius of like two feet. I run with the doors off and he loves it. It’s not ideal but it worked for me. Every time we go for a ride he always tries to jump in my CJ in the garage because he loves the open air!!
Ford Bronco Dogs in the Bronco 34AF424F-DE9F-40FE-942D-E06BDA99E194

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone seen a product that could attach to the rear-most rollbar cross member that would allow our dog to move from side to side while still being secure?

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone seen a product that could attach to the rear-most rollbar cross member that would allow our dog to move from side to side while still being secure?
Looping the leash around and attaching both ends to a harness is probably the best way to do it.

Either an adjustable leash or one with a few grommets on it so you can adjust it to be as short as possible while still allowing movement.

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looping the leash around and attaching both ends to a harness is probably the best way to do it.

Either an adjustable leash or one with a few grommets on it so you can adjust it to be as short as possible while still allowing movement.
Not a bad idea. Want to make sure the old girl is safe back there.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took a heavy duty short leash and threaded one end through the handle around the roll bar and it works great for me. This was on my cj but the same principle should work on the bronco roll bar I would think. If you want a pic I can send. I pretty much just leave it attached like that so I can secure him whenever we go for a short ride to get a coffee or what not. This new bronco is as much for the dog as it is for me. Simply can’t take the cj on road trips it pushing 40 years old, runs great but too brutal to drive on trips if more than an hour.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My son's puppy will just step out...