Sponsored

Don’t be these people after you get your Bronco.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've lived out west 30 years, and the boom in quads and 4WD has destroyed much of the outback I used to hike, ride my mules, and camp. It's made huge portions of state land into some kind of Road Warrior, Burning Man extreme racetrack. It sux, bigtime.

Selfish people not caring about the environment, rules, other uses of public land. I will advocate arrest and banning when I see this type of thing.
Sponsored

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Typical CNN trying to demonize people for having fun and not living in fear of whatever the current agenda is. Agreed that this might have been a little out of hand but still...

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These NFS areas have specific rules to gatherings. This is fucked up and ruins it for the rest of us law abiding locals.

not cool and anyone who condones this this is an asshole.

MrMollusk

Black Diamond
First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep JK, Smart Brabus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My parents are in Sedona right now. I wouldn't put it past them to attend, organize, incite, advertise an event like this and NOT invite me!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This whole country has permanently freaked out. We had about injury at the waterfalls yesterday. They had to air lift the guy out because he broke part of his back and 70 freaking people in about a 70x150 ft area woulnd clear out of the area and go back down the trail so the rescue crews could do their jobs. They all just crowded in and pulled out their phones. Some asked when this would be over so they could go swimming.

People are getting to be the worst. Especially in crowds.

Sponsored

Rambler

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 Silverado, ‘97 Wrangler, ‘65 Norton
Your Bronco Model
Base

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay gonna be honest here (and in an offroad community I can only imagine the push back and flaming I am going to recieve...), but why all the littering for those that enjoy the outdoors that offroad? I realize I am lumping everyone in this bucket, and it may be a few bad apples that ruin it, but some of the quad, 4wd, crowd seems to have very poor manners when it comes to being outside.

I say this being an avid mountain biker, camper, backpacker, kayaker, hiker, etc. This group of individuals I have yet to see toss a beer can, or even a clif bar wrapper into the woods after 20+ years. But I can tell exactly where the 4 wheel drive crowd has been. Why is that?

This is probably my biggest reason for not wanting to attend some club gathering as I wouldn't be able to deal watching people be wreck less or litter while outdoors (again, I am assuming here).

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This bag, and others like it, hang off your spare tire. They're convenient for anyone to toss trash into and not have to deal with a bag inside your vehicle.

https://www.amazon.com/Trasharoo-Sp...ld=1&keywords=trasharoo&qid=1617892711&sr=8-2
I plan to order one of these for our trips to East and Central Texas trails. Haven't been in a little while, but they were getting messy the last time I was there.

Hell, there were plastic bags hanging from some of the mesquite on the trails. Don't care if I get called a "tree hugger" I will at least be cleaning up after myself.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you actually read the entire article you will have noticed that the ‘outrage’ was mostly voiced by the tree hugging Sierra Club that want to shut down motorized vehicle access to all public and private lands. If you happen to live out west, you would know that this is a normal happening on any given weekend at pick your place, Glamis, St. Andrews, Sand Mountain, Pismo, etc. Some weekends do get busier than others but since the weather out here is generally conducive to this type of lifestyle year round it’s not uncommon. What was not reported is the fact that accidents and deaths happen every weekend, usually due to inexperience, alcohol, unsafe vehicle operation or a combination of all of the above. The off-road community is a close knit group and usually self-police’s. When someone is observed operating a vehicle unsafely or under the influence, they are immediately reported to the authorities (park ranger, local police), unfortunately like any other group of enthusiasts there are a few bad apples that draw attention to themselves and give everyone a bad reputation. Don’t believe everything you read without first doing your own research.
I guess it depends on what you mean by outrage but Sierra club had one sentence. I’m sure local law enforcement and paramedics were outraged too that they had to deal with it.

MrMollusk

Black Diamond
First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep JK, Smart Brabus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford should cancel their reservations and give their $100 to the bronco wildlife fund.

This is 100% how trails get closed.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

but why all the littering for those that enjoy the outdoors that offroad?
This 100x.

Also, Federal land is OUR land as citizens. If you wanted your children to inherit your personal land, you wouldn't go dumping antifreeze and whipping PBR cans into the woods, would you? So why would you on federal land?
Sponsored