First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name & location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thank you!
Sent! I appreciate the help and look forward to hearing from you.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After an email from one of our valued customers experiencing this issue, I can confirm, Dearborn, we have a problem. Both of the low to no mileage 2Ds in our showroom have signs of this starting. At rest they both have clearance and ASSume this is a result of vertical movement in the door while driving. Our body shop is going to adjust around on these but will add this to the "fix it" list along with the 2.7 cooler hose and other post manufacture inspections.

To be fair, body lines on both of these are no worse than any others that come in so no Mr. Obvious show here. Our FE has just a little, maybe, on the RR door and brother's 4D has nothing. We're going to try a couple things on these to see what gives us enough clearance without creating an issue with panel gap or body lines.

Note to body panel engineering team. Door skins and be about 3/16" shorter since the gap is not visible unless you're looking at it from rocker rail height.

doorrub1.jpg

doorrub2.jpg

OP
OP
CommandoAndo

CommandoAndo

First Edition
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After an email from one of our valued customers experiencing this issue, I can confirm, Dearborn, we have a problem. Both of the low to no mileage 2Ds in our showroom have signs of this starting. At rest they both have clearance and ASSume this is a result of vertical movement in the door while driving. Our body shop is going to adjust around on these but will add this to the "fix it" list along with the 2.7 cooler hose and other post manufacture inspections.

To be fair, body lines on both of these are no worse than any others that come in so no Mr. Obvious show here. Our FE has just a little, maybe, on the RR door and brother's 4D has nothing. We're going to try a couple things on these to see what gives us enough clearance without creating an issue with panel gap or body lines.

Note to body panel engineering team. Door skins and be about 3/16" shorter since the gap is not visible unless you're looking at it from rocker rail height.

Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body doorrub2

I’ll be quite the under taking to correct all of the these… nationwide.

I brought the Bronco to the dealership and they’re submitting the information and photographs to Ford to determine what they are supposed to do.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, this is happening to mine as well. We should get a thread started to track every Bronco having this issue.
Good afternoon! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this door concern for you on my end. Thanks!

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just noticed the drivers side rear door shuts so tightly that it’s worn a whole through the paint on the door and body.

The doors have never been removed. The damage is only on 1 door, the others are fine.

Does anyone have any advice? Would this be covered under the factory warranty? Is there anything that can be adjusted to correct the problem?

Does the door make a popping sound when opening or closing?

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is for mine. But I’m not sure on 2dr owners. The only upside to it is the door and body seem to be aluminum so no rust.
Yeah but once the aluminum is exposed it can lead to paint bubbling. Best to get it touched up.

OP
OP
CommandoAndo

CommandoAndo

First Edition
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does the door make a popping sound when opening or closing?
No sound that’s out of the norm. I do notice that there is a fine line on how much force is needed to close the door. Seems like they get slammed a lot since they are so light

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No sound that’s out of the norm. I do notice that there is a fine line on how much force is needed to close the door. Seems like they get slammed a lot since they are so light
okay, The reason I asked is that I know of some doors that were not put on properly from the factory. WHEN THIS HAPPENS, A POPPING NOISE IS BUILT IN TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE DOOR WAS NOT ALIGNED ON THE POST. tHIS WAS PUT INTO PLACE SO THAT WHEN PEOPLE TAKE THE DOORS OFF, THEY WILL KNOW THAT THE DOOR WAS NOT PUT BACK ON PROPERLY. I KNOW THAT YOU SAID YOU HAVEN'T TAKEN THE DOORS OFF, BUT I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN THIS ON MANNEQUINS. Sorry about the all caps. I didn't realize I left on the caps lock and didn't want to retype the whole thing.:)

GeorgiaBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Bronco, 89 Grand Wagoneer, 15 Mustang GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just noticed the drivers side rear door shuts so tightly that it’s worn a whole through the paint on the door and body.

The doors have never been removed. The damage is only on 1 door, the others are fine.

Does anyone have any advice? Would this be covered under the factory warranty? Is there anything that can be adjusted to correct the problem?

Yes, my back left door had the exact same issue. Took it in to the dealer. They fixed it (Glad I didn't witness whatever they adjusted ;) also fixed the rice-sized paint missing under passenger side view mirror and the infamous hood dent which was the biggest concern I had. All repaired without issue.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good afternoon! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this door concern for you on my end. Thanks!
Sending you a message now. I appreciate this, because I spent $1,500 to professionally ceramic coat my Bronco, and now I’m going to have to pay to get it redone, because of Ford quality issues. Hoping Ford can reimburse me for this.

Sponsored

Inrustwetrust_

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Checked my 2dr this morning.. Ive got the same rubbing on my driver side.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep, just checked my 4dr and it is doing it as well. yay first gen cars.....

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perfect... I am not the only one. I just discovered this when I went to wash my Bronco. I did not understand why inside of that door was so dirty when I just pressure washed the car. Looked closer and the water and dirt was being held back by the door. So I started to clean it by hand and discovered the issue. Door is not fitting correctly. And now I am understanding why I had a hard time opening the door when we had an Ice Storm. The water was not being let out and froze my door shut! This is just not something that should have made it past inspection. It is pretty clear that it is not fitting correctly. grrrrrrrrr
Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body 1644847405237

Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body 1644847291440

What it should look like.
Ford Bronco Door Rubbing on the Body 1644847317841

RebelRebel

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX