Sponsored

Don’t be these people after you get your Bronco.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Okay gonna be honest here (and in an offroad community I can only imagine the push back and flaming I am going to recieve...), but why all the littering for those that enjoy the outdoors that offroad? I realize I am lumping everyone in this bucket, and it may be a few bad apples that ruin it, but some of the quad, 4wd, crowd seems to have very poor manners when it comes to being outside.

I say this being an avid mountain biker, camper, backpacker, kayaker, hiker, etc. This group of individuals I have yet to see toss a beer can, or even a clif bar wrapper into the woods after 20+ years. But I can tell exactly where the 4 wheel drive crowd has been. Why is that?

This is probably my biggest reason for not wanting to attend some club gathering as I wouldn't be able to deal watching people be wreck less or litter while outdoors (again, I am assuming here).
its not just off road people, its people in general. The national parks get trashed by hiker/campers, I know I live in one and see pics almost everyday from the hiking groups.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is probably my biggest reason for not wanting to attend some club gathering as I wouldn't be able to deal watching people be wreck less or litter while outdoors (again, I am assuming here).
Not alone there.
Bronco will be my first off-road vehicle, so while I am starting to follow a couple of local off-road groups online while I wait, I am not entirely looking forward to actually trying to find a group to go out with and learn from.

I'm a bit of an introvert anyway, so there's always a degree of discomfort meeting new people. But I also tend to be more of a rational moderate on most political issues and try to look at things from multiple perspectives. Doesn't seem like that's going to fit well with some of these groups. I'm virtually impossible to offend, but I don't feel like spending hours with a bunch of narrow-minded assholes either.
Hopefully just me stressing about a non-issue, but I get where you're coming from.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, this made the news here in Phoenix. Lower Sycamore Creek recreation area is well known around here. I mountain bike the area from time to time. It’s a nice, normally peaceful chunk of Sonoran desert. Too bad these jackasses were out there screwing things up.

Bob

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the crap that ruins it for everyone because they most likely were very destructive and not giving a f**ck about the environment. Then everything gets locked down

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This whole country has permanently freaked out. We had about injury at the waterfalls yesterday. They had to air lift the guy out because he broke part of his back and 70 freaking people in about a 70x150 ft area woulnd clear out of the area and go back down the trail so the rescue crews could do their jobs. They all just crowded in and pulled out their phones. Some asked when this would be over so they could go swimming.

People are getting to be the worst. Especially in crowds.
Don't underestimate how "stupid" people are in large crowds!

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5000 is alot of people and trash.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
its not just off road people, its people in general. The national parks get trashed by hiker/campers, I know I live in one and see pics almost everyday from the hiking groups.
I work on private property that is open to the public so most people treat it like public land. They trash it and are surprised when I tell them that they are littering in someones yard. If its public they just beleive that someone will clean up after them. If its private they just feel obligated to danate or buy something to pay for someone to clean up after them. Trashy either way you look at it. Not everyone just about 20%. Thats about 60 freeking million crappy Americans.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well shit, there goes my plans.......:sneaky:

I'm convinced that years ago an alien spaceship came down, and dropped off of their stupid people. What makes it worse is, they ain't coming back to get 'em. o_O

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear Area 51 is more inviting...

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not alone there.
Bronco will be my first off-road vehicle, so while I am starting to follow a couple of local off-road groups online while I wait, I am not entirely looking forward to actually trying to find a group to go out with and learn from.

I'm a bit of an introvert anyway, so there's always a degree of discomfort meeting new people. But I also tend to be more of a rational moderate on most political issues and try to look at things from multiple perspectives. Doesn't seem like that's going to fit well with some of these groups. I'm virtually impossible to offend, but I don't feel like spending hours with a bunch of narrow-minded assholes either.
Hopefully just me stressing about a non-issue, but I get where you're coming from.

You are correct, it is just you stressing about a non issue..:)

Most legitimate clubs k ow how to treat the trails and the environment and you would be surprised at the cross section of beliefs you will encounter/ politics is left at the trailhead.

This was a bunch of kids out partying as we all did as kids... hopefully the ones sited will be held responsible for organizing a cleanup party..👍

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^ This

As most can tell by my avatar, I'm a big time off-roader but also extremely environmentally aware of my surroundings. This is a people problem, not an off-road/4WD crowd problem. We have run many trail cleanups on the Rubicon, Fordeyce and Barrett Lake trails and everyone that uses these trails nowdays seems to have a don't care attitude. Barrett Lake was closed to motorized vehicles for a couple of years since it's in the High Sierra and has a very fragile ecosystem. During it's closure it was only accessible to hikers and horses, once it was reopened we had many garbage bags out full of Clif bar wrappers, trail nut mix, plastic water bottles, etc that hauled out. Same reason why we don't run the local trails anymore on the weekends, unfortunately, we are now living with the 'all about me' generation. Ever since the younger party generation has discovered these locations they have ruined it for most. There are parts of these trails that are now closed to any human access due to the disregard and negligence of a few. By all means, have fun, enjoy nature however you want, but do it responsibly and respectfully to others and the environment. I think most anyone, novice or experienced could learn a lot from visiting the treadlightly.org and blueribboncoalition.org websites.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

One of my favorite trails in Colorado got gated. In an attempt to fend off future gates and trail closures, I started bringing trash bags, to remove trash along the trails.

It's kind of a pain off-roading with a bag full of empty beer cans/bottles, left by a small number of d*ckish off-roaders. On the other hand, it was nice driving back along a clean trail.
Yeah - have come across party dumps on the trail. I don't get the mentality. How do you enjoy getting out in the wild, and then not clean up after yourself? Is it that hard to put your beer cans and bottles in a trash bag instead of throwing it all around you?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

idiots like that will get areas closed to motor vehicles quickly. I don't get the mindset of these morons, trashing beautiful areas, getting off trails and cutting through any way they want, tearing up trails and areas you're not supposed to drive through, thoughtless selfish jerks.

Oh, I'm also a treehugger apparently, been a member of the Sierra Club for many many years, I love the outdoors and am all for preserving it and not being an ass. Just renewed my membership a couple weeks ago.

Pack out your crap, be respectful to the environment, it's super easy. Can't understand people like this, just dumb. Do they think it makes them look cool when they toss their trash in the bushes?

How can you go somewhere pristine to camp and enjoy and then leave trash and cut new trails and all that? Would you like to arrive to that mess next time? I don't get it.
Sponsored