Door bags on board storage alternatives?

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Bronco
Badlands
I like many here have been trying unsuccessfully to order the ON BOARD door storage bags. They got lost in translation when I converted my order and now I'm stuck with either the garage storage only bags or nothing at all it seems. Despite numerous calls to my dealer and posts here, there's is no info on how to order them. Even the official Ford account on this forum doesn't know what's going on. They sent me a private message to buy them from my dealer which is not an option.

Has anyone come up with an after market option to secure them on board using the garage bags or some aftermarket harness?
Advertisement

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spoke with the parts guy at my dealer. He sent me this which at least has the part numbers:
1629388937390.png

1629388948705.png

Of course they are not in stock for them to order, and this isn't through the accessory catalog. He gave me approximate list prices and said they would sell them to me for lower: ~$75 / bag, which is doable, plus $600 for the harness that attaches them all together (WHAT?!). He couldn't explain it either.

Hopefully someone can sew some bags and a couple straps together for a few hundred bucks eventually. Until then I'm just propping mine in the corner of the garage with all of our extra blankets as padding:
1629389234116.png

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Lol I was like wow 75 a bag is cheaper than the list price and then you said 600 for the harness. That's crazy. The garage bags are 250 so I assumed the on board were going to be around the build and price amount of 350.

I have no room in my garage unfortunately. I have an old pallet I was thinking of attaching foam tiles to. I can sit them on there temporarily but I'm more so looking for an option for on vacation or anywhere. Right now I'm limited to being home.

How do you like the area 51? That was my second choice but I went with cactus gray.

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Thanks for the part numbers. My dealer was looking for that

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the Area 51. I was split between A51 and Cyber Orange but my wife wanted A51 and I'm glad I listened. Cyber Orange in person just looks like a school bus.

I'm really wanting some on-vehicle door bags. We drive to my in-law's house an hour away. I want to take the doors off when I get there, but no where to put them and I don't want to drive an hour on the freeway doorless breathing in fumes. Hopefully Ford or after market figures out something.

Advertisement

Zone Offroad
Advertisement