First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No good years for me. Slashed the sidewall of my Kevlar mtr’s on a semi easy trail. Never had a problem with BF Goodrich. I have alway like the looks of the Pitt bull rockers.

Sponsored

Rocket Rick

Wildtrak
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick question for you tire aficionados, what style tire is best for sand, MT or AT? I won't be doing much if any rock crawling, mostly beaches. When you air down for sand, are MT's or AT's a better option? I like that AT's are a bit more quite than MT's on the highway.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A/T and M/T tires are interesting. I've run Nittos, Toyos, Falkens and Generals on different trucks I've had and Nitto/Toyos were probably my favorites, however....they 1) dry-rot like crazy on the outer sidewall and 2) are super soft which means if you spend most of your time on pavement, they wear away. Just something to think about. I haven't run Goodyears yet, interested to see how they do.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interesting to note in the video they mentioned others are also using the new Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT.

Chevrolet Silverado
https://media.chevrolet.com/media/u.../Pages/news/us/en/2020/jan/0122-realtree.html

Ram TRX
Goodyear Wrangler Territory 325/65/R18 All-Terrain 35-inch tires, developed exclusively for Ram TRX, achieve unmatched levels of wear resistance, traction and reduced road noise
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...r-supercharged-hemi-v-8-engine-301112769.html
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From an old thread on the Ram Forums
I know it's not your graphic and you were just reposting from somewhere else (and it's an informative graphic, thanks) but wanted to point out that whoever created it has some bad data. Goodyear is *not* owned by Continental as this would suggest when it says the GY Wrangler Duratrac Company Ownership is Continental AG. Just FYI for anyone that might not know, read this, and figure it's true.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Quick question for you tire aficionados, what style tire is best for sand, MT or AT? I won't be doing much if any rock crawling, mostly beaches. When you air down for sand, are MT's or AT's a better option? I like that AT's are a bit more quite than MT's on the highway.
Boggers are basically paddle tires.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it's not your graphic and you were just reposting from somewhere else (and it's an informative graphic, thanks) but wanted to point out that whoever created it has some bad data. Goodyear is *not* owned by Continental as this would suggest when it says the GY Wrangler Duratrac Company Ownership is Continental AG. Just FYI for anyone that might not know, read this, and figure it's true.
Good to know, ty

Still a good guide as I'm new to off-road tires myself

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very interesting. So, is this true for all manufacturers? MT is has always been Mud Terrain to me.
MT is universally Mud Terrain. IMO they are (smartly) choosing to recast it to mean Maximum Traction to move away from the "runs really loud and rough on the road" rep that many still associate with MT's. As they discussed the many advances in tire design and construction have today's MT's acting like yesterday's AT's on the road. In this case, for Goodyear at least, you could say that MT stands for Marketing Term. :)
Sponsored