First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just noticed the drivers side rear door shuts so tightly that it’s worn a whole through the paint on the door and body.

The doors have never been removed. The damage is only on 1 door, the others are fine.

Does anyone have any advice? Would this be covered under the factory warranty? Is there anything that can be adjusted to correct the problem?

EA3C4378-7B6C-4D9D-ACBC-D9ABC0D19C49.jpeg

3A782A4B-A6FC-48CA-8411-05F4C3D9D4E4.jpeg

E15BAEF5-C278-463A-9E5B-6800C5F9299B.jpeg

E3785D50-F52F-4123-907D-B1278044D17D.jpeg
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep happened to me also...I suggest getting your video camera ready and recording the action the bodyshop does to the door....I about sh1t a purple twinkle when I seen the ”tech” put a 4 ft bar un the lock mechanism and reef on it with all his weight...jerking and tugging , checking by open- slamming door 20 Xs, and also he lifted up on the door with what seemed like all he could muster.

I watched in horror.

When he was done with all the shenanigans, I left as fast as I could. It IS marginally better...

I took it home, loosened and adjusted the striker, had to swap sides with the strikers and bend one a tad with a heavy hammer...

Both doors fit better now, but the driver still sounds ”tinny” when shut as opposed to the passenger which sounds more solid ...

I'll probably remove the strikers again and heat them and rebend them , or build new ones. As they don't line up with the latch mechanism very well.
There is NO additional adjustment there or anywhere else was the ”techs” claim.

OP
OP
CommandoAndo

CommandoAndo

First Edition
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep happened to me also...I suggest getting your video camera ready and recording the action the bodyshop does to the door....I about sh1t a purple twinkle when I seen the ”tech” put a 4 ft bar un the lock mechanism and reef on it with all his weight...jerking and tugging , checking by open- slamming door 20 Xs, and also he lifted up on the door with what seemed like all he could muster.

I watched in horror.

When he was done with all the shenanigans, I left as fast as I could. It IS marginally better...

I took it home, loosened and adjusted the striker, had to swap sides with the strikers and bend one a tad with a heavy hammer...

Both doors fit better now, but the driver still sounds ”tinny” when shut as opposed to the passenger which sounds more solid ...

I'll probably remove the strikers again and heat them and rebend them , or build new ones. As they don't line up with the latch mechanism very well.
Holy smokes… that doesn’t sound pleasant. I’m considering just letting it continue to strike at that point since the possibility of an aggressive adjustment might not turn out so great.

As I’m sure you’d agree, it’s pretty disappointing to see the fit that poor and the damage it has from the poor fitment.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CommandoAndo

CommandoAndo

First Edition
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, this is happening to mine as well. We should get a thread started to track every Bronco having this issue.
Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body D9F202A9-CC08-49A9-AC7C-F7C0F33895BA
Im going to contact the dealer and see what they have to say. I’ll let you know!

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you would find that there are a great number, if not possibly a majority. It occurs on the 2 doors as well. The lower rear corner of both of my doors touch, but the drivers side is the only one that has chipped paint. It now has ppf on it to try and prevent further damage. It also came from the factory with a big blob of touch up paint inboard of the striker on the same door. Ford's build quality leaves a lot to be desired. I love my Bronco, but Ford doesn't need to worry about me buying another one of their products. At least, not without a whole lot of changes.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just noticed the drivers side rear door shuts so tightly that it’s worn a whole through the paint on the door and body.

The doors have never been removed. The damage is only on 1 door, the others are fine.

Does anyone have any advice? Would this be covered under the factory warranty? Is there anything that can be adjusted to correct the problem?

This must be a 4 door problem I take it

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im going to contact the dealer and see what they have to say. I’ll let you know!
Just brought mine to the dealer as well so I’ll let you know too!

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is for mine. But I’m not sure on 2dr owners. The only upside to it is the door and body seem to be aluminum so no rust.
I checked my 2 door and seems fine no rubbing or marks

Last edited:

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just noticed mine has a chip in the same spot on my driver's door. I'm not too happy about it. I put some ppf on it today.

F150guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I watched in horror.

I did bodywork when I was younger the tools and way they go about fitment is a real wake up call. I clearly wasn't doing it right 😂

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thank you!
Sponsored