Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco last week and already have nearly 1000 miles on it.

Badlands/Lux

Don’t believe the hype:

1. the b and o stereo- I use it with a Sony A45 Walkman with non mp3 with AAC/flac /lossless encoded content and find the audio freaking just fine. Stop playing mp3 crap and maybe your stereo will sound better.

2. 2.7 with the 10 speed tranny is a dream. When going uphills keep your foot steady and the Bronco will just charge over it. At least 300 miles from the hills and horse trails of Kentucky.

3. I had a fusion Energi that had active cabin noise cancellation and took DB readings. Surprisingly the soft top is slightly quieter at spread (80mph) even on ‘loud’ roads. You definitely hear wind rippling through the soft top, but the noise is actually quieter. Whatever, some country people can’t sleepwith road noise too.

4. you definitely can see the bugs flying up over your hood into the windshield. Haven’t put the deflector on yet, waiting for the rain to end so I can wash it before installing it. It’s junebug season!

5. It’s funny but most people come up to you and will tell you how much they hate the babybronco and how they didn’t know this was the real bronco..

Those are my top 5 impressions.
Hello. Fellow Kentuckian here. I’m waiting on my Bronco that was built yesterday. Hopefully it shows up here soon.
Have to agree with your bronco sport comment tho. I’m 6’3 and yesterday one of my friends told me he saw a bronco and asked if I was sure I would fit in it. Ha! I had to explain the differences to him, just like I’ve had to severe others.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“ Mary had a little lamb”. Thomas Alva Edison…..

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove a Wildtrak with the standard 6 speaker system and it's garbage. I will have speakers waiting, at least for the dash and rear pods. I had read it was not good but didn't think it would be as terrible as it is especially on $50k+ vehicles.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At first I thought you were complaining that your Bronco already had 1,000 miles on it when you picked it up a week ago.

**yawn**

At least you got to pick it up.

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My MIC top with factory insulation is loud at 50mph or above, guess I should have got the soft top for a quieter ride.
Indeed!

Even swap then? I'll drive to your house from Colorado..............

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Indeed!

Even swap then? I'll drive to your house from Colorado..............
Haha, no, I have 2 convertibles, I expect ragtops to be loud. The MIC is louder than I thought but I bet it is quieter than the soft top.

Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the same about soft top noise. The mannequin I drove was soft top but was a big bend sasquatch, it had the grill/mirror whistle pretty bad so I wasn’t able to get an accurate idea of the noise level. When my badlands came in I was shocked how quiet it was after listening to noise complaints for 8 months, with music on I literally don’t notice it below 80 and even at 90 it’s perfectly tolerable.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the base system as well and it's perfectly adequate. Not great, not trash. Maybe my bar is just low from only driving really shitty cars.
Sponsored