First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure if you are like me but I assumed the door bags were included. Nope.

Does anyone have a hack for keeping the doors safe? Or an affordable alternative?

Are people keeping the doors in the back? Or leaving them at home?

I'm taking mine off this weekend and I'm terrified of scratching them
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few soft, clean blankets. Place one on the ground in a clean garage corner that doesn't have much traffic, first door goes down with the inside panel to the wall, the other doors go down facing alternate directions, paint to paint and inside panels to inside panels with blankets in between each one.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can the garage bags be used to remove and replace the doors safely so they do not get scrathed like the door bags that can be stored on board do?
No idea. I think so, but it's just a guess. Haven't seen anyone on here with them yet.

Sponsored

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added the bags to my soft top order, but still unsure what to do with them when theyā€™re not installed. I donā€™t see me meticulously loading them in the trunk every time (especially considering it interferes with dropping the soft top).

wondering if something like this Jeep door storage rack would work, or if I could just build something similar for a fraction of the cost and line it with some rubber foam.

EDIT: Fixed link.

Last edited:

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added the bags to my soft top order, but still unsure what to do with them when theyā€™re not installed. I donā€™t see me meticulously loading them in the trunk every time (especially considering it interferes with dropping the soft top).

wondering if something likethis Jeep door storage rack would work, or if I could just build something similar for a fraction of the cost and line it with some rubber foam.
I canā€™t get your link to work

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The big benefit to me of the door bags is using them to assist with the removal of the doors. However, my opinion doesnā€™t count since Iā€™m getting a 2 door and the only place my doors will fit are in the garage and not in the back.

That being said, buy some 1/2 inch pipe insulation and place on the bottom, cover with clean moving blankets and strap to the garage wall out of the way.

Sponsored

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build your own.

Ford Bronco Door bag alternatives? DIY Jeep Door Storage Rack
The photo with the cloth cover on the car seems to have a pretty unique design for holding the doors. Way cool. It looks like they are using the hinges of the door as the mounting point to the garage wall. Pretty clever. In fact if you offset the lower hinge a bit further from the wall then the top hinge point, the doors will "self close" to the wall. I like this one. Not sure it will work easily with the Bronco hinges, but this would be a nice project.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm probably going to make a rolling cart of some kind. It would be nice to have bags also.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The photo with the cloth cover on the car seems to have a pretty unique design for holding the doors. Way cool. It looks like they are using the hinges of the door as the mounting point to the garage wall. Pretty clever. In fact if you offset the lower hinge a bit further from the wall then the top hinge point, the doors will "self close" to the wall. I like this one. Not sure it will work easily with the Bronco hinges, but this would be a nice project.
Does anybody know the rough dimensions of the door (either two door or four door versions?) Specifically how tall is the door, and how far apart center to center are the hinges? Any hot shot TIG guys want to do a small start up? I guess a nice CNC plasma cutter and a good, wide bender will work too.

Ford Bronco Door bag alternatives? _Bronco Door Holder

Here's my TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) version. 1x1x1/16" square tubing with four small mounting plates welded on. The welding plates have 1/4" diameter straight rod welded on. Have you ever seen the swinging doors on an old western saloon? The hinge pins are offset so the saloon doors always swing to gravity, and end up in the center. Same thing here, but the pins are offset in the opposite direction from the Saloon doors, enough that the doors swing against the garage wall. I never ever want to drive into the garage and wack a door. Bad karma there. The intent is to screw this puppy to a stud, and hang all four doors there. Not sure of the real dimensions, but hopefully you get the idea. Obviously if the pins are too close to the wall, you'd just have to go up in square tubing size. (1-1/2", 2" or whatever...) All four doors on one rack, as we don't have to worry about the glass frame. Obviously because of the hidden nature of the Bronco hinges, the painted side of the door would end facing into the garage, trim side towards the wall.
Sponsored

Last edited: