Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The biggest reason to get the Squatch package is the larger M210/Dana 44 front axle assembly; M210/Dana 44 axle vs. the smaller M190/Dana 30.

Doesnt Ford Performance sell 5.13s and deeper gears already? Not too big of a deal. Too bad its not a drop out 3rd member like the 9" but its not really hard, just dirty and need necessary equipment. A shop shouldnt cost too too much.

From everything we've found, the Dana Advantek in the Broncos use the same gear sets as the Dana Advantek axles in the Jeeps, so 5.13s are available Bronco from a few gear vendors.

M220/Dana 44 - Rear of all Broncos:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...4-5-13-rear-ring-and-pinion-set-w-d44-upgrade

M210/Dana44 - Front of Squatch equipped Broncos:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...-5-13-front-ring-and-pinion-set-w-d44-upgrade

M190/Dana 30 - Front of non-Squatch equipped Broncos:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...omance-5-13-front-reverse-ring-and-pinion-set

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow.... 3 pages!
Not even going to finish pg 1 ... lol

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plan on using my Bronco for everything, even going to the mall. People that use the mall crawler term I suppose are going to use their Broncos for anything but to off-road so if I see those guys out at the mall I’m going to call them out. Anyway, on my OBX I plan on aftermarket options but chose to add the 4.27 gearing for when I upgrade to 35” tires, but I looked into what I would need and did the research myself. I can understand someone trying to help others out so don’t worry about people busting your chops about the thread, just do you.

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I plan on using my Bronco for everything, even going to the mall. People that use the mall crawler term I suppose are going to use their Broncos for anything but to off-road so if I see those guys out at the mall I’m going to call them out. Anyway, on my OBX I plan on aftermarket options but chose to add the 4.27 gearing for when I upgrade to 35” tires, but I looked into what I would need and did the research myself. I can understand someone trying to help others out so don’t worry about people busting your chops about the thread, just do you.
Good choice with 4.27 it a lot better option should be ok with 35 on The trail....
I think this option also come with the rear locker ....

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty ballsy of the OP to roll in here claiming to have all of the best information, but yet couldn't even be bothered to post the actual specs...

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 15.12.50.png
Wow why you waisting your time....on my post...
This post was clearly not for you master ....lol
Fyi not claming anything ... just raise awarness ......

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty ballsy of the OP to roll in here claiming to have all of the best information, but yet couldn't even be bothered to post the actual specs...

Ford Bronco Don't remove your Sas option if you plan to upgrade bigger tire Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 15.24.14

Also, this:

Ford Bronco Don't remove your Sas option if you plan to upgrade bigger tire Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 15.24.14
I like your sheet! The pre-production sheet is a bit easier to understand as well, but wasn't final.

FWIW: oh look, manual Badlands.... Done.

Ford Bronco Don't remove your Sas option if you plan to upgrade bigger tire Bronco gearin

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow why you waisting your time....on my post...
This post was clearly not for you master ....lol
Fyi not cloming anything ... just raise awarness ......
If you don't want to invite people to post, share, discuss, or present their opinions, you're free to DM specifically those people on the forum you think will benefit from your information.

Otherwise, the purpose of the forum is to get people to converse.

You kept posting what you thought the final drives ratios were... I thought you would appreciate the actual spec sheet from Ford with all the combos and details.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you don't want to invite people to post, share, discuss, or present their opinions, you're free to DM specifically those people on the forum you think will benefit from your information.

You kept posting what you thought the final drives ratios were... I thought you would appreciate the actual spec sheet from Ford with all the combos and details.
You thought wrong!

Ford Bronco Don't remove your Sas option if you plan to upgrade bigger tire abcc49c70f9dfa16562619bffed9931f_w200[1]

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will not recommend to remove the option of sasquash to get your Bronco sooner if you plan to upgrade for bigger tire down the road

Watch the video below before make your decision

The bronco come standard with 3.7 gear ratio i think .....

Depens the option you choose you will have better ratio for

The sasquash gear ratio is 4.7 and it design to support 35 inch tire this is very inportant when you do offroading

Down the road upgrating tire size can be costly if done correctly see the second video to have a idea what ot look like to regear to the proper ratio

The gear ratios confuse me a bit. Anyone know , apologies if it has been answered, why they are coming with 4.7s? The raptors only come with 4.10s even with the new 37” package.
I have an 18 raptor, my impression is that its the same trans. I realize raptor has significantly more power, but the rpms on the 2.7 have to be much higher.
higher ratio makes sense in bronco as my raptor cant hold freeway speed in a headwind without downshift. Rpms too low.

Anyways i know this isnt a raptor page but curious on the logic

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I am sorry i should have been more clear or precis .....
Thanks for the sheet

The point of the post is to bring awarness to some people .... not everyone know all the implicatiion of upgradibg to bigger tire ....
The cost of the tire only on part of the equasion ..... if you are about to remove your sas just be aware of the total cost will be more than just the tire if done correctly....

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The gear ratios confuse me a bit. Anyone know , apologies if it has been answered, why they are coming with 4.7s? The raptors only come with 4.10s even with the new 37” package.
I have an 18 raptor, my impression is that its the same trans. I realize raptor has significantly more power, but the rpms on the 2.7 have to be much higher.
higher ratio makes sense in bronco as my raptor cant hold freeway speed in a headwind without downshift. Rpms too low.

Anyways i know this isnt a raptor page but curious on the logic
I am surprise too 4.10 for the raptor on 37 tire
Maybe it focus more on speed for the raptor then bronco low torque for crawling ....

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am surprise too 4.10 for the raptor on 37 tire
Maybe it focus more on speed for the raptor then bronco low torque for crawling ....

Yea i wish my raptor had 4.56, cant imagine 37s on it and hitting any grade and it shifting down 3or4 gears
Sponsored