Sponsored

Don't buy Go Rhino rb20 side steps. Updated.

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was looking at those as well.

The pictures I have seen of other vehicles with the RB20, the "stubby-er" end / angle of the board is at the rear wheel (as well as the logo end being at the front / passenger door). Are you sure that running board in the picture is on the correct side?

Still looks like the brackets are too short.

EDIT: Different pictures on Google have them on different vehicles facing different ways - so who knows......
The way that I understand it the "Go Rhino" tag should be at the rear. Though looking at the installation instructions it never states the "correct" orientation of the board. Pic included show tag in the rear. The boards are narrower at one end.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Don't buy Go Rhino rb20 side steps. Updated. 20211008_144420

OP
OP
Jacksonholio

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking at those as well.

The pictures I have seen of other vehicles with the RB20, the "stubby-er" end / angle of the board is at the rear wheel (as well as the logo end being at the front / passenger door). Are you sure that running board in the picture is on the correct side?

Still looks like the brackets are too short.

EDIT: Different pictures on Google have them on different vehicles facing different ways - so who knows......
Yes, installed correct. Either way, one of the brackets on each side would be short if i flipped them. They taper from wider at the front to about 1" narrower at the rear. Will find a way to keep them. They can easily make the correct bracket and send it out I'd think.

OP
OP
Jacksonholio

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this bracket supposed to fit in this slot/hole when correct??

Either take a cutter and remove this corner or get a metal fab shop to make a longer bracket or have existing bracket extended, cut in half and add a piece of flat stock to the bracket. Don't see why it's that hard to fix??

Yes, that flat plate on the bracket needs to be longer by probably 1". Ive asked Go Rhino if I can have a chat with their R&D dept. Havent heard back yet. Hoping they'll just reimburse me for what will be a small expense to have the body shop cut and extent that front bracket. Never should have gone out like this.

With no real support on the outside of that front bracket it flexes down when stepped on.

OP
OP
Jacksonholio

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holy crap... just send them back,
like that process will be simple. SMDH Having a different bracket fabricated may be just as easy. Watching this thread hoping for a satisfactory solution.
@Jacksonholio our builds are similar. Rapid Red "Big Squch " with RB20 boards, and Rider "retro graphic" for me. I think that's a pic of your rig that I'm using as an avatar. :)
Thats not my rig in your avatar but same model. One of the few rapid reds!:cool:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jacksonholio

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Purchased and love the look of this step but the front bracket is not long enough where the step sits. If I step closer to the front it does give in and bend. Go Rhino says they are working on it and a fix is not close. Ill attach a photo of the issue and the go rhino response.
Loved this step because it hides the unsightly seam below the doors.

I did hear back from Go Rhino and they say they are working a new bracket for those boards and will get me a new pair probably next week when they are built.
Great that responded so fast.

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did hear back from Go Rhino and they say they are working a new bracket for those boards and will get me a new pair probably next week when they are built.
Great that responded so fast.
@Jacksonholio After your post the other day, I sent an email to Go Rhino voicing my concerns with the brackets based on your discovery. They responded quickly with a apology an quick resolution.

Hello Mr. ----
That is absolutely true. Our first batch went out with the incorrect bracket. We have new kits arriving at our Laredo TX whse Monday 10/18. We will ship you a replacement bracket kit on Monday when they arrive.

Thank you

--

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Jesus (Chuy) Munoz
Operations Manager
NAADE, Inc. | GO Rhino | Big Country
t: 888-427-4466 ext. 5204
[email protected]

I feel that this fine American manufacture deserves an edit or update to the title of this thread.

Last edited:

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Purchased and love the look of this step but the front bracket is not long enough where the step sits. If I step closer to the front it does give in and bend. Go Rhino says they are working on it and a fix is not close. Ill attach a photo of the issue and the go rhino response.

That sucks. I have the DS one's installed without any issue. At least they already fixed the issue

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That sucks. I have the DS one's installed without any issue. Seems like from another post they already fixed the issue
GO Rhino is aware of the issue, and have new brackets shipping out to myself and the OP on 10/18.

OP
OP
Jacksonholio

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Received an email today indicating new brackets for the front of the step are being shipped out. I applaude the manufacturer quick response and am happy they wont need to be returned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jacksonholio

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GO Rhino is aware of the issue, and have new brackets shipping out to myself and the OP on 10/18.
Yes, new brackets being shipped today. They were on it as soon as they were made aware so kudos to them.

Raptor2Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I talked with Chuy today as well at Go Rhino and he was fantastic and is going to do everything in his power to get my new brackets shipped ASAP. So, kudos to them. Here is a question for those who have installed them already. I haven't seen them yet, but my dealer was installing them today.... I'm having them put on my FE that already has the factory "rock sliders" installed. Do you need to remove the factory rock sliders to install these RB20's, or can they be installed together?

OP
OP
Jacksonholio

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I talked with Chuy today as well at Go Rhino and he was fantastic and is going to do everything in his power to get my new brackets shipped ASAP. So, kudos to them. Here is a question for those who have installed them already. I haven't seen them yet, but my dealer was installing them today.... I'm having them put on my FE that already has the factory "rock sliders" installed. Do you need to remove the factory rock sliders to install these RB20's, or can they be installed together?
Yes on the removal of the rock sliders, wont work together. I did replace with the new bracket and its great. Kudos to them for getting those shipped from Mexico to CA in 1 day.

Ridergraphix

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ridergraphix.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check out the Romik Running Boards. They have a bunch of different styles and if you order, use my coupon code Bronco20 for $20 off. 2 door and 4 door are in stock. I use them for Dealer Jobs I install on other vehicles as well. I helped them do a test fit on both 2 and 4 doors. Easy Install using existing mounting points. https://romik.com/amfinder?find=2021-ford--bronco--19061&sid=KaprwkXHK1
Ford Bronco Don't buy Go Rhino rb20 side steps. Updated. Messages Image(3979923308)

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love them on my Gladiator. They are my first choice when I get my Bronco. I'm sure they will be fixed by then.

Ford Bronco Don't buy Go Rhino rb20 side steps. Updated. 0E48B8F8-339E-46C8-8554-E9C910EAFFF4
Sponsored