Sponsored

Door bags on board storage alternatives?

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like many here have been trying unsuccessfully to order the ON BOARD door storage bags. They got lost in translation when I converted my order and now I'm stuck with either the garage storage only bags or nothing at all it seems. Despite numerous calls to my dealer and posts here, there's is no info on how to order them. Even the official Ford account on this forum doesn't know what's going on. They sent me a private message to buy them from my dealer which is not an option.

Has anyone come up with an after market option to secure them on board using the garage bags or some aftermarket harness?
Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spoke with the parts guy at my dealer. He sent me this which at least has the part numbers:
Ford Bronco Door bags on board storage alternatives? 1629388937390

Ford Bronco Door bags on board storage alternatives? 1629388948705

Of course they are not in stock for them to order, and this isn't through the accessory catalog. He gave me approximate list prices and said they would sell them to me for lower: ~$75 / bag, which is doable, plus $600 for the harness that attaches them all together (WHAT?!). He couldn't explain it either.

Hopefully someone can sew some bags and a couple straps together for a few hundred bucks eventually. Until then I'm just propping mine in the corner of the garage with all of our extra blankets as padding:
Ford Bronco Door bags on board storage alternatives? 1629389234116

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I was like wow 75 a bag is cheaper than the list price and then you said 600 for the harness. That's crazy. The garage bags are 250 so I assumed the on board were going to be around the build and price amount of 350.

I have no room in my garage unfortunately. I have an old pallet I was thinking of attaching foam tiles to. I can sit them on there temporarily but I'm more so looking for an option for on vacation or anywhere. Right now I'm limited to being home.

How do you like the area 51? That was my second choice but I went with cactus gray.

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the part numbers. My dealer was looking for that

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the Area 51. I was split between A51 and Cyber Orange but my wife wanted A51 and I'm glad I listened. Cyber Orange in person just looks like a school bus.

I'm really wanting some on-vehicle door bags. We drive to my in-law's house an hour away. I want to take the doors off when I get there, but no where to put them and I don't want to drive an hour on the freeway doorless breathing in fumes. Hopefully Ford or after market figures out something.

Sponsored

Vico007

Heritage
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia optima
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Was anyone successful getting the covers and strap?

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I gave up when I saw that ridiculous price for the strap.

I built a storage drawer and box in the back so it's not an option for me anymore anyway.

Honestly I found out I don't really need it. Haven't had a situation where I would have used them.

Jim

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.5 years later and I'm still wishing Mabett or similar will make some on-board storage bags.

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly these are one of those things that I think if I had actually purchased them I probably would have used once or twice. I'm actually curious how many people who bought them have actually used them often.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly these are one of those things that I think if I had actually purchased them I probably would have used once or twice. I'm actually curious how many people who bought them have actually used them often.
True. I took my doors off 3 times in the first 6 months, then twice in the next year, and one time since then. But maybe if I had some bags it'd be a different story!

If anyone out there bought them and doesn't want them send me a DM.

OP
OP
SigSauer226

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True. I took my doors off 3 times in the first 6 months, then twice in the next year, and one time since then. But maybe if I had some bags it'd be a different story!

If anyone out there bought them and doesn't want them send me a DM.
I still take the doors off whenever I can. I just don't ever have a need to store them in the back. I got an old pallet with some padding on it and I put it on the side of my garage. That's where I store the doors when I take them off.

I've never run into a situation where I've been on vacation and wanted to take the doors off.
Sponsored