Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning on heading to my dealer to document the issues that I've noticed so far with the 2021 Ford Bronco. The door/body issue is well documented here and I've seen several issues with hood alignment. I sent pictures via email to the service advisor just now and I'm hoping that gives them a heads up on what they need to do to get the ball rolling on fixing these issues. I'm attaching the pictures here and and using this thread to document my experience with their resolution to these issues. These two issues are currently the only major issues that I've noticed up to this point.

Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap IMG_4893.JPG
Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap IMG_4894.JPG
Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap IMG_4895.JPG
Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap IMG_4888.JPG
Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap IMG_4889.JPG
Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4890.JPG
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is really sad. I don't know what the heck is going on with Ford. The wife's Mustang came in with the hood to far to the passenger side. I guess "Quality is job #1" has fallen by the wayside. Good luck.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is really sad. I don't know what the heck is going on with Ford. The wife's Mustang came in with the hood to far to the passenger side. I guess "Quality is job #1" has fallen by the wayside. Good luck.
I would just say its settling. Sometimes it could be right leaving, but close the hood, door, or anything moving multiple times could cause it to settle. There is a reason why some recommended services include tightening and rechecking bolts throughout the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took it in today and noted the issues with the dealer. They don't have their own body shop as they are a small dealer so they took it to the body shop that they use. What I was told was that the body shop didn't really want to tackle it since they weren't familiar with the platform, being so new. My dealer is going to call some of his other dealers that have their own body shop and talk to them, do some research on the issues, and possibly reach out to his dealer rep. Hopefully they can figure out a solution. It does appear the hood is warped. It also appears there is a small dent on hood, on the area right where it raises up and goes flat. I had not really noticed the dent before but as we were more closely examining the hood, we both noticed it.

On a positive note, we took care of the following:

1. Claimed my 20,000 early reservation bonus points in the Ford Pass system.
2. I asked about ordering the door bags and also a bag for the middle part of the hard top. I had planned on using some of the Ford Pass points but he told me that he could use some of the customer satisfaction funds for the bags.
3. We had forgotten to use the $100 deposit, from the initial reservation, on the purchase of the Bronco. So, I ended up with a $100 check from the dealership.

Overall a productive day and looking forward to more info on what the resolution might be for the door and hood.

ifrankyr

Big Bend
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco BigBend / 2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I took it in today and noted the issues with the dealer. They don't have their own body shop as they are a small dealer so they took it to the body shop that they use. What I was told was that the body shop didn't really want to tackle it since they weren't familiar with the platform, being so new. My dealer is going to call some of his other dealers that have their own body shop and talk to them, do some research on the issues, and possibly reach out to his dealer rep. Hopefully they can figure out a solution. It does appear the hood is warped. It also appears there is a small dent on hood, on the area right where it raises up and goes flat. I had not really noticed the dent before but as we were more closely examining the hood, we both noticed it.

On a positive note, we took care of the following:

1. Claimed my 20,000 early reservation bonus points in the Ford Pass system.
2. I asked about ordering the door bags and also a bag for the middle part of the hard top. I had planned on using some of the Ford Pass points but he told me that he could use some of the customer satisfaction funds for the bags.
3. We had forgotten to use the $100 deposit, from the initial reservation, on the purchase of the Bronco. So, I ended up with a $100 check from the dealership.

Overall a productive day and looking forward to more info on what the resolution might be for the door and hood.
Any update. I’ve noticed the paint on my door jambs at the bottom is rubbing and starting to mess up the paint. I’ve made a post if you want to check it out. Do you have that issue ?

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update. I’ve noticed the paint on my door jambs at the bottom is rubbing and starting to mess up the paint. I’ve made a post if you want to check it out. Do you have that issue ?
My dealer took it to a local body shop and they agreed that the back doors were both hitting the body. Thing is, I've only seen the pain chipping on the driver's side. I have chips in the rear driver's side door on the front and back side of the very lowest part of the door (corners). I would have never thought to look there if it hadn't been for this forum.

The body shop told them that they weren't comfortable working on the vehicle since it's so new.

I'm actually more concerned about what they are going to have to do to fix my hood.

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company

Any help on what needs to be done about a warped or misaligned hood?

It sits higher on the passenger side when shut and drastically higher after popping the hood release.

None of the other Broncos that I looked at while at the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Austin had this issue.

Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap IMG_4893.JPG

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In order to align my hood, not only did I have to adjust the bumpers, I had to raise the hood latch/lock (in the center) all the way. It's a 10mm box wrench and a 10mm socket job. The doors are aluminum, pretty soft, you could probably bang on the corner from the back with a block very carefully and be fine.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer took it to a local body shop and they agreed that the back doors were both hitting the body. Thing is, I've only seen the pain chipping on the driver's side. I have chips in the rear driver's side door on the front and back side of the very lowest part of the door (corners). I would have never thought to look there if it hadn't been for this forum.

The body shop told them that they weren't comfortable working on the vehicle since it's so new.

I'm actually more concerned about what they are going to have to do to fix my hood.
I have the exact same issue on my drivers side door. Haven’t taken it in yet though.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any update to this issue yet?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ugh, just checked and I never noticed but both of my rear 2 doors are contacting the body when closed and scraping paint off both sides where they touch. Just the bottom rear corner of both rear doors. WTFFFF

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did anyone try what biglebowski suggested with the bumper adjustments?
Sponsored