Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove a soft top outer banks with the mid package. I didnt find the top to be too noisy and the base stereo was fine too. Not the best but not bad either. I've got a Lux package soft top badlands thats currently on a train heading for MN. I may upgrade the stock B&O speakers if they aren't good enough to my liking. If it's at least as good as the Bose i had in my GMC Canyon All Terrain i'll be good with it
Sponsored

zio

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The B&O system doesn't compare to my GMC Sierra Bose system. My old Chevy Silverado had a better audio system than the Bronco.

I honestly cannot believe B&O was okay with their name attached to this system.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have an alternative to the OP's walkman? I just upgraded my base system with the B&O sub and enclosure, Hertz speakers and 5 channel Diamond Amp. While it sounds great compared to stock, I'm curious what others are using for an input source.

Last edited:

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my Bronco last week and already have nearly 1000 miles on it.

Badlands/Lux

Don’t believe the hype:

1. the b and o stereo- I use it with a Sony A45 Walkman with non mp3 with AAC/flac /lossless encoded content and find the audio freaking just fine. Stop playing mp3 crap and maybe your stereo will sound better.

2. 2.7 with the 10 speed tranny is a dream. When going uphills keep your foot steady and the Bronco will just charge over it. At least 300 miles from the hills and horse trails of Kentucky.

3. I had a fusion Energi that had active cabin noise cancellation and took DB readings. Surprisingly the soft top is slightly quieter at spread (80mph) even on ‘loud’ roads. You definitely hear wind rippling through the soft top, but the noise is actually quieter. Whatever, some country people can’t sleepwith road noise too.

4. you definitely can see the bugs flying up over your hood into the windshield. Haven’t put the deflector on yet, waiting for the rain to end so I can wash it before installing it. It’s junebug season!

5. It’s funny but most people come up to you and will tell you how much they hate the babybronco and how they didn’t know this was the real bronco..

Those are my top 5 impressions.
I agree, and on the B&O stereo, I see many owners complain on the quality. I guess they never purchased a vehicle in the 70’s or 80’s with a single or two low quality speakers and low quality head unit. The Bronco setup may not be competition quality, but defiantly not bad, in my opinion.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, and on the B&O stereo, I see many owners complain on the quality. I guess they never purchased a vehicle in the 70’s or 80’s with a single or two low quality speakers and low quality head unit. The Bronco setup may not be competition quality, but defiantly not bad, in my opinion.
I drive a 1948 Mercury with an AM radio and a single tiny paper speaker in the center of the dash. The Bronco stereo still sounds like junk. :D

Sponsored

Commodore

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
MiniDisc is the portable player of the future...
;)

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've seen some really drastic sound quality differences from the BO system depending on the source. I've encoded all of my old CDs lossless. Skrillex Bangarang sounds ridiculously good. Anything from Appetite for Destruction sounds muted and bad (it never sounded that way on the CD player in the Jeep I traded in). I don't think the sound system is actually that bad, but it makes me want to subscribe to Tidal.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bastard. You're driving my AMB 2dr Basesquatch. I shake my fist at you. ✊️

Not really. I'm just envious of that unicorn. Well-chosen. 👍

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I picked mine up Saturday the 6th, now at 1450 miles. Everything you said is spot on, except the bugs. Get them quick with the wipers, and they wash right off. I also have the optional armor installed.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm not good at telling good sound to bad, because the B&O is awesome to me 🤷‍♂️.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Totally agree with this. My wife and I are very satisfied with the stereo system in the Basesquatch. Some of you must be accustomed to very high end systems. We have a C6 Corvette with a Bose system. It is very good- better than the Basesquatch system although not that much to call the Base Sasquatch system "junk".

TBroncski

Outer Banks
First Name
Tybor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well there's the problem lol. As a long time gigging musician myself I can say our hearing probably leaves something to be desired after all that stage volume! ;)

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone have an alternative to the OP's walkman? I just upgraded my base system with the B&O sub and enclosure, Hertz speakers and 5 channel Diamond Amp. While it sounds great compared to stock, I'm curious what others are using for an input source.
Walkman is a little antiquated so I use a Discman. It has digital MEGA BASS o_O
Ford Bronco Don’t believe the hype PXL_20220810_183059059