Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thought I'd share this as it was a little humorous. I was talking with a handful of dealers when deciding on where to order from and one of them basically responded with a bunch of wrong answers. This is what she responded with from my original inquiry about possibly transferring dealers:
  1. Broncos were only going to come with a soft top.
  2. There was no lease information released yet.
  3. If I wanted to transfer my reservation I should make a new one and cancel the one from my old dealer.
  4. If I wanted to order anything that was MY 22 then I should make a new reservation.
So I responded with the correct answers to all of her statements and this is what I received.

Ford Bronco Doing the Good Deed and Passing Bronco Knowledge to a Dealer 1613590228082

First, the email had horrible grammar for a professional email. Second, how can you not know these things when I can literally find them immediately on the Ford website?

Anyway, I know lots of people have had much worse dealer interactions, but I thought I'd share my chance to hopefully help the next customer.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I'd share this as it was a little humorous. I was talking with a handful of dealers when deciding on where to order from and one of them basically responded with a bunch of wrong answers. This is what she responded with from my original inquiry about possibly transferring dealers:
  1. Broncos were only going to come with a soft top.
  2. There was no lease information released yet.
  3. If I wanted to transfer my reservation I should make a new one and cancel the one from my old dealer.
  4. If I wanted to order anything that was MY 22 then I should make a new reservation.
So I responded with the correct answers to all of her statements and this is what I received.

Ford Bronco Doing the Good Deed and Passing Bronco Knowledge to a Dealer uu7

First, the email had horrible grammar for a professional email. Second, how can you not know these things when I can literally find them immediately on the Ford website?

Anyway, I know lots of people have had much worse dealer interactions, but I thought I'd share my chance to hopefully help the next customer.
The thing to remember is that for the vast majority of dealer interactions, we will be the subject matter experts.

Their job is to sell what's on their lot at this very moment... many different vehicles and trims, and they have to have a working knowledge of all of them to push someone into the sale they are already primed for. The only energy worth expending is the kind that makes the sale today... not tomorrow....

And our job is to obsess and memorize and debate every little thing for one specific vehicle that isn't even being built yet.

OP
OP

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thing to remember is that for the vast majority of dealer interactions, we will be the subject matter experts.

Their job is to sell what's on their lot at this very moment... many different vehicles and trims, and they have to have a working knowledge of all of them to push someone into the sale they are already primed for. The only energy worth expending is the kind that makes the sale today... not tomorrow....

And our job is to obsess and memorize and debate every little thing for one specific vehicle that isn't even being built yet.
This is very true, but when they transfer you to their Bronco "expert", you should at least expect some basic knowledge on the process.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how many people have canceled their reservations to get a new one, under the advice of these uninformed dealers
If you have to ask...

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder how many people have canceled their reservations to get a new one, under the advice of these uninformed dealers

This sounds horrible of me, but I'm fine with that 🙊

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds horrible of me, but I'm fine with that 🙊
Right?
Like, if they don't even have the slightest clue how this has been working, eff 'em, they DEFINITELY don't deserve to get a Bronco before us!!!
Lmao 🤣
Sponsored