Sponsored

Don't buy Go Rhino rb20 side steps. Updated.

GucciFreshness

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought the RB20s recently. Put on the brackets and they do not even reach the other side of the board. Way too short. I called Go Rhino and they asked some questions, got some measurements and pictures, and kept saying they'd call me back later that day. The call wouldn't come so I'd call back and they just said they were behind. This kept happening. So, they finally said the brackets were wrong, they'd have to send me new brackets, but they had no idea when they'd be in from overseas. I'm just gonna return them. I can't believe this wrong bracket issue has been going on since 2021 and they haven't gotten it figured out. Plus, their customer service could use some revamping.

20230524_105352.jpg
Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They do cover the pinch welds. Either you have them backwards or have wrong brackets. I would have never installed if it didn't cover.
They are not backwards. They do not cover. looking like the wrong brackets then. Will find out more when Rhino responds.

IMG_4145.JPG

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are not backwards. They do not cover. looking like the wrong brackets then. Will find out more when Rhino responds.

These have to be the wrong brackets. The printed instruction were for an entirely different board & the bracket kit was for a 4 door. These things hang too damn low. I have to agree with GucciFreshness=
"I can't believe this wrong bracket issue has been going on since 2021 and they haven't gotten it figured out. "
IMG_4148.JPG

OP
OP
Jacksonholio

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMG_4145.JPG
The Go Rhino tag goes at the back so it's on the wrong side. Still, that wouldn't fix the problem with the welds showing.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Go Rhino tag goes at the back so it's on the wrong side. Still, that wouldn't fix the problem with the welds showing.
Yeah its just sitting on there. I've seen it positioned both ways however & especially if one removes the tag.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go Rhino customer service insists that the brackets I have are the correct ones. I still have doubts though.
She also reiterated that they do NOT cover the weld - even though we've definitely seen it at least partially covered on some 2 drs here on the forum. Will have to take the stamped numbers of each & call them back to check. Only other explanation is that its just sloppy or inconsistent weld jig set-up & you get what you get....or who knows......
Sponsored