First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not my thing!! Chicks look good doing it though!!
Sponsored

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not my thing!! Chicks look good doing it though!!
Yes, I know your baiting me but what the hell. Topless o.k. with me, butt want to see them take their doors off themselves in private. You old toots out there must remember, J. Geils Band, gonna hit a bar now for the Centerfold view, will behave myself in a doorless 2-door Bronc. Tommy Bronc

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I predict after twenty five years of my Bronco ownership the doors will still be like they were when the assembly line workers attached them. I have never understood the door off thing unless one s going to traverse serious terrain and wants to avoid door damage. Driving around town? I don’t get it. But hey, different likes is what makes the world fun.
I take mine off for visibility when I am on the trail. It's entirely a function and purpose driven thing for me.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree, the doors on my 2-door are heavier and more cumbersome than the 4-door models. The problem is when mounting the door you can't see the correct angle while holding door to drop it on the mounting pin below and the mounting "guide nut" above. Built a simple stand out of 2x4's to "rest" the door about a quarter inch above the guide pin and nut. Positions the door easily minus the task of holding it constantly. When I align the angle of the door correctly I grasp the door, kick out the stand and boom it "drops" in. Beats monkeying around holding the door trying to guess the correct angle. I'll get some pic's out when I put the doors back on at the end of summer. Tube's look better too in the summertime. Tommy Bronc

Why are you guessing? I just look at the hinges while I set the door on them. Yeah, the 2 doors are heavier and maybe some will need help, but I've never had a problem putting mine back on. I just look at the hinges while I set the door on them. Should be obvious if you missed.
I guess I don't understand why people aren't able to see the hinges while holding the door, but maybe the door is too heavy and they need help?

Last edited:

BMC Bill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'41 MB, '75 CJ5, '03 F350, '18 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have taken the doors off our 2door Badlands. Easy to come off by myself, I’m 71, but did need the wife’s help putting them back on. She was lifting the end so I could get it level And lined up.
Have had the front panels off too. Note to self, lots of sun screen! I also have a TopLift, but have not tried it yet. Should make it really simple to remove the back shell.
we have owned a jeep since 1975 and every spring/summer the top and doors came off. Very fun to drive that way. Looking forward to doing the same with our Bronco.

Sponsored

P Samind

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 half cab, 2010 F150, 2006 Ranger, 2008 Roush 42
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had mine off once. I wasn't very impressed by the appearance actually. It looked like any other vehicle missing its doors... the hinge design and exposure, the lack of quality paint coverage. And then the unnecessary anxiety of putting them back on? Any reward has now been soundly defeated by risk.

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn't very impressed by the appearance actually.
Ford Bronco Door removal PSA: check for loose door bolts giphy

Thems fightin words! In all seriousness to each to their own. My fight now is the wife won’t let me remove the rear doors because “kids”. So I’m rocking two on/two off. That does look weird but I love it.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to take the doors off ours when it's not 100 and F'n 10 outside hopefully this coming fall but am sort of chicken $h!t to do it with now OCD I am.

How easy to they line back up when putting them back on? The small town we live in my commute is only 4 miles to work so I'm not worried about theft just the agony of things not lining up right.

It's really not bad to re assemble just requires a.mindful approach. I bought some Amazon door bags and I put one arm all the way through the strap up to my shoulder. Push the mirror back, stand inside the door, and use the alignment pin. Not a biggie.

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I put my doors back on I push my mirrors forward (toward the front), then I lay out a moving blanket on the ground next to the Bronco, and when you lift them you can hold the door handle as well as the grab area at the bottom of the inside of the door... it's tricky until you do it a few times. The trick is you really have to commit to getting it lined up and try not to give up, but if you want to reset just lay it on the moving blanket and come back and try it again. It gets easier but the key is lifting it correctly.

That being said I have long arms so it may be easier for me.
Moving Blanket is a must!

Sponsored

Mcurtis137

Raptor
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I took my doors off for the first time a few weeks ago…I, too, found them very east to take off but a huge b*tch to put back on!

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4 door, 2.7 litre, cactus grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moving Blanket is a must!
Be careful with the window seals on top of the door too. They just snap in place and if you pull the back end up it could kink the inner reinforcing wire so it does not snap back down. Voice of experience speaking.

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removing the doors is a simple enough operation if you're not a total spaz. If you are, I strongly recommend you find someone to assist you, or serve as a second set of eyes, or just hold a flashlight for you. Depending upon how many doors you have, the level of difficulty decreases exponentially if you have more doors to remove than fewer. The reason for this is obvious; longer (2-door) doors are heavier and more cumbersome than their shorter, lighter 4-door equivalents.

I also found removing the doors easier than reinstalling them. Once you sense they're free of their hinges, you can simply move them back and away from the body of the vehicle. It's a bit tougher to hold a door (or doors) and try to guide them back onto the attachment hardware because of the weight and the limited visibility (hello, some light here, PLEASE!). However, once you seat the door on the hinge mechanism, it becomes clear that most of the work is complete. Sinking the bolts into their respective sockets becomes a no-brainer. Just remember to tighten the HELL out of them, otherwise, you will hear the dreaded CLICK CLICK CLICK that indicates the doors have not been sufficiently anchored.

All that said, there really is nothing quite like tooling around in your Bronco sans doors, and hopefully sans roof, since that delivers the most amazing open-air experience you could hope for..

Last edited:

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only had mine since March but I've never taken the doors off. Doubt I ever will. Don't really see the point of it. Pretty sure I'll never remove the clamshell either. Haven't had the front top sections off yet either. 2 door windows are large so rolled down is enough open air for me. It's as hot as the sun here in Florida so riding around in 100 degree temps with the sun burning a hole in me is not appealing.
Suit yourself, but you don't know what you're missing. I would highly recommend you do it at least once. If you hate it, never do it again. You won't drop the doors or the top if you're careful. I can remove 4 top pieces and 4 doors in about 20 min. Do it my man!
Sponsored