Door onboard storage with soft top?

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I may have missed this somewhere, but it seems that pictures of the soft top bronco are a bit more difficult to come across.

Clearly, Ford is quite happy with its clever design allowing the storage of the doors in the rear section of a 4 door bronco, however, I have some reservations about this capabilities feasibility with a soft top when it is down. Having owned a 4 door wrangler with both tops, I have an appreciation for the amount of space a soft-top takes up when it is open and folded in the rear. From the pictures, it seems like the doors while stored in the rear of the bronco juuuuuust barely fit.

So what do you guys think, are we going to have to choose top-down or doors off when running a soft top?

The lack of pictures with the doors in the rear of a hardtop with the rear clamshell on is telling enough, but at least clamshell off and doors off are a congruent package (although why you'd be happy to bring the doors if you cant also have a top on the vehicle is a bit curious.)

Maybe this onboard door storage thing is less useful than it seems.
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great question, Ive been wondering the same thing. Based on the pics Ive seen with the top folded back, I think it will be possible. But, it will definitely be possible to at least fold the top half back so that the top is open over all the seating positions, and still fit the 4 doors in the back. Although when ive seed Jeeps riding down the road with the top only halfway back, it looks pretty ridiculous.

Ford Bronco Door onboard storage with soft top? 0BC9D3BD-1998-470E-BF2B-38343B5EAAE4

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same question here. It is one of the various reasons I want to go 4 door. We are taking an immediate long trip and it would be nice to have the doors off and top open, put it all back on if needed.

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may have missed this somewhere, but it seems that pictures of the soft top bronco are a bit more difficult to come across.

Clearly, Ford is quite happy with its clever design allowing the storage of the doors in the rear section of a 4 door bronco, however, I have some reservations about this capabilities feasibility with a soft top when it is down. Having owned a 4 door wrangler with both tops, I have an appreciation for the amount of space a soft-top takes up when it is open and folded in the rear. From the pictures, it seems like the doors while stored in the rear of the bronco juuuuuust barely fit.

So what do you guys think, are we going to have to choose top-down or doors off when running a soft top?

The lack of pictures with the doors in the rear of a hardtop with the rear clamshell on is telling enough, but at least clamshell off and doors off are a congruent package (although why you'd be happy to bring the doors if you cant also have a top on the vehicle is a bit curious.)

Maybe this onboard door storage thing is less useful than it seems.
I hear what you are saying, but man, wouldnt you think the bronco team would have said upfront...ā€the four doors are storable if you purchase the hard top.ā€ Instead they said that the doors are storable in the 4 door bronco. I get the fact that they didnt specify, but that would surely mean four door broncos no matter the top

OP
OP

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear what you are saying, but man, wouldnt you think the bronco team would have said upfront...ā€the four doors are storable if you purchase the hard top.ā€ Instead they said that the doors are storable in the 4 door bronco. I get the fact that they didnt specify, but that would surely mean four door broncos no matter the top

That is a very good point, and here's hoping that's true!!

I only wish I could put more stock in the verbiage Ford uses, but it's a constant source of debate. The whole "by" September thing is an issue itself.

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I recall a thread on here with a pic of the bronco with soft top half folded back driving down the highway. So even if the doors donā€™t fit with the top folded all the way back guess thereā€™s still some sorta half roofless full doorless option. But yea, not sure about fully folding it back. Guess it depends how it folds, I mean the sides and rear come off right? So I guess itā€™s possibly that fully folded down the top just outlines the back cargo area and doors will fit fine in the middle(probably not but havenā€™t seen anything for certain to contradict the idea. Lol)

Last edited:

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well did they ever say ā€œthe four doors are storable and roof(s) can store with themā€ cause the doors are still stowable with the soft top on as much as with the hard top on, so donā€™t need the hard top to stow them. You canā€™t take the hard top and stow it in the back with the doors either. So maybe thereā€™s just no way to go completely roofless and doorless at the same time without leaving something at home.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great question, Ive been wondering the same thing. Based on the pics Ive seen with the top folded back, I think it will be possible. But, it will definitely be possible to at least fold the top half back so that the top is open over all the seating positions, and still fit the 4 doors in the back. Although when ive seed Jeeps riding down the road with the top only halfway back, it looks pretty ridiculous.

Ford Bronco Door onboard storage with soft top? 0BC9D3BD-1998-470E-BF2B-38343B5EAAE4
I literally glanced at this picture and thought they where storing it on the hood! :rolleyes:

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any answers to this question yet? I haven't found any. Would love to be able to store the doors and have soft top down.

DLipin

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just tried on a demo, 3 doors and top all the way down only, 4th door wonā€™t fit.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know, I was thinking about this the other day. The whole doorage thing is a gimmick.

I say this simply because how many of us have a completely clear trunk, nothing in it? Sure the doors may fit, but not if you're stopping by a store, and sure as heck not if you're on a road trip or going off-roading.

I mean you can't put a fridge back there, a cooler, off-road recovery gear, hardly anything and still have room for all four doors.

Now what I'd like to see is if I took two doors off (The two front ones of course) and strap them in the back, how much room does that leave for actual stuff.

My point being is I think Ford focused on the marketing tactics the reality for this feature. Anyone that plans on taking their Bronco off road is not going to be able to put their doors in the back because their trunk area is going to be full of supplies.
Sponsored